Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Bugger
I worked in Sydney and North West Queensland for nearly a year. I thought I was an accomplished beer drinker, having practiced the art for a half a century or more. But no, I am just a mere rooky. My hats off to the Aussