Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Wife thinks doing a carb clean to get the snowblower working again makes me a magician.

Seriously, she should EXPECT me to fix stuff, not think it's impressive that the engine not running except on choke was something I could figure out and fix.

The friggen bar is set waaaaaay too low these days.

At least my son wanted to come out to the shop and "help" more than play video games.

BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
in a country where 2/3's of the population cant find their ass with both hands,being competent makes you a rarity.

.... like tears in the rain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
My wife is a wrecking ball. She could bend a battleship I swear to god. I've never seen a person so talented at breaking things. I say that line to her every time I fix something she's broken. She got me a sign for my shop this year for christmas that said "We Break it, Dad fixes it" haha.

Last edited by k20350; 01/03/21.
goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook
in a country where 2/3's of the population cant find their ass with both hands,being competent makes you a rarity.

I get that, but she's been stuck with me for over 20 years. I have a shop, 220 outlets everywhere, and stuff to plug into them. I fix stuff and make stuff all the time.

And she's still surprised and impressed.

I'm not complaining, but it's like being the Rodney Dangerfield of handy husbands.

It's probably all the stupid/dangerous [bleep] I used to do.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Originally Posted by k20350
My wife is a wrecking ball. She could bend a battleship I swear to god. I've never seen a person so talented at breaking things. I say that line to her every time I fix something she's broken. She got me a sign for my shop this year for christmas that said "We Break it, Dad fixes it" haha

I think we're married to the same woman. I swear, over half of the stuff I have to fix is from what she has broken. She's beginning to learn my mantra of "Don't force it"

IC B2

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
You must have used wd-40 because duct tape won’t help a carb.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
You must have used wd-40 because duct tape won’t help a carb.

Well, carb cleaner is in a spray can like WD40, so close enough for government work!

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by MichieD
Originally Posted by k20350
My wife is a wrecking ball. She could bend a battleship I swear to god. I've never seen a person so talented at breaking things. I say that line to her every time I fix something she's broken. She got me a sign for my shop this year for christmas that said "We Break it, Dad fixes it" haha

I think we're married to the same woman. I swear, over half of the stuff I have to fix is from what she has broken. She's beginning to learn my mantra of "Don't force it"

There were three evil sisters from that family..I got the other one. Mine has twisted off the door key to the travel trailer so many times, that I have filed a shear line on it so you can pluck out the stub easy. Two, count 'em, glass doors to the woodstove. Three, count 'em, tips to expensive deep sea poles. Pockmarks on almost every window of the shack from her weedeater and rocks. And modifications to her Hoover that would make an Abrams tank a much sturdier piece of hardware. But wait, I carry a beater milsurp 6.5 Mannlicher for a pickup gun, the Weaver (steel tube) 2.5x has a suspicious dent on the objective bell, it suspiciously matches the height of the door sill of said pickup. She knows "nothing of this whatsoever, so help me God." It is a full time job following her around with epoxy, solder, Lincoln welder, duct tape, baling wire and basic tool kit.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife leaves the vehicles and other powered equipment to me to fix. Usually she ignores the noises in her truck til I gotta use it, then I'm fixing it. Tractor or mini excavator and stuff like that she tells me right away.

In the house, if she knows or sees a problem she's off to the hardware store and she fixed it.

Even trade

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Both of those attributes don't count for squat, compared to a large bankroll, ten or more figures.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

goalie Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by arkypete
Both of those attributes don't count for squat, compared to a large bankroll, ten or more figures.

Yeah, well I married the money, not my wife.

wink

#keptman
#mommamakesthechedda

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
"If I had a dollar for every woman that didn't find me attractive, they'd find me attractive."

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
My wife has her own toolbox. I have a very handy guy on speed dial.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
"If I had a dollar for every woman that didn't find me attractive, they'd find me attractive."

grin Good one!

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I did a carb cleanse once.........

It weren’t pretty.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by arkypete

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Wifey likes me cause I fix things, make her laugh, and take her dancing!

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I’m lazy, but I’m actually pretty handy. I’ve done my best to keep this from my wife to avoid more projects. However, there’s been a few times since we started building our house where I’ve had to step in and “help” a subcontractor. She’s on to me know.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Apparently the bar is set too high in my house since my wife thinks I can fix anything. When our heat pump went out I told my wife that I don’t have experience working with 480V and I wasn’t interested in learning it. Fast forward a week and I had the unit apart and watched more YouTube videos than I would’ve in a lifetime. I replaced the part I suspected and another part just because I was in there. I flipped the breaker and lo and behold it worked like new.

After reading what I just wrote I realize that I’m the one that set the bar and she just trusts me.....I’m such a fool. 😁

It’s the easy but tedious, repetitive stuff that drives me nuts. I’d rather pay our children or one of their friends to do that stuff.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
691 members (12308300, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 69 invisible), 2,794 guests, and 1,287 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,632
Posts18,398,846
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.