Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
Originally Posted by Beaver10
A Dollar General grand opening is definitely a black tie event.

Sock, you even asking about this tells us you’re lacking in too many social refinements to count.

Take a few hookers with you, they can fill out employment applications and you’ll be a rock-star in the community.

🦫😬

Dearest Beav, you know I consider you half friend/half spirit animal. The size/shape/build/moral standing of the hooker(s) is still TBD, but I wanna do this thing right. I got one shot to make my mark on this SOB so I'm going to turn this new DG into my fire hydrant so the outsiders know who's boss. Would this ensemble be over the top for opening day or should I save it for the gala?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I loved your music in Kentucky Headhunters.

“Dumas whoppers” is a classic.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

BP-B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

What the hell is that thing? Looks like an Ewok after an Allman Brothers concert

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

🦫

What the hell is that thing? Looks like an Ewok after an Allman Brothers concert

Lemur....My inner animal spirit.

Ladies love the tongue.

😂🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I confess. After all this, I ended up going to a Dollar Tree today.

My recliner gave out yesterday after 20 years of faithful service to myself and my father. We had to go looking for a new one this AM. We were 10 minutes early to the furniture store and there was a Dollar Tree next store. I went a little nuts, but only because they had so many good things I'd been looking for

32 OZ plastic stadium cups. I've got a mouth full of expensive dental work. I try to keep my use of glass to a minimum
Nice cheap coffee mugs for deer camp. The $.25 cups we bought at the Falmouth DG started breaking after 15 years of service.
Plastic dog bowls. I like to eat my dinner out of one. It's a long story, but they are actually easier to deal with for stew, soup, etc. My newest one is 30-some years old.
Frozen Jamaican meat patties. KYHillChick and I acquire a taste for them on our honeymoon. Now I need a 6-pack of Ting to go with them.

The check out lady was the same age as KYHillChick and me-- 62. We had a charming chat while she was checking us out.

We then went next door and found a new recliner-- the one I liked best was on sale!!!

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Ok..

Dog bowl threw me for a loop.

#getyourfreakon
#boomers
#cabinfever

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Heads up / quick mini review.

The $3 clover valley chub of summer sausage doesn’t make for good deer stand break fast food.

There may be consequences and repercussions.

#bubbleguts
#dudewipes

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
its my go-to when i need a wiffle ball set, foam cooler and overpriced half sized bag of kingsford.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

The $3 clover valley chub of summer sausage doesn’t make for good deer stand break fast food.

#bubbleguts
#dudewipes

But it doesn't need to be refrigerated . laugh

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
We got one that moved into downsized Walmart location.....seems they were a flop everywhere. Anyway, soon as they opened up were immediate success. Got the best prices on all the basic items you need....toilet tissue, paper products, etc. Even got nice freezer section. We shop there quiet often and don't have to travel so far. They popping up in all the out of the way places....buying stock in them....should be a winner with the economy we got coming.

O.B.Wallace
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

#bubbleguts
#dudewipes

But it doesn't need to be refrigerated . laugh

That’s the reason i grabbed it. Next time I’ll just get the slim Jim brand sausge / cheese combo pack.

They be good.

Gotta be weary with un-refrigerated meat not in a can. 😂🤪

Dave

IC B3

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I have found the stock to be a really good investment, It has went up 40% since I bought it. I will offer a tidbit of information maybe someone can figure it out and make some money. Almost every time the Dow and S&P go up DG drops a little and when the Dow and S&P start to climb DG drops. I would expect DG to loose a little when the stimulus checks start getting cashed. If anyone can use this information and make a little something thats great. I can always use a can of those fancy toffee peanuts.

Last edited by killahog; 01/03/21.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Dollar Tree bought Family Dollar a while back and closed a bunch of Family Dollar stores.

Dollar General sometimes locates new stores in some pretty odd out-of-the-way places.

They built a nice big brand new store with a large parking lot a few miles from here on a little two lane state road, pretty much in the middle of nowhere, and the nearest little town (more of small grouping of houses with a few churches) 4 - 5 miles away in the opposite direction. The only plus to the location I can see is it's close to on / off access to a interstate hwy.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
I think they study their demographic market and location pretty well before they put in a store, they are a huge success around here.Nearest real competition is 38 miles away. Wish I had bought a block of their stock back when.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
A couple small towns up here will not let Dollar Generals open up.They drive out the small Ma &Pa grocery stores.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Huntz
A couple small towns up here will not let Dollar Generals open up.They drive out the small Ma &Pa grocery stores.

In these parts, lot of DG are rural. “Out in the county”.

Dave

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
i was pleasantly surprised when i went in one a while back. decent selection of stuff you need. they have sprung up like meadow mushrooms in rural PA. and as for mom and pops, i don't know of any around anymore. the owner of the last one i knew dropped dead behind the counter last summer.

My diploma is a DD214
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The single most common reason for long time small town 'mom & pop' stores to close their doors forever I've seen here around my area is the original owners die or get too old and have health issues and can't run them any longer and their kids / heirs for their own reasons either can't or don't want to take them over.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last time I was in a Dollar General we were having a large family breakfast and my sisters toaster died. Dollar General around the corner. Got a toaster for $10. Sister is still using it 5 years later haha

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Knowing that Dollar Tree and FD are under the same corporate umbrella, here's a real poser for ya: We've had a Dollar Tree in a small strip mall here for years. Not my favorite, limited scope of merchandise, not even close to DG. Well, a few weeks ago they've opened a Family Dollar, almost right next to it in the same strip mall.

Last Mom'n Pop we had around here, closed several years ago, also sold gas. Ol' boy that owned it was a genuine character, always enjoyed stopping in there over the past 40 years. Sold coal, straw and had a helluva mess of hardware in the back.

NC native, worked that accent all to hell and had a good location on a major two lane between two I-81 exits, until a Turkey Hill opened on either side of him. One three miles to the east, the another one four miles to the west, on same road. Both of them were close to the I-81 exits and killed his gas business. He croaked, neither one of his lazy assed kids were interested in keeping it open.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Lazy assed kids suck.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
398 members (280shooter, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 16penny, 1_deuce, 51 invisible), 2,350 guests, and 1,141 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,723
Posts18,400,590
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.