-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I love our DG store. One of the full time checkers is anorexic. I like throwing up on the counter (no pun) chips, candy, and doughnuts just to watch her rib cage move from her stomach starting to engage it’s puke cycle.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
They sell charity shortbread cookies for the blind or retarded or some bunch, that are damn good. Big round cookies with chocolate on one side, sold in a sleeve for a dollar. They're kinda like Fudge Stripe cookies except these actually taste good.

The ones around here don't sell booze though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I was in one of our area rural stores. They really are all within 7 miles.

The young man working the store had his own music playing on the store’s overhead comfort compulsive soothing shopping audio system

It was The Sickness by Disturbed. And old album yes but.... anyway.

I got a chuckle looking at the Halloween clearance candy and hearing
“ Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
Get up, come on get down with the sickness “

Some old grannies in there going through table cloths and candles. 🤣

Haha

got my chit and left, was a polite kid, I didnt say anything.

Well....my son has a big party out here( this was all last year)

Among 12-15 people I see this kid, LOL
i totally busted him out. He’s a chemistry major. Good kid just dgaf Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m expecting Walmart and Dollar General to go out of business because everything they sell is made in China. I think that their will be war between the USA and allies; and China. China got the first blow by attacking us with Coronavirus. We shouldn’t buy anything from our enemies , China.

[Linked Image from ]
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Reloder28
Nothing in a dollar store costs a dollar.

It does at Dollar Tree

Dollar Tree’s are primo training ground for shoplifters.

🦫

The closest one here is

I was nearly knocked over one time by 3
big shaniqua's running out the door each
with a green basket overflowing with
cosmetics and glue on fingernails and
hair pieces and related garbage
The cashier didn't say a word nor any of
the dozen people waiting in line

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
They have beer , bacon and propane . You can hit a Dollar General and grab enough to get you through 3 or 4 days at camp .

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
I live out in the sticks, so to speak. We've got a gas station and Post Office a coupla miles from the house.

New Dollar General going in about 3.5 miles down the road. Big happenings for these parts and some folks are all twitterpated about it. I've been in a few DG's, mostly for the contraband Thin Mints, but I ain't a regular.

What are the behavioral expectations for a home-town Dollar General? How must one conduct themselves in said establishment when they're a local? Is there a dress code I need to be aware of? I don't want to embarrass myself or my family name during the Grand Opening event.

I know you guys will steer me true!

Believe me. Anything goes.......PJs in the middle of the day, uncombed hair, dirty camo suits, muddy boots, grease covered mechanic overalls...........Come as you are, as long as you have money! Don't worry, if you don't like the one going in now, just wait a week or two and there will be another one built 5 miles down the road.

Is the long mullet still allowed in DG?

Asking for a pard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

Allowed????? It is almost necessary to blend in...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got some large, heavy glass beer mugs from Dollar Tree

For a dolla

Keep one in the freezer for Root Beer floats

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dollar General for Tampons.

The End

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Was shopping in one the other day.

Big old white girl cashier.
The awkward size of either big or pregnant, but hard to tell.

Her the other cashier ask her when she due.

Any day now....

Was leaving, she’s outside taking long drags off a cig.
🤦🏻‍♂️🤘🏻

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
Was shopping in one the other day.

Big old white girl cashier.
The awkward size of either big or pregnant, but hard to tell.

Her the other cashier ask her when she due.

Any day now....

Was leaving, she’s outside taking long drags off a cig.
🤦🏻‍♂️🤘🏻

That’s disgusting !

At least a Stripper who snout roots lines of coke on her break knows the importance of staying in shape.

🦫

“Molon Labe”
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Do they sponsor a NASCAR team yet? That will get them big time street cred with the white trash.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hastings
I love Dollar General. 4 mile trip and at most 30 minutes from leaving my driveway to return home. Milk, OTC meds, Diet Pepsi, Mom's graham crackers, whole wheat bread, sour cream, cheese, eggs, spices, canned beans, coffee, chips, pet food, paper towels, trash bags, insect repellant, laundry and dish soap. Most of all I avoid Walmart.

Tell me more about these graham crackers.

I don't think this is what He is speaking of, but they sell a chocolate covered graham cracker that is very good. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The jumbo soft baked choc chip cookies in the single pack on the snack aisle are good.

$.50 each.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I used to have a girlfriend that thought a fun weekend was driving to Falmouth, KY where they had 2 dollar stores-- one was a DG.

Recently Falmouth got a new Dollar General superstore. It's got a lot of everything. It comes close to what Kresge's used to be (before K-Mart).

I used to feel that a basic survival skill was being able to go into a Dollar Store and a Convenience Store and outfit an entire camping trip in under 60 minutes. It freed you up from having to plan a lot ahead. It came in handy; my best friend died with all my gear in a storage locker in Florida. I flew down to get his stuff and mine home, and found my camping gear was tied up in Probate. There I was in the middle of Ocala National Forest with nothing. 30 minutes in the Dollar Store and another 15 minutes in the Convenience Store, and KYHIllChick and I were living like royalty.

1) Dress code is loose, but I would be wearing the same clothes I'd go into a diner-- shirt, shoes, pants. Don't stand out.

2) Use the same sense and awareness you'd have in a Walmart or a supermarket.

3) Don't be a dick. DG usually has a bunch of scared women running the place. They are not trained to handle emergencies well. They are more likely to call the cops, because they don't know how to handle it any better.

4) Don't get involved. If stuff ever starts going down in a DG, just drop your load and leave quietly. DG is not the place to make your stand for Peace, Justice, and the American Way.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
One just appeared in our little town of 388 people. No alcohol though. Five churches in a tiny town!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by thardy
One just appeared in our little town of 388 people. No alcohol though. Five churches in a tiny town!

Must be none of them are Catholic.

He went over yonder way
L
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
L
I live out in the sticks, so to speak. We've got a gas station and Post Office a coupla miles from the house.

New Dollar General going in about 3.5 miles down the road. Big happenings for these parts and some folks are all twitterpated about it. I've been in a few DG's, mostly for the contraband Thin Mints, but I ain't a regular.

What are the behavioral expectations for a home-town Dollar General? How must one conduct themselves in said establishment when they're a local? Is there a dress code I need to be aware of? I don't want to embarrass myself or my family name during the Grand Opening event.

I know you guys will steer me true!

All you need to wear is your socks, you'll be fine

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Sell your schit and move.

Property values dont increase when the DG stores start showing up.

They are like carrion beetles.

I am MAGA.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by flintlocke
All in good humor. But the reality is...rural folks that have a 80 or 100 mile round trip to a store these little stores are great. In our area we were down to one small market, Ray's Food, with gouge pricing and they were actually stocking shelves and reefers with stuff that was on or past sell-by date. Too bad DG aren't set up to sell a few veggies and frozen meat. Their Clover Valley house brands are pretty good quality.

I don't know how Rapes Market stay in business. Freaking highway robbery.

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

118 members (10gaugemag, 358WCF, 450yukon, 19rabbit52, 30Gibbs, 18 invisible), 1,997 guests, and 887 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,279
Posts18,467,652
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.