Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by mooshoo
i bet somebody will buy it!

Are you serious? That price of $5225.00 is a live bid. That gun is sold, it's just that the price hasn't been determined yet.

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Deerstalker & PoconoJack: I disagree with both of you.
That Rifle has NOT been re-polished NOR re-blued nor has the wood been re-finished!
Under close up scrutiny of the "roll stamping" it is particularly sharp and obviously NEVER re-polished nor re-blued!
Look at the serial number picture - close-up.
That receiver has never been touched (that I can see from the enlarged pictures provided!) and I can find no evidence from stem to stern of that Rifle being "unoriginal".
That Rifle is about 62 years old and some "lubricant" oozing into the wood would not be "unusual"!
And if it is present it is NOT to ANY great extent that I can see.
I agree with the amazement at the current bid - but I adamantly disagree with the baseless conjecture that THIS Rifle has been re-polished, re-blued, re-finished.
Maybe the dozens of folks bidding on this clean rig are all mistaken?
I don't think that, to be the case.
Again I am shaking my head at the current bidding!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

$6,525.00

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Poconojack: The current bidding is now up to $6,650.00!
With 90 bids so far!
I mean I am just in disbelief at the value on this not so rare but excellent condition Winchester Rifle.
AND... there is over 8 hours of "bidding" to go.
Could this be some kind of ruse/set up/conspiracy to drive up real world prices?
I mean I am incredulous at this value on this Rifle!
That does it - tomorrow morning I am going to get started re-evaluating my gun collections.
I am shaking my head.
It is feasible that this Rifle could attain a value 100 (one hundred!) times what I paid ($75.00) for my first Winchester 94 (similar vintage - similar condition by the way)!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
That Rifle has NOT been re-polished NOR re-blued nor has the wood been re-finished!
Under close up scrutiny of the "roll stamping" it is particularly sharp and obviously NEVER re-polished nor re-blued!
That receiver has never been touched (that I can see from the enlarged pictures provided!) and I can find no evidence from stem to stern of that Rifle being "unoriginal".
That Rifle is about 62 years old and some "lubricant" oozing into the wood would not be "unusual"!
I agree with the amazement at the current bid - but I adamantly disagree with the baseless conjecture that THIS Rifle has been re-polished, re-blued, re-finished.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Buffing marks are clearly visible in pics 5 thru 11, if they are not obvious and one is unable to see them (or has no idea what they’re looking at) it’s folly to try and discuss the re-blue.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Buffing marks are clearly visible in pics 5 thru 11, if they are not obvious and one is unable to see them (or has no idea what they’re looking at) it’s folly to try and discuss the re-blue.

Varmintguy is a true "expert", no sense going against him. Just ask him how many Leupolds he has on how many rifles and none of them have ever failed. I wish I had his kind of luck.. Ha ha..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
bas1917hunter & pocononojack: : "I" never proclaimed status as an expert - I have been dealing in and collecting pre-64 Winchesters of all types for over 55 years now - and I do know something about them!
But if ether of you think that Rifle has been re-polished, re-blued and re-finished then you's two's guy's are simply showing your stupidity in public!
Carry on!
Or maybe you's two's guy's are smarter than everybody bidding on this Rifle - fat chance of that!
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
pocononojack & bas1917hunter: You's two's mental midgets still have an hour and a half to bid on this cherry piece!
94 bidders it seems - and the bid is at $7,025.00 (seven thousand and twenty five dollars!) now!
I don't think that Rifle is worth that, personally, but it is fact that someone (many someones!) does.
And nothing either of you twirps has burped up has changed my perception of this Rifle at all!
I am shaking my head at the current bid AND the stupidity you two are showing publicly.
Again carry on mental midgets.
He-he.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HitnRun
My bet is whoever is bidding that high, knows more about that gun than anyone here.

Family heirloom that got sold; owned by John Wayne; has the secret code to the vault inscribed under the barrel; or maybe just shill bidders. Who knows. 7K though!

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H

Originally Posted by RJY66

I was thinking the other day how much I used to hate Bill Clinton. He was freaking George Washington compared to what they are now.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Shill bidding at its “finest”

Last edited by jsgwoodsman; 01/11/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Bugger
I'd sell my 94 32 Special for half that. grin

Me too. smile

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Sales tax collected based on ship to address.
The tax alone would be just about right for a sales price depending on the ship to address.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My 1950 is better

Attached Images

I like guns | optics | fishing
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

597 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 49 invisible), 2,619 guests, and 1,163 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,505
Posts18,452,557
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.