Hop To
S
Seafire Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Latest bulletin from Powder Valley...

Due to current political climate Powder Valley has seen fit to change their name to conform to current governmental demands..

As of January 1, 2021, the name has been changed to "Outta Powder" Valley Inc...

phone and web site contacts remain the same....

they are also outta bullets and most other reloading supplies, and ammunition until further notice....

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I stopped in my LGS last night to pick up a few items and was shocked............the shelves were bare !!!!!!!!!!!!
This place managed to keep some inventory during the Obama error but the only supplies they had were 6 lbs of W760 that came in yesterday
ZERO primers of any kind and one box of Barnes 338 cal bullets, sure glad I did my hoarding years ago !!!!!!!!!
Can't believe it's this bad and the Biden/Harris error hasn't even begun shocked

along the same lines, it just might be Graf. the sons are not there

Last edited by boatanchor; 01/06/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
I bought a couple pounds of IMR 4227 yesterday at an LGS. Great cast bullet powder in nearly every case from the tiny 22s to the big 45s. Had a long talk with the owner about his conversation with his Vista Outdoors rep. If anyone is interested, I'll elaborate.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Please

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by HuntnShoot
I bought a couple pounds of IMR 4227 yesterday at an LGS. Great cast bullet powder in nearly every case from the tiny 22s to the big 45s. Had a long talk with the owner about his conversation with his Vista Outdoors rep. If anyone is interested, I'll elaborate.

Yes, please do.

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
IC B2

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Vista's rep told the LGS owner that when they bought Remington and were taking a tour through the plants, they realized how big a schitshow Remington had been running for a long time. The ammo plant has had to be completely re-tooled from top to bottom. It was all worn out. The rep said that they couldn't believe the Remington ammo would even meet SAAMI specs consistently. So they've been busting their asses to get Remington ammo back in production to Vista's standards, with a substantial price increase coming.

The worst news is that Remington's primer factory was nearly a complete loss. They are literally having to start from scratch there, since nothing was even salvageable. In the mean time, Federal and CCI primers will be used in Remington factory ammo, for at least six and more like nine months. So primers from Federal and CCI are going to be pretty much unobtainable as well as Remington primers for at least the next year. It's second-hand information to me, and third-hand to you, but that's the story I got.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
We heard about the same after Rem bought Marlin.

Last edited by longbarrel; 01/07/21.

NRA Benefactor Life Member
NAHC Life Member
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by longbarrel
We heard about the same after Rem bought Marlin.

Yeah, Marlin ammo was unavailable for a long time, and I hated not being able to get their components, either.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ok, here’s a real kick in the pants for you to ponder. What if they adopt a position like the EU did back in 2015. No primers or powder can be sold if it contains 1 or 2 chemicals that produce toxic gasses. Only Green powder and primers. 50-60% of the powders now available banned.

Swifty
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Ok, here’s a real kick in the pants for you to ponder. What if they adopt a position like the EU did back in 2015. No primers or powder can be sold if it contains 1 or 2 chemicals that produce toxic gasses. Only Green powder and primers. 50-60% of the powders now available banned.

I'm actually expecting something like that. Their "gun grabbing" has not worked, even with all of the fake events and endless propaganda, so the next step is to make guns pointless by getting rid of the ammo, or making it so scarce that it is a luxury item.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I fully expect that Biden/Harris will use the EPA as a weapon. Also afraid they are going to ban the use of toxic ammunition on all federal lands. Was conversing with some Brits about the time that went into effect. The European powder companies were safe but the price went up 50% and I seem to recall that it was already 50-60 bucks a lb. Varget that was left in country for sale went over 200 overnight.

Swifty
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H
Air rifles & archery may be the future of hunting

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H

love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control

& Proverbs 21:19
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Seafire
Latest bulletin from Powder Valley...

Due to current political climate Powder Valley has seen fit to change their name to conform to current governmental demands..

As of January 1, 2021, the name has been changed to "Outta Powder" Valley Inc...

phone and web site contacts remain the same....

they are also outta bullets and most other reloading supplies, and ammunition until further notice....

I went to their webpage the other day and clicked on "Primers".

The most hysterical laughter I ever heard came out of my computer.....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
715 members (12308300, 160user, 11point, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 90 invisible), 2,715 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,695
Posts18,399,890
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.