Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Ahhh man

I don’t wanna be a couch cûnt or have a dog that eats kitty tootsie rolls. Especially not in my home owners association.

What about a Feist

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BP-B2

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Bullet would fit.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!!!!!!!!!!!
L
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
L
Ripper

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jane ? as in Jane Russell

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Miniature Pinscher is in that size range .

IC B2

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by jmh3
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]host image online free

Not mine but a killer tracking dog and not an azzhole at all.

There is a reason every outfitter in Africa has one.

My guide in Africa had one. I hit my zebra through both shoulders with a 375 ruger and it decided to run 150 yards out through tall grass. The jrt Balto was going nuts so we turned him loose. I still remember his head bouncing up out of the grass so he could see as he trailed it.

When he got to the zebra he ran around and grabbed its tail and pulled it up and then bit the zebra right on the brown eye. I asked the guide what he was doing and he said that's how balto makes sure they are not just playing dead. I asked why does he do that and the guide said because it works. Balto was a tough little dog but he was killed by a cobra later that year.

Bb

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
LOL.

RIP Balto!

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I'd never get one after my friend ended up with 5 in his yard. He called them his "Lawn Piranhas". If a dog got brave and thought he was going to go in the fenced in yard and beat up a couple little dogs, it would end up with 5 vicious nasty critters hanging off of his body ripping him apart. If JRTs weighed even 50lbs, you'd have to cage them like a lion and feed them with a slingshot.

Last edited by reivertom; 01/04/21.
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by slumlord
Ahhh man

I don’t wanna be a couch cûnt or have a dog that eats kitty tootsie rolls. Especially not in my home owners association.

What about a Feist

Fiests is what rat terriers were before breeders got ahold of em. Teddy Roosevelt liked them immensely, even bring a couple into the Whitehouse IIRC.

Used to be general purpose farm dogs; vermin control, intruder alarm and small game hunting. Not as one track mind as a Jack Russel.

Last edited by Birdwatcher; 01/04/21.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Our JRT was named Rascal. It fit. Jacks have a certain intensity, or intelligence in their eyes. I have not seen any comparison in other breeds.

Neighbor 1/2 mile away had a JRT named Charlie. Charlie got in the habit of hiking up to our house each morning and again in the afternoon, play with Rascal for an hour or so, then jog back home. Funny as hell.

Rascal was about three or four months old and was lounging on the couch. I sat down beside him and scooted him to the side. He growled. I slapped him on the ass. He nipped at me. I snatched him up and spanked his butt with my hand. He then went after my hand, snarling and biting.

So I picked him up, threw him down on his back, and grabbed him by the throat. I held him that way for several minutes. After that, I was alpha until he died.

Rascal was absolutely wonderful with our grandbabies. He would fuss and cry, and run the fence if the kids were around but outside the fence. He ran and played nonstop with the kids. The kids would become exhausted and take turns running with the dog. After the kids went home, Rascal would go to bed and sleep for hours.

He had the strongest predatory drive of any dog I ever knew. He absolutely loved fighting with raccoons. Was death on pocket gophers or marmots. And yes, he thought he weighed 500 lbs.

Many Jacks can be trained to not molest cats, but it takes some doing. Our cats survived because they all stopped and rolled over onto their backs when ever Rascal tried to chase them. No pursuit.....no fun.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by reivertom
I'd never get one after my freind ended up with 5 in his yard. He called them his "Lawn Piranhas". If a dog got brave and thought he was going to go in the fenced in yard and beat up a couple little dogs, it would end up with 5 vicious nasty critters hanging off of his body ripping him apart. If JRTs weighed even 50lbs, you'd have to cage them like a lion and feed them with a slingshot.

+1
Friends of mine have one, they say it's the worst mistake they ever made.

BUT, it's probably a good match for the OP.
Just a aggravating POS.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Eddie

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Log up the cats. My friend in South Africa got on the bad side of his wife when his new terrier decided to execute some of the farm cats. The wife was not impressed. She got over it though.

He's a pretty good dog. Not a PB JR, some sort of cross with another small terrier, he's a little longer legged and taller, but still small.

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Got plenty of room to roam, no whiney old people close by.

My neighbors let their dogs run free here on our dead end road. What’s one more?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AB2506
Log up the cats. My friend in South Africa got on the bad side of his wife when his new terrier decided to execute some of the farm cats. The wife was not impressed. She got over it though.

He's a pretty good dog. Not a PB JR, some sort of cross with another small terrier, he's a little longer legged and taller, but still small.

Someone dropped a big tabby tom off a week ago. It’s already gotten squashed. Probably not 10 cars in a 24 hour period on this hard top. Darwin feline.

Dogs didnt even get a chance to run it I don’t think.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Impi

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A friends Drahthaar died and he was looking at other breeds.
Wanted something a bit unusual, and he likes the breeding standards
of the Germans.

Anyway he discovered some breed, which I can't recall.
When he inquired, the breeder ask why he wanted a dog.

When he found out it was going to be inside and a pet he refused
to sell.

Said if you want a feisty little dog for a per, get a JRT.

These dogs of mine are not civilized pets, they aren't ever going
to be nice and friendly. Their only use is for farm type pest control.

Would love to see them in action. If they are that much more
aggressive than Jacks.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by slumlord
Ahhh man

What about a Feist

What a magnificent animal! He must be at least 12 inches at the shoulder. Ha ...

O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Impi

Midget.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by dpd
Rosco

I like it. Or Bosco...if he has any chocolate coloring.

I think we're all assuming Slum's getting a male?

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
698 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,769 guests, and 1,319 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.