Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Betting the commies just hate this guy.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/no-cr...l&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-01-05-2

BY JACK PHILLIPS January 5, 2021 Updated: January 5, 2021 biggersmaller Print
News outlets took President Donald Trump’s comments to Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensberger out of context during a phone call that was later leaked to the press, said Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz.

“Well, every major media is taking it out of context,” Dershowitz told Just The News, adding that there was no apparent crime being committed on the phone call by the president.

Mainstream outlets initially reported on Trump’s remarks to Raffensberger as an attempt at a shakedown to “find 11,780 votes” in Georgia for the Nov. 3 presidential contest.

But the full transcript of the call showed that Trump asserted that he won the state and asked the election official to probe election irregularities—like he has been doing for weeks.

“He’s not saying I want you to create the vote,” said Dershowitz in the interview. “He’s not saying I want you to manufacture or concoct the votes. He’s saying, and he’s been saying this for months, on Twitter and his statements and his campaign’s, he thinks that people voted for him and those votes weren’t counted. He’s entitled as a citizen, as a candidate, to say, ‘I want you to find those votes, I want you to find the votes that will pass for me and what weren’t counted, I want you to find votes that were cast against me that shouldn’t have been counted—by people who are dead people, who are out of state.”

Trump’s campaign dismissed the allegations that the president was engaging in untoward or criminal activity when he spoke with Raffensberger.

On Monday, Jason Miller, a campaign adviser, said the full recording and transcript showed Trump was “spot-on in his criticisms of the terrible job Raffensperger did.”

According to a transcript of the call, Trump told Raffensperger: “The bottom line is, when you add it all up and then you start adding, you know, 300,000 fake ballots. He also made reference to allegations of election fraud in the state.

“We’re looking into every one of those things that you mentioned,” one official told Trump on the call. “Let me tell you what we are seeing. What we’re seeing is not at all what you’re describing.”

But the call, which drew widespread media attention, was floated as a possible starting point for another House impeachment investigation into Trump.

And in a letter to FBI Director Christopher Wray, Reps. Ted Lieu (D-Calif.) and Kathleen Rice (D-N.Y.) asked the bureau to launch a criminal probe into the call.

“As Members of Congress and former prosecutors, we believe Donald Trump engaged in solicitation of, or conspiracy to commit, a number of election crimes. We ask you to open an immediate criminal investigation into the President,” they wrote earlier this week.

Dershowitz, for his part, said there was no crime committed.

“I’ve been teaching criminal law for over 50 years,” he added. “I went through every word of that transcript, there is no crime there, period.”

Zachary Stieber contributed to this report.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
GB1

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Thing is - only a little tiny percentage of people see this type stuff - the vast majority just shrug their shoulders and look for fun stuff .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Alan Dershowitz had meeting with Trump at the beginning of his presidency. It was very, very productive, therefore, I expect no criticism of Trump from him.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
It is obvious when he suggests to him that he may be committing a crime by not proceeding with a more minutious count.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
But that whole SOB thing of telling Ukranians not to investigate your son or you wont get US taxpayer billions....... nothing to see here

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
IC B2

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Agree w/AD

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford
Agree w/AD

Exactly. Anybody who says different has zero understanding of the law.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

515 members (12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 19rabbit52, 10gaugeman, 1eyedmule, 57 invisible), 2,737 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,912
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.