Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by plainsman456
Having a convention will not give carte blanch for anyone to change a damm thing.

It is called for things that have been agreed upon ahead of time.

Some folks really need to read up on this.

I understand but I don’t trust them. There are plenty of laws that don’t apply to them only to us Serfs.

They don’t even abide by the Constitution now.

It’s a false assumption but one that Americans always fall for.....create more laws instead of enforcing the ones we have.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
BP-B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Mark Levin wrote an excellent book on this. But that will never happen. We can't even get the bastards, including SCOTUS, to follow the Constitution.

My home is the "sanctuary residence" for my firearms.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Liberal blood......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Originally Posted by SBTCO
There's a reason why the convention of the states is included in the constitution. And it not so that we can ignore it and hope schit gets better. It's for this very time when power is too concentrated in the federal government.

So explain the process you envision taking place to deconcentrate the power from the feds.

As OP mentioned, forcing term limits on all federal politicians and scotus justices would take a massive amount of power out of DC. No more 40 year scumbags like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Sander, RGB etc. That's a huge start and sends a clear message.

Sounds fine, that can be done without a CC.
Just takes will.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Having a convention will not give carte blanch for anyone to change a damm thing.

Correct. For right now it's more of a movement than anything. Lots of Constitutional scholars and law makers discussing means for addressing what we're witnessing on a daily basis with abuse of centralized power, among other things. But the very mature of this lends itself to what I am saying. There are certain measures and changes that will NEVER HAPPEN unless there are initiated outside of DC, because of the self licking ice cream cone nature of the beast.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
There's a reason why the convention of the states is included in the constitution. And it not so that we can ignore it and hope schit gets better. It's for this very time when power is too concentrated in the federal government.

So explain the process you envision taking place to deconcentrate the power from the feds.

As OP mentioned, forcing term limits on all federal politicians and scotus justices would take a massive amount of power out of DC. No more 40 year scumbags like Biden, Pelosi, Schumer, Sander, RGB etc. That's a huge start and sends a clear message.

Just takes will.

No offense, but are you out of your mind? The odds of politicians in DC imposing term limits on themselves is about 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.

Progressives are the most open minded, tolerant, and inclusive people on the planet, as long as you agree with everything they say, and do exactly as you're told.
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I agree it's needed. Term limits and a way to break lifetime appointments.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
DMc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by AcesNeights

I understand but I don’t trust them. There are plenty of laws that don’t apply to them only to us Serfs.

They don’t even abide by the Constitution now.

It’s a false assumption but one that Americans always fall for.....create more laws instead of enforcing the ones we have.

Exactly, but the DOJ and 3-letter agencies are ALL corrupt now.

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
I agree it's needed. Term limits and a way to break lifetime appointments.

If the convention accomplished nothing else besides term limits, it would still be worthwhile.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
I can’t believe the people in this thread who witnessed what just happened and who think that something short of an Article V convention will work. It’s pretty much the last step before revolution or servitude. And frankly, it’s something that should be tried before anything else.

IC B3

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
I think it’s long overdue. In the convention should be mandatory every 20 years or so along with term limits.
Some say look at the idiots in charge now, we don’t dare. I say the old saying is true: we may not know what we’ll get, but we do know what we already have.
Looking at the last election map and how much was red and how little was blue if you don’t have a convention now, I don’t know when you can.
I’m sure the founders are looking down saying: we gave you the means, what the he ll are you waiting for??

Osky

A woman's heart is the hardest rock the Almighty has put on this earth and I can find no sign on it.
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I can’t believe the people in this thread who witnessed what just happened and who think that something short of an Article V convention will work. It’s pretty much the last step before revolution or servitude. And frankly, it’s something that should be tried before anything else.

Yep.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by JoeBob

I agree. I think some of the newly elected rookies on the right are a much needed addition in this extraordinary time. They appear to be pro-Trump, pro-constitution and would be more amenable to Article 5 since they’re not ingrained politicians that have been bought off.imho

We first must focus and fight for our Republic, NOTHING else matters if our elections are fake and our 3 branches of government are owned by special interests and the CCP.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Just takes will.

No offense, but are you out of your mind? The odds of politicians in DC imposing term limits on themselves is about 1 in 1,000,000,000,000.

And expecting those same "politicians" making changes to the constitution via a CC in favor of term limits is somehow going to happen?
Who has lost their mind?

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Just takes will.

And expecting those same "politicians" making changes to the constitution via a CC in favor of term limits is somehow going to happen?
Who has lost their mind?

You realize we're talking about non federal politicians correct? They aren't imposing anything on themselves. That's why it would work.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Fed politicians will not be making up anything,

It is done by State folks,you know regular human beings that live close to home.

I.E.easier to get to.

They usually tend to do right by their folks.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S

Just takes will.

Who has lost their mind?

You realize we're talking about non federal politicians correct? They aren't imposing anything on themselves. That's why it would work.

So you are going to put your trust in the "non fed politicians" from CA. OR. WA. CO. NM. MN. NV. LA. NH. VT. NY. RI. GA. IL. MI. PA. ME. NJ. DE. MD. RI. VA. WV. IA........?

Tell me again how you are going to get the three fourths majority (that be 38 states) to pass anything that DOESN'T screw us over?

You are naïve in the extreme to think state legislators are not in bed with their fed. counter parts/parties in one form or another.

― G. Orwell

_Eileen Clarke

- Alexander Hamilton

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
How are we going to be screwed over worse than we are already?

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Any changes that came out of a convention would have to be ratified by 3/4 of the states, 38 of them. The states have different ways of ratifying amendments. After the Equal Rights Amendment, Idaho's legislature jumped on it and ratified it immediately. They they stepped back and looked at what the amendment really did. Then they rescinded the ratification.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
That’s a dangerous line to cross and a can of worms that I don’t think we oughta open. The majority of the cucks in DC including state reps are untrustworthy traitors, I don’t want them having anything to do with perverting our sacred document. We don’t need to amend our Constitution, we need to live by the words written. Why would anyone trust politicians to abide by the will of the people? They have nothing but contempt for the Constitution because it restrains their power and if they’re allowed to change it you can be damn sure that any changes will NOT benefit We the People!

We need to fix our election, drain the swamp, punish the traitors, disband several (if not more) alphabet agencies and clean the SCOTUS. The most honored of all the judiciary is the SCOTUS, they’re supposed to be guided by the Constitution, unbiased in their application of the law and above the political infighting. Unfortunately most of the SCOTUS has ignored their obligations and the standard of conduct that’s expected of them has been bribed and extorted out of existence.

Until we’ve cleaned house from top to bottom I hope the Constitution stays locked up tight. There’s nothing wrong with it as it stands, we can’t even get the protections enumerated therein.

What good is The Constitution when State Governors and AGs and the Supreme Court ignore it and do what they want.Two thirds of the checks and balances plus the media has gone rouge .The only way to fix it is to tear it down and start over.That will not happen as long as people sit on their asses and spout off on internet forums and it ends there."We have met the Enemy and it is us".

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
637 members (09wingates, 219 Wasp, 2003and2013, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 2,561 guests, and 1,180 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,601
Posts18,398,282
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.