Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Just went though the same thing with my bathtub.... it started draining slower and slower and slower. Pour this down. Wait a few hours, then grab a bucket and fill the bucket with water from the shower hot water line until the water is HOT- then pull the bucket out and let the hot water go down the train and let it go for a while.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Bust out the torch, oakum and lead pot and get after it!

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Probably a mess of coagulated soap and
hair conditioner like ^ ^ ^ others have said

Plumber showed me that one time after
my niece had lived in the house a while.
Auger full of a big glob of what looked
like dirty crisco. Regular bleach down the
drain is what he recommended. Definitely
NOT pressure he said AFTER I split a
section of pipe with one of those hose
end dog knots . A lot of the newer houses
here get clogs from the 45 minute showers
that newcomers take.
The city had to clean out the main in front
of the house one time when the border
jumpers across the way had small anchor
babies, and flushed diapers and wipes
regularly

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do it the easy way, hire a plumber. Eases the aggravation factor, worth the money. JMHO

[Linked Image]
Q
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Q
Originally Posted by jnyork
Do it the easy way, hire a plumber. Eases the aggravation factor, worth the money. JMHO

Best advice so far lol

GOD Bless America
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Quitter! wink

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by robertham1
Just went though the same thing with my bathtub.... it started draining slower and slower and slower. Pour this down. Wait a few hours, then grab a bucket and fill the bucket with water from the shower hot water line until the water is HOT- then pull the bucket out and let the hot water go down the train and let it go for a while.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Get this exact product.
Pour a couple or 3 cups down at night
Let it sit till morning
Fill a 5 gallon pail with HOT water from somewhere else in The house as to not let any cold water down that drain.
Dump the 5 gallons down all at once and you’ll be good to go

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Liquid Fire.

Caustic based.

Google it.

Make sure the windows are open.

Smoke will be boiling out.

It’ll fix it or eat the pipes up. 😂

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by tnscouter
I have a sixty year old house and the bathtub drain has always been slow but now it is almost completely stopped up. I have used all the different drain cleaners, hot water, and such to no avail. I have also used a hand auger to no avail. The hand auger pulled out a bit of funk and then will not go further. When you turn the handle the snake eventually just coils backwards and will not advance. It also doesn't pull up any funk either. I have attached a picture of the plumbing. All advice would be appreciated. If I need to cut this out I will and would appreciate suggestions for that too. I know calling a plumber is an option and I might resort to that but I'd like to try and fix it myself if possible. Thanks for the help, -tnscouter

[Linked Image]

Pfffft.

That's an easy one.

Go through the access or go through the roof.

Might have to put a torch to that access.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

[Linked Image from media.giphy.com]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I worked for a number of years doing apartment maintenance. I never found a clogged bathtub that would not succumb to a power snake.

That being said, a sulphuric acid-based cleaner like Liquid Fire is a lot easier and can be very effective on hair/soap clogs.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

The only real and lasting fix is to replace the ancient cast iron pipes with PVC.

Finally did that in our house this past summer after years of dealing with slow and stopped up drains, buying chemical drain clearer products, plungers, snakes, and calling Roto Router. Replaced all bathroom and kitchen cast iron sewer lines with PVC out to where they connected to outside clean-out plug. Old cast iron pipe had rusted from the inside out so bad in spots that just tapping on it could break through it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Last time mine did that ( approx same age) I used compressed air with success. Mine had a piece of plastic going down to old iron pipe. I cut a piece of 1/4 plywood to fit inside slip nut & drilled small hole in middle. Put the air through that and it came loose.

Romans 5:1
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey
Last time mine did that ( approx same age) I used compressed air with success. Mine had a piece of plastic going down to old iron pipe. I cut a piece of 1/4 plywood to fit inside slip nut & drilled small hole in middle. Put the air through that and it came loose.

That might work before the vent but it appears his is below it.

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
cut it, fernco it, forget it

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had a slow bathtub just like you, couldn’t get it clear for. For Love nor money.

In frustration trying to get a better look or angle for the snake, I unscrewed the plate on the tub, can’t recall if they’re above or below the spigot, it’s 4 a.m. here not gonna go back in the house to look.

After removing screws the plate didn’t just drop off, took some twisting & turning.

End result looked like I was delivering a baby Chewbacca as a wad of hair, soap etc. came out attached to the plate.

It was one of those, wish I’d tried this earlier gigs Bathtub drained just fine after wwe brought baby chewy into this world

Don’t know if you’ll have the same fortune, but I haven’t seen it mentioned & ime it’s def worth a try cause it’s so easy.

Never thought it was gonna be our solution, but it was in that instance

Wishing similar good fortune for you

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Are you running the snake down the overflow or the drain? If you are getting snake to go in a couple of feet and then it stops, you are hitting the back of the sanitary tee. If that’s the case you need a clean out in the vent pipe.

Not many plumbers left that could install lead and oakum cast iron pipe. I did bunches of projects with it before they went to no hub cast iron. Those were the days of real plumbers.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
wifey has long hair, that always the issue with mine.

Last edited by hanco; 01/07/21.
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

When daughters were in their teens and still living at home that skin lotion stuff they used at tanning beds was really bad about leaving a hard to clean off oily grease-like buildup on tubs and drains.

W
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
W
Yep, long hair gets tangled up in all that stopper linkage crap. A piece of bailing wire with a short hook on it, keep running it in and give it a twist and pull out. You'll get all of it and it will drain again.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

539 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 54 invisible), 2,489 guests, and 1,310 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,096
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.