Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I’ve had one for about a year. The LGS let me keep scrutinizing them as they rolled through until I found one with a tighter than average barrel/cylinder gap & a good overall fit for the model. Was looking for black but Burnt Bronze was the first to appear better than most in fitting & the color grew on me. I may me lucky but mine shoots dead to the sights.
Only complaint would be how stiff the loading gate is to open. This appears to be common. Stiffly sprung.

All in all very impressed for the price point.

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Anteloper
I’ve had one for about a year. The LGS let me keep scrutinizing them as they rolled through until I found one with a tighter than average barrel/cylinder gap & a good overall fit for the model. Was looking for black but Burnt Bronze was the first to appear better than most in fitting & the color grew on me. I may me lucky but mine shoots dead to the sights.
Only complaint would be how stiff the loading gate is to open. This appears to be common. Stiffly sprung.

All in all very impressed for the price point.
That's how mine is too. Very stiff loading gate. Hard to open. No complaints other than that, thus far.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Loading gates are stiff. And I have a few of them. Not sure why they are so stiff.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How to fix a hard to open Wrangler gate

Here's a picture of the gate detent spring. Measure the gap at the ends then place the looped end in a vice and squeeze it until the gap is about half as wide. This worked great for me with a .1" gap.

https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/ruger-wrangler-load-gate.384801/

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 700LH
How to fix a hard to open Wrangler gate

Here's a picture of the gate detent spring. Measure the gap at the ends then place the looped end in a vice and squeeze it until the gap is about half as wide. This worked great for me with a .1" gap.

https://www.rugerforum.net/threads/ruger-wrangler-load-gate.384801/

Thanks.

IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
What is everybody using for holsters with these?

Funny that you should ask. I just ordered one from Cabelas got it for free using points. I have a nice Simply Rugged holster that I had Rob make for my Single Seven but now won't fit because I put on taller sights. It would be a shame for the holster to go to waste so I ordered the Wrangler which should fit perfectly.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by JLimbo

Funny that you should ask. I just ordered one from Cabelas got it for free using points. I have a nice Simply Rugged holster that I had Rob make for my Single Seven but now won't fit because I put on taller sights. It would be a shame for the holster to go to waste so I ordered the Wrangler which should fit perfectly.
So you ordered the Wrangler to fit your holster? I've checked all the Cabela's and BPS in the area and they don't have Wranglers in stock either in-store or for order.

J
Judman Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
J
SIL loves it, pretty decent shootin iron for the $$. Can’t remember what holster I got him for it, leather single action, like $80. Thanks for the replies boys. 👍

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Just ordered a minimalist type Triple K for $30 from ShopRuger. Had to get one for my Blackhawk that was a little higher dollar in order to get the fee shipping. Didn't want to pay $8 to get a $30 holster shipped though.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
This morning Cabelas had the burnt bronze available for ship to store so I burned some points. I love free guns. And yes, I did buy a gun to fit an existing holster.

So you ordered the Wrangler to fit your holster? I've checked all the Cabela's and BPS in the area and they don't have Wranglers in stock either in-store or for order.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds like I was dogging you. I wasn't. Sorry for the tone of the post. I've done stuff very similarly. See my post above about buying another holster just to get free shipping. lol

I don't think those have been available for awhile. Congrats on the score. Good to use those points up.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I keep mine in a holster I made in High School, some 45 years ago. I got a kit from Tandy, and assembled it in one of those elective classes that were prevalent back then. The holster weighs almost as much as the Wrangler. It's big enough to take a Blackhawk, but the Wrangler goes into it deep enough it won't fall out. There's a hammer loop, for extra security. I can also use the Bianchi 1L that fits my Single Six.......................

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Sounds like I was dogging you. I wasn't. Sorry for the tone of the post. I've done stuff very similarly. See my post above about buying another holster just to get free shipping. lol

I don't think those have been available for awhile. Congrats on the score. Good to use those points up.

No worries I didn't take it that way. Just a heads up-was on Cabelas site a few minutes ago and the burnt bronze is still available for ship to store.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

No worries I didn't take it that way. Just a heads up-was on Cabelas site a few minutes ago and the burnt bronze is still available for ship to store.
I ought to just drop the hammer on another one but there's a couple of guns I could use more, so I'll save my Cabela's points for now. Thanks for the heads-up.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ratsmacker
I keep mine in a holster I made in High School, some 45 years ago. I got a kit from Tandy, and assembled it in one of those elective classes that were prevalent back then. The holster weighs almost as much as the Wrangler. It's big enough to take a Blackhawk, but the Wrangler goes into it deep enough it won't fall out. There's a hammer loop, for extra security. I can also use the Bianchi 1L that fits my Single Six.......................
That's pretty cool.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

595 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 10ring1, 53 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,248
Posts18,466,936
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.