24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I saw some short pieces laying on the shoulder of the road, scrap where a new line was going in. Stopped and asked one of the guys on the crew if I could take a couple of the short pieces, he said take anything I wanted off the scrap pile. Used it to make a underground valve box for water lines. Maybe ask around at the supply houses, maybe they can put you on some free stuff?

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
gutthooked: Thanks for the link. I like the hexagon shape, which eliminates the need for an agitator. Price is a bit high, but at this point it would be cheaper than purchasing a length of 8” Schedule 40 PVC and the associated end caps, reducers and quick caps and PVC cement since mine is all dried out..

Take a look at one of these, the inside is lined with rubber and it makes it pretty quite. I have the FA Platinum Tumbler and I really like it, I also dry my brass in an old Dehydrator I have, cases dry overnight.

Drum.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Also get yourself one of these.

Here.

And one of these.

Here.

And one of these.

Here.

Support equipment makes life a lot easier.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
12344mag: Thanks for the links. That drum is certainly nice, but for the price I think I like the Extreme Rebel 17 barrel gutthooked recommended better since it’s rubber-lined, powder-coated and has stainless steel construction.
Extreme Rebel 17

I have already purchased a rotary Frankford Arsenal media separator. The “transfer magnet” looks like it would be rather helpful, but I thought stainless steel was not magnetic?

blindshooter: I thought the same when I saw the water utility working on the street out front the other day. They gave me a 4’ length of Schedule 80 6”, they didn’t have any scraps of 8” or 10" as they were all full length pieces, but Schedule 80 is way too heavy duty for this usage. Not to mention that the associated caps and reducers aren’t cheap to source. I’ll keep my eye out, however.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
What do you need an agitator for?

I would not worry about the weight of heavier pipe if your motor has plenty of oomph. I would think sealing the unit will be your big challenge.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
OregonCoot: I was thinking that the agitator would help knock around both the SS pins and the brass; otherwise, I'd imagine that the brass would just gently roll around and not get properly cleaned. No?

I believe the motor I found is a 1/3 HP, but I'd have to check to confirm that.

Last edited by High_Noon; 01/06/21.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Friends Dad was a skilled trades worker for GM. He was huge into the antique bottle scene. I have no idea what his tumbler cost GM but it was an amazing unit. we tumbled at least a ton of brass in that thing back in the day haha. Buddy still has it and its absolutely the strongest and most expensive home brass tumbler ever built I nearly guarantee it. No doubt 4 or 5 departments were involved in it.

Last edited by k20350; 01/06/21.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by High_Noon
but I thought stainless steel was not magnetic?

Some stainless steels are magnetic, it depends on it's alloy structure.

Paul

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Found a 8"x18" piece of Schedule 80 today. I believe it is way too stout and heavy:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

- Del Gue
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
704 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 73 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,308 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,682
Posts18,399,706
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.