Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
JoshK Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I just have 1 pt for antelope in Wyoming. Are there any good units that can be drawn with 1 pt? Been about 10 yrs since i have been out there. Would prefer eastern Wyoming but after a quick look seems like it would be tough with 1 pt. Looking at hunting public land btw. Thanks!

Life is hard,its even harder when you are stupid.
GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Can I have your fishing spot?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Who knows?

The whole paradigm shifted this year.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
Can I have your fishing spot?

😂😂😂

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by Brazos
Who knows?

^^ This...
Units that were “for sure” draws had big influxes of people and a lot of folks didn’t draw. Me included.

IC B2

JoshK Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have a cpl units in mind for sure. A few walk in areas/state land im looking at. Play it by ear i suppose. Lots of knowledge here so figured id ask. 👍

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
There IS a lot of knowledge here. I didn't intend to throw a wet blanket.

Keep researching and planning. Good luck.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by nimrod1949
Originally Posted by Brazos
Who knows?

^^ This...
Units that were “for sure” draws had big influxes of people and a lot of folks didn’t draw. Me included.

Yep tough to predict but for many folks asking that question is akin to asking for the GPS coordinates to their honey hole. I don’t mean that as a slap in the face or anything, just explaining why you might not get the responses you might expect.

Now if you have 10 points that becomes a different matter simply because it is so much harder to get that people will talk.

Usually offline tho.

805 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by JoshK
I have a cpl units in mind for sure. A few walk in areas/state land im looking at. Play it by ear i suppose. Lots of knowledge here so figured id ask. 👍

If you really want to hunt in 2021 I’d probably go with the Special draw also.

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
Originally Posted by 805
Originally Posted by JoshK

If you really want to hunt in 2021 I’d probably go with the Special draw also.

Didn’t mean to come across curt. We had one point last year. We tried the special draw and struck out. The special is more expensive but by the time you factor in the cost of points and years waiting the special draw isn’t terrible.

IC B3

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Usually left over tags up in the Northeast corner of the state around Gillette and Sundance. That is where the largest antelope populations are anyways. I'd look at the draw odds on Wyoming Game and Fish and pay attention to how much public land there is in the units you are looking at. It used to be easy to get access to private by paying a trespass fee but I haven't hunted up that way in years. Dunno what it is like these days. I'm sure outfitters have some of it leased up. Still quite a bit of BLM depending on which unit. Good Luck.

JoshK Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Thanks guys. I narrowed it down to a couple of units. Probably won’t even happen this year, but who knows.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by sheephunter2
Usually left over tags up in the Northeast corner of the state around Gillette and Sundance. That is where the largest antelope populations are anyways. I'd look at the draw odds on Wyoming Game and Fish and pay attention to how much public land there is in the units you are looking at. It used to be easy to get access to private by paying a trespass fee but I haven't hunted up that way in years. Dunno what it is like these days. I'm sure outfitters have some of it leased up. Still quite a bit of BLM depending on which unit. Good Luck.

Not so sure the largest herds are in NE Wyoming.
Trespass fee hunting is much harder to find these days but look over the walk in and HMAs available to hunt , most of that info will be out for this year in July though. Look at the Hunt Planner maps now before they take this last years access spots off of it.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Huntin' Fool or Eastman's would prolly have a list of units that were drawn w/ 1 pt last year. Special license may or may not increase your odds.

E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
PM sent

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by efw
PM sent

Really? Wow.
Recruit more why don't ya

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (160user, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 222Sako, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 47 invisible), 2,584 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.