Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Commando in the Fall.

MidwayUSA Polyester/Silvadur Level One Base Layers in the Winter.

GR

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by bwinters
What are you all using? I'm looking for good wicking, boxer brief to cover upper thighs, and odor control. Comfort and odor control are my most important features. I've bee wearing Sitka synthetic, can't recall the model, and they work well on odor control and general comfort. They do have some kind of iron-on Sitka label that sticks to my skin but it doesn't wear a hole in your skin.

I Have no idea what the hell you are talking about? I have spent good portion of my adult life attempting (occasionally successfully) to remove underwear from the softer gender.... Didn't realize there were dudes that wear that chit.... and then wish to discuss it with other dudes on the World Wide Web.....! My how things have changed!

For those without thumbs, it's s Garden fookin Island, not Hawaii
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jmgraham1986
You guys can laugh at me all you want, but the first lite Marino underroos are a game changer for me. They have the comfort of the under-armor type compression shorts, but they keep the stink down on the longer backpack style hunts.

I will note that the ball bag area in the older models were made of a mesh and have a tendency to wear out early. If you keep wearing them long enough, because they're so dam comfy, your wife will get tired of seeing your sack hanging out. I can confirm that it'll drive her to buy you a few new pairs for your birthday.

Absolutely agree!

First Lite Wick Long Boxer Brief for early season/warm weather. These are comfortable from 30-90 degrees.

First Lite Kiln Long Boxer Brief for cooler temps. These function well for me from -10 degrees (about as cold as I care to endure) up to 60 degrees.

No stink, no chafing and feel like silk.

What could be a sadder way to end a life than to die having never hunted with great dogs, good friends and your family?
E
efw Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
E
First Lite has great merino boxer briefs; I have two pair and they’re wonderful. I wore one pair for a week on the AT during the summer a few years ago and they were fantastic!

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Feel free to ignore the post...........

Apparently you've not done much backcountry hunting.

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by TheBigSky
Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by TheBigSky

I used to be a huge Ex Officio guy. But, they really did loose their stretch sooner than I would like. I just chalked it up as part of the cost for effective stuff. Then, many years ago, I stumble across Uniqlo Airism boxer briefs (link below). These are simply outstanding. They last longer than any I have tried. They have all of the features I want, effective scent control, easy wash, quick dry, moisture wicking, extremely lightweight, and, most importantly, more long lasting than any other expensive brand I have tried. When I was on active duty in the desert, these were life savers. At a minimum, I recommend you buy one pair to see that I speaketh the truth. I don't buy anything but these any more. The boxer briefs come in the shorter length and the longer lenght. I buy both.

https://www.uniqlo.com/us/en/men-ai...underwear#start=1&cgid=men-underwear

Ok, I ordered a pair of the airism and a pair of the mesh. Which style of skinny jeans do you like best?

Wait'll you try them. You'll thank me. Skinny jeans? Not yet; however, I do admit to owning both a 6.5 Creedmoor and a 270.

I wore one pair for 5 days, and while they were comfortable, I think that is about the limit of what I can tolerate as far as stink goes.

Pretty good option though. I'll probably grab a couple more pairs. The mesh ones can do double duty as a coffee filter!

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
I wore a single pair of the Meriwool boxer briefs for 4 days straight. Lots of hiking, no chafing, no objectionable odor.

Usually Ill change my Duluth armachillo boxers every day to prevent chafing/odor, similar distance and exertion.

I'm sold on the Meriwools!

The woods and the water recharge my batteries.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Biggest thing is make sure they have a fly. After digging through an outer shell, pants, leggings and realizing your drawers don’t have a fly can make ya a little jumpy....🤣

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Another Patagonia fan. I wear mine for over week in hot, dry desert conditions w/o any problems of odor, chaffing, etc. Never wet for long and always dry out quickly. Heck, I've hand washed the Tee Shirts, and put them on damp. Or I can leave them hang overnight. By morning, they are good to go. E

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Duluth Armachillo - I prefer to them to Buck Naked/ExOfficio, New Balance, and Under Armour. Never tried any of them in wool but I could see them being good too

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
ExOfficio

No doubt. I bought them for my 2010 Alaska hunt. I've never worn any other UW since.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
ExOfficio

No doubt. I bought them for my 2010 Alaska hunt. I've never worn any other UW since.

Dang, those things must wear like iron, you'd think they'd be worn out by now..... grin

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by MarineHawk
ExOfficio

Dang, those things must wear like iron, you'd think they'd be worn out by now..... grin

If you buy enough, they last about 4 years. I have replaced some as needed.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First Lite and SmartWool merino boxers.

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." TJ

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing". EB

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

642 members (01Foreman400, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 73 invisible), 3,002 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,259
Posts18,467,093
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.