Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
If they really steal this election, it's time. We've had majority control of the state legislatures for years. And it doesn't happen this year, we better widen our margin at the states in the mid terms and do it then. We need a "by the people for the people moment" ASAP. It's the only thing short of massive civil unrest in every city to change anything. DC and America is ruled by the ruling class, foreign interests, special interests, corporations and billionaire puppet masters. And courts are more concerned about AVOIDING a constitutional crisis by playing a part in anything to do with the election. Well guess what azzholes, you've CREATED a constitutional crisis by not having the balls and integrity to DO YOUR FUGGING JOB. It's past time to take back some of DC's power over us. First on my list of requests would be to STRENGTHEN the 2nd amendment, including specific stop gap provisions to block gun control efforts in the future.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
GB1

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
You wanna turn the Constitution over for modification to the same spineless suits that have let things get to this point? Ummm, no.

What have WE gotten fixed so far? You know, to show that we might have the ability to predict what would come of this gambit?

Last edited by OldGrayWolf; 01/03/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
my list of requests would be to STRENGTHEN the 2nd amendment

not one more dime

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by OldGrayWolf
You wanna turn the Constitution over for modification to the same spineless suits that have let things get to this point? Ummm, no.

What have WE gotten fixed so far? You know, to show that we might have the ability to predict what would come of this gambit?

No, the constitution is being used as toilet paper by the people in DC. People OUTSIDE of DC need to take it back.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
Originally Posted by JakeBlues

No, the constitution is being used as toilet paper by the people in DC. People OUTSIDE of DC need to take it back.

I’ve been hoping that this will happen. It will take some very strong state politicians to man up. Our founding fathers gave us this option. I pray that it is used.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by IZH27

I’ve been hoping that this will happen. It will take some very strong state politicians to man up. Our founding fathers gave us this option. I pray that it is used.

I'm about 99% confident if we did this, people will be asking why didn't do it 20 years ago. DC has been neutering the power of the people and the states for far too long.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A Convention of the States may be a dangerous path to take.
But it beats the living hell out of a civil war. I don’t know where this is headed, but a civil war is preferable to a commie takeover, and if it takes a Convention of the States to avoid that, count me in!
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 7mmbuster
A Convention of the States may be a dangerous path to take.
7mm

I'm afraid there are no non dangerous options left brother.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sadly, near all states have policy dictated by 1 or 2 metropolitan sectors. Rural America is lost.

1Minute
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 1minute
Sadly, near all states have policy dictated by 1 or 2 metropolitan sectors. Rural America is lost.

Republicans control around 60% of the state legislatures. It's basically the only power center where we have a super majority left.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Yep, the constitution is just fine, the 2nd amendment needs no extra wording, no revisions necessary. It's up to we the people to decide whether we want to follow it or not.

Like Ben Franklin said after ratifying the constitution " .... A republic, if you can keep It".

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J

Because the constitution is worth a damn as a document absolutely no one pays any attention to?

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
There's a reason why the convention of the states is included in the constitution. And it not so that we can ignore it and hope schit gets better. It's for this very time when power is too concentrated in the federal government.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
There's a reason why the convention of the states is included in the constitution. And it not so that we can ignore it and hope schit gets better. It's for this very time when power is too concentrated in the federal government.

So explain the process you envision taking place to deconcentrate the power from the feds.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
That’s a dangerous line to cross and a can of worms that I don’t think we oughta open. The majority of the cucks in DC including state reps are untrustworthy traitors, I don’t want them having anything to do with perverting our sacred document. We don’t need to amend our Constitution, we need to live by the words written. Why would anyone trust politicians to abide by the will of the people? They have nothing but contempt for the Constitution because it restrains their power and if they’re allowed to change it you can be damn sure that any changes will NOT benefit We the People!

We need to fix our election, drain the swamp, punish the traitors, disband several (if not more) alphabet agencies and clean the SCOTUS. The most honored of all the judiciary is the SCOTUS, they’re supposed to be guided by the Constitution, unbiased in their application of the law and above the political infighting. Unfortunately most of the SCOTUS has ignored their obligations and the standard of conduct that’s expected of them has been bribed and extorted out of existence.

Until we’ve cleaned house from top to bottom I hope the Constitution stays locked up tight. There’s nothing wrong with it as it stands, we can’t even get the protections enumerated therein.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It would be nice to force some election standards on them so it's at least a LITTLE harder to cheat and get away with it. Making the # of judges on the scotus a fixed amount would be worthwhile so the commies can't pack it. Make it a crime to vote on a bill you haven't read so they can't turn a 200 page bill into a 5,000 page pork orgy. And how about this? For every 100 pages in a proposed bill, it must be posted on the public congress web site, IN IT'S FINAL FORM, for a day for EVERYONE to read and scrutinize. So when they put out a 5,500 page dumpster of crap, instead of 6 hours to review it, it has to be online for 55 days, WITHOUT CHANGES.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Oh yeah, and enforce some term limits on all their asses, including the scotus. There's no way in hell that will EVER happen unless the states impose it.

"Hey jackass, get your government off my freedom."
MOLON LABE
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SBTCO

So explain the process you envision taking place to deconcentrate the power from the feds.

As OP mentioned, forcing term limits on all federal politicians and scotus justices would take a massive amount of power out of DC. No more 40 year scumbags like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Sander, RGB etc. That's a huge start and sends a clear message.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Having a convention will not give carte blanch for anyone to change a damm thing.

It is called for things that have been agreed upon ahead of time.

Some folks really need to read up on this.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Educate yourselves here on the Article V Convention of States

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (01Foreman400, 300_savage, 257robertsimp, 338Rules, 16penny, 13 invisible), 1,171 guests, and 761 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,057
Posts18,463,235
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.