S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You have to type really slow for Mikey.

That buzzed over his head at mach 2.

Originally Posted by southtexas
Well dang, and I always thought the lungs were between the back shoulders.

GB1

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I'll never forget the little man......

Originally Posted by SLM
You have to type really slow for Mikey.

That buzzed over his head at mach 2.

Originally Posted by southtexas
Well dang, and I always thought the lungs were between the back shoulders.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Like I said, I have that affect on women.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Thank your lucky stars you found one that didn't want to forget the little man.

Most did.....

Originally Posted by SLM ex-girlfriends

"Honey........smaller isn't better........and hunting with smaller calibers doesn't change that. Sorry, but I am moving on. Still friends?"

Originally Posted by SLM

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A guy I used to work with went to South Africa about 8 or 10 years ago on a plains game hunt. He is a great shot and cool headed. He killed 17 head of game (including a 1400lb. Eland) with 19 shots. He used a Blaser 30/06 rented from the PH. His ammo? Regular old plain Jane green and yellow box 165 grain Core-Lokt Remington.

Ron

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
Orwell
IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
In my Limited experience ,I don't consider Nosler Partitions a Premium bullet, I use them as a Standard, to compare other bullets to. I have killed elk with Remington corelokts so nothing special is required.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
I gave you a day to continue your edits as more clever stuff popped in to your cranium, I understand you are a little slow.

There’s some of us that don’t have to overcompensate for anything. Then there are those that have to overcompensate for everything.

Pretty obvious where you fall.

Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
Thank your lucky stars you found one that didn't want to forget the little man.

Most did.....

Originally Posted by SLM ex-girlfriends

"Honey........smaller isn't better........and hunting with smaller calibers doesn't change that. Sorry, but I am moving on. Still friends?"

Originally Posted by SLM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It's been a few days, I'm missing that crafty wordsmithing and razor sharp wit lol.

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Colorado1135
It's been a few days, I'm missing that crafty wordsmithing and razor sharp wit lol.

I've been missing that since the beginning of this thread......

A wise man is frequently humbled.

W
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Given that the ammo is so little the cost of the hunt, no reason to cut cost on the bullet.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by Wrapids
Given that the ammo is so little the cost of the hunt, no reason to cut cost on the bullet.

This is the key point. Even if you're broke as hell, a handful of bullets in any reasonable caliber are cheap compared to the tag. Then you have other expenses.

Premium bullets - especially high weight retention lead designs - work better and help prevent game loss. They're a good thing and people should use them for large animals including elk.

Last edited by Llama_Bob; 07/01/21.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by wyoming260
In my Limited experience ,I don't consider Nosler Partitions a Premium bullet, I use them as a Standard, to compare other bullets to. I have killed elk with Remington corelokts so nothing special is required.

I don't get this line of thinking: I have done something this way therefore nothing special (here: premium bullet) is needed. Based upon your experience then but what is the sample size of that experience and what were the variables associated with the sample? All broadside shots at undisturbed animals grazing unaware of your presence 100 yards away? Or making tracks away from you through heavy timber? Across a canyon at 400 yards? Can you be more specific?

The way life should be.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
An F150 is only $2500 less than an F350 and my uncle had to pull a big trailer one time 25 years ago so I’d better have the one ton just in case…..

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
The argument that even “premium” bullets are inexpensive and therefor should be used is irrelevant in that it assumes “non-premium” bullets are inadequate in the first place. What’s a “premium” bullet anyways, and what does the word have to do with the supposed ideal performance? Is a Matchking a premium bullet? How about a Barnes TTSX, Scenar or a Berger? Do they all share the same desired characteristics that make a premium bullets supposedly successful and cup cores “non-premiums” not successful? Confusing considering many of these bullets aren’t even labeled “premium”. Where I live you can get OTC elk tags, the VAST majority of folks just buy Remington, Federal blue box or Winchester powerpoints and if you ask, many couldn’t tell you what a premium bullet is. What’s on the shelf and inexpensive is most likely going to dictate what they use. I can’t even imagine how many thousands of elk over the years have been killed up here by “non-premium” bullets. On threads like this it’s always those who criticize are the same ones that have never done it, and those who haven’t done it, blame the cartridge or the bullet on failures they never experienced.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob

This is the key point. Even if you're broke as hell, a handful of bullets in any reasonable caliber are cheap compared to the tag. Then you have other expenses.

Premium bullets - especially high weight retention lead designs - work better and help prevent game loss. They're a good thing and people should use them for large animals including elk.

I love it when a guy tells me what kind of bullet I should use.

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Originally Posted by Llama_Bob

I love it when a guy tells me what kind of bullet I should use.

It’s for your own good. If you haven’t been using said bullets then you have been doing it wrong. It’s amazing that anything gets killed these days with all the wrong bullets being used.

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
You should probably make that a duel wheel in case you ever buy a 45’ gooseneck.

Originally Posted by TheKid
An F150 is only $2500 less than an F350 and my uncle had to pull a big trailer one time 25 years ago so I’d better have the one ton just in case…..

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
You’re both ignorant of current truck prices…..along with a few thousand other things.

By all means, take your PT Cruisers up for that mountain elk hunt.

If it worked once…..who could ever challenge the validity?

Certainly not someone who has never owned a PT!

Originally Posted by SLM
You should probably make that a duel wheel in case you ever buy a 45’ gooseneck.

Originally Posted by TheKid

S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Mikey, you keep stepping on your dick. ( you must have really short legs.)

I just might have some real recent experience pricing trucks, but that’s irrelevant in the conversation. The point went over your head at Mach 2.

Made any road trips in the wife’s grocery getter lately? Maybe someday she’ll let you get your own.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
In Wyoming right now…..in the grocery getter……end destination Idaho.

You at the lunch table? A lower chair could get your little feet to the floor.

Page 22 of 24 1 2 20 21 22 23 24

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

552 members (222ND, 2003and2013, 10Glocks, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 59 invisible), 2,529 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,159
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.