Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by irfubar
Salty I hear you have chinaman troops up there...... is that true?

Once conquered, we can use them to build railroads to get them trees to the mill so's we can builld some sheds

Brother Geno, with this intellect I have to question the Beaver awards decision...... wink

It was not a hard leap of intelligent thought.

They did a good job on RXRs here a century and a half or so ago. It might be in their genes. If not, they learn quickly, look how good their kids do at our Universities.

Don't know much about the chinks... except they are a pain in the azz in Yellowstone np.....
Oh and they built cool rock fences in the gold rush days in California........
And in Deadwood they burnt whores.....

Friend of mine lived on old mine property above the Feather River and Lake Oroville.. Her house was the remodeled mine office. (Burnt to the ground in that fire this year). She showed me where they had built rock sluice boxes, side by side. Run one for a few days, divert the water to the other side, pick the first, Repeat as needed. Quite the historical artifact.

If you boat up the North Fork on lake Oroville you will see the old Chinese trail from the town of Oroville to the gold fields.... lotsa chink history in the 49'er gold fields.....

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We're comin' with saws too.

Price of lumber is ridiculous.

At least 47 guys here can drop trees, that'll get us started.

Can't cut here, but once we conquer Canukistan maybe the price of a 2x4 will go back down to a reasonable level so's a fella can build a shed. And not have to use old pallets.

Well I for one am hoping for the tide to change in coming years to get rid of the 'tariff war' bs that's so in vogue these days. If you want some 2x4s and I want some Calliforneeen wine we should just be able to meet in a back alley and do the deal no? I don't get all the taxes tariffs, skin for the king and what not. Maybe Kingston knows now that he's the smartest man on the fire and all wink

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
But yeah.... lumber prices thru the roof up here too. I guess everyone that's gone covid crazy is reno-ing their house and building man caves. Real estate market is on fire here right now too...lots of new builds everybody snapping them up, masks and all. Loco

Last edited by Salty303; 01/04/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salty303

Can't cut here, but once we conquer Canukistan maybe the price of a 2x4 will go back down to a reasonable level so's a fella can build a shed. And not have to use old pallets.

Well I for one am hoping for the tide to change in coming years to get rid of the 'tariff war' bs that's so in vogue these days. If you want some 2x4s and I want some Calliforneeen wine we should just be able to meet in a back alley and do the deal no? I don't get all the taxes tariffs, skin for the king and what not. Maybe Kingston knows now that he's the smartest man on the fire and all wink

Here.. here... I just wanna come up and catch your feesh..... smile

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K
Originally Posted by lvmiker
Originally Posted by kaywoodie
Yeah. I used to smoke em. Would end up with like a foot of cigarette ash in my pastis. 🤣.

But, I didn’t care.

AHhh the good old days! Sitting in a smokey bistro in Algiers slurping Absinthe and listening to Piaf and Aznavour and Reinhardt while waiting for our agents to show. Like a brothers from another mother. Plus ca change...

mike r

And nights in the Casbah at Sidi bel Abbás!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

That's one thing they haven't got stupid about yet at least you wanna come up and fish, come up and fish. I think they sting you some more than me for a license but other than that get after it!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah. I used to smoke em. Would end up with like a foot of cigarette ash in my pastis. 🤣.

But, I didn’t care.

AHhh the good old days! Sitting in a smokey bistro in Algiers slurping Absinthe and listening to Piaf and Aznavour and Reinhardt while waiting for our agents to show. Like a brothers from another mother. Plus ca change...

mike r

And nights in the Casbah at Sidi bel Abbás!

And this is why woodie was in contention for smartest dude at the fire..... what does this mean?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's one thing they haven't got stupid about yet at least you wanna come up and fish, come up and fish. I think they sting you some more than me for a license but other than that get after it!

Will they let me across the border? thought that schit was shut down

K
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
K

But, I didn’t care.

mike r

Mike! I was totally mad for Lucienne in those days!!

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

Canukistan...

LOL!!!!

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Will they let me across the border? thought that schit was shut down

Yeah.... there is that little detail. Tell you what fubes.. when that border opens, hopefully soon its going to be busier than its ever been. Guarandamnteed. There is a hell of a lot of pent up wanderlust lots of Canucks are having snowbird withdrawal, Vegas withdrawal, Hawaii withdrawal etc etc. And the other way Whistler, Banff, hunting and fishing up here is going to see lots more traffic the other way. Apparently lots of resorts are already booked solid for the summer up here with cancellation clauses in case the stupidity continues, but I don't think it will. Schit I liked to boot accross myself just for schits and giggles for day trips, I miss it!

