Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
I was in Asheville yesterday. I went to the drive through at Taco Bell and got a big burrito. It cost $4.45. I had to wait in the line for about 10 minutes.
I got to the window, the gal handed me my burrito, and she said "That lady in front of you paid for your food."

I said "What does she look like?"
She said it was a black lady about 25 years old. I saw her car pull out onto Tunnel Road, it was a late model Lexus SUV. I wanted to catch up to her and wave at her, but she took a right, and she was gone!
I said to the gal at the window, "Well, Merry Christmas!"

I rarely eat fast food, I have been in a drive through one time in the past 4 months.
What in the world?

BP-B2

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I had a woman ahead of me at the grocery store pay for my stuff. It's an attempt to encourage community and reassert our basic shared humanity in deeply divisive, inhuman times of self absorption I believe. "Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too. Good for them, i like it.

Last edited by gulo; 12/30/20.

From a race of hunters, artists, warriors, and tamers of horses, we degraded ourselves to what we are now: clerks, functionaries, laborers, entertainers, processors of information.
� Edward Abbey

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by gulo
I had a woman ahead of me at the grocery store pay for my stuff. It's an attempt to encourage community and reassert our basic shared humanity in deeply divisive, inhuman times of self absorption I believe. "Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too. Good for them, i like it.

You are a tard. Go actually learn about Trump and the things he’s done, and stop letting communist media tell you what to think. Christ, some people are stupid.

N
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
N
Take it for what it was - a random act of kindness.

Pass it forward if the mood strikes. Or don't.

“Factio democratica delenda est"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
"Let's just be decent human beings again" I think it's saying in a time, in America for instance, that has just seen four years of a leader in high office who has a decades long record of being notably inhuman and self-absorbed (and a really sore loser now on top of it all.) In a time where even a virus has been politicized, used to divide community, it's that nuts - that too

LOL

oh boy, Trump's fault again

IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
It's a common thing during the holidays.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Now that Biden’s “in” I won’t ever have to pay for fast food again. Ima gonna need a SUV to haul more folks w me.

Happy days are here again 🤦🏼‍♂️

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe she thought you was Roger 🙂

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
We still haven’t found a vaccine for TDS. Remember guys, we are all in this together.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I never get out of there for less than $15

IC B3

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
That's nice, I done same at a grocery store not long back, mom with three pups in front of me in the line handed the boy some items to put back they couldn't pay for, I said lay those back up there young man, ma'am, you can close that checkbook, told her to go back and get anything they needed while they were ringing me up, boy hugged my ribcage till mom came back with a couple bags of diapers and sacks of apples, LOL, gotta be more pups at home, they cried and thanked me, I wondered on the way home if young jr had a pappy, the way he hugged me and wouldn't let go, most likely not.

It was a lousy 180 bucks or something, I need to woe TF up, stop and realize that amount means everything to some folk at times!

Trump Won!
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I sure need some Schnee’s

Size 14

laugh

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
Originally Posted by slumlord
I sure need some Schnee’s

Size 14

laugh

Whatever that is, come on down Slum! ; ]

Trump Won!
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Does the giver more good than the receiver sometimes, if that’s possible. If you have the ability to help others, it is a reminder that you have been blessed with more than you need, as most of us have.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Been hearing a lot of this lately.

Drive through and grocery store.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Lucky! The only time someone gave me something at Taco Bell was when I suspect a worker was sticking laxatives in the food. I almost [bleep] myself during the 10 min ride home.

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B

Why make a random act of kindness political? You sir, are what is actually wrong with our country. Not everything is political, sometimes random people do nice things randomly. Nothing to do with Trump, Biden, Obama.... or anything other than some people are just nice.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Been hearing a lot of this lately.

Drive through and grocery store.

Jim;
Happy New Year almost to you and your fine family.

That's good to hear on a lot of levels actually.

Although I can't recall just where now, there was a video about why giving is good for us - as the giver - it was a doctor of something I want to say. Anyways, as my cyber friend gunner500 says, what doesn't mean that much to us can be all the difference in the world to others these days.

Then too Jim, we can all of us use some good news nowadays too - so thanks for that as well.

Happy New Year to you all sir.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

You’re a [bleep] idiot. It has nothing to do with this administration, the horrible one before, or whatever schit show may show up after.

It’s an attempt at showing kindness and passing it along. I rarely go through a fast food drive through. I just don’t eat it. There are many times when my wife will run through quickly and grab something for the kids. She’s done it on multiple occasions, and we’ll prior to the last 4 years. It’s a simple and cheap way to do a random act of kindness.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
gunner tip o the hat to you sir

God bless you for your generosity

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
705 members (160user, 12344mag, 21, 12308300, 22250rem, 17CalFan, 68 invisible), 2,717 guests, and 1,281 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,621
Posts18,398,580
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.