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Salty:
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that other than the impending war we've declared on our neighbors to the south that all is well with you.

I was out in the shop working on the tractor for a bit and then on a rifle stock, came in and saw this in the nightly news.

I mean if I hear it on the news it's got to be true right Salty?

Well, honestly I'm not sure if I really need to finish the stock now that we're at war - I suppose it'll be redundant and all that...

Decisions, decisions.

Stay well sir and do keep your powder dry - apparently.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Salty:
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that other than the impending war we've declared on our neighbors to the south that all is well with you.

I was out in the shop working on the tractor for a bit and then on a rifle stock, came in and saw this in the nightly news.

I mean if I hear it on the news it's got to be true right Salty?

Well, honestly I'm not sure if I really need to finish the stock now that we're at war - I suppose it'll be redundant and all that...

Decisions, decisions.

Stay well sir and do keep your powder dry - apparently.

Dwayne

Damn Dwayne, its worse than I thought! LOL

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Salty;
Thanks for the prompt reply sir, I appreciate it.

Perhaps if things don't go our way, we can buy them off with BC bud and wine. There's actually a growing micro distillery boom going on here too - as well as everyone and their stray dog making beer.

Perhaps we can do that Salty?

Heaven knows the hunting has been poor the last few years and it's not been cold enough to go ice fishing yet.

I'll make some calls and get back to you on how the stockpiling is going on our end here.

Stay safe brother.

Dwayne

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Slumlord should be along shortly to accept his award.
I had to coordinate a rather quick henchmen security detail.
Forgive em if they are slightly outta step.
Thank god they are behind him and he dont have eyes in the back of his head........
Be fugging hell to pay in his mood today........
I told him about our 3PEAT!!!
Didnt have alot to say...
Strange.....

This toggle sniper issue he has been dealing with today has him rather preoccupied.

It might be awhile or he might blow it off.

I just dunno.......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Salty;
Thanks for the prompt reply sir, I appreciate it.

Perhaps if things don't go our way, we can buy them off with BC bud and wine. There's actually a growing micro distillery boom going on here too - as well as everyone and their stray dog making beer.

Perhaps we can do that Salty?

Heaven knows the hunting has been poor the last few years and it's not been cold enough to go ice fishing yet.

I'll make some calls and get back to you on how the stockpiling is going on our end here.

Stay safe brother.

Dwayne

Careful not to give away too many battle secrets brother operation beerbudwine is still on the low low. Hahahahaa

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by renegade50
Slumlord should be along shortly to accept his award.
I had to coordinate a rather quick henchmen security detail.
Forgive em if they are slightly outta step.
Thank god they are behind him and he dont have eyes in the back of his head........
Be fugging hell to pay in his mood today........
I told him about our 3PEAT!!!
Didnt have alot to say...
Strange.....

This toggle sniper issue he has been dealing with today has him rather preoccupied.

It might be awhile or he might blow it off.

I just dunno.......

I hope he doesn't get all John Lennon and retire for a simpler life Rene. LOL

Na.. toggle wars need attention just now and I'm sure he's just resting up for his speach.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Damn it, I just want to go to Canuckland and drink Molson and fish...... damn worlds gone crazy

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
irfubar;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the day went more or less as planned, regardless of the fact that the world may well have gone crazy.

On a more serious note I am surely hopeful that we'll be letting in people from elsewhere to enjoy our views, catch some fish and drink some of our beer.

Heaven knows we Canucks can't drink it all ourselves - evidence that some of my fellow countrymen are doing yeoman work trying notwithstanding.

Anyways, lets hope for better and brighter days for us all for sure sir.

Dwayne

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
irfubar;
Good evening to you sir, I trust the day went more or less as planned, regardless of the fact that the world may well have gone crazy.

On a more serious note I am surely hopeful that we'll be letting in people from elsewhere to enjoy our views, catch some fish and drink some of our beer.

Heaven knows we Canucks can't drink it all ourselves - evidence that some of my fellow countrymen are doing yeoman work trying notwithstanding.

Anyways, lets hope for better and brighter days for us all for sure sir.

Dwayne

Brother Dwayne... your optimism inspire me.... smile

Page 15 of 18 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 18

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

574 members (10gaugemag, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,485 guests, and 1,353 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,654
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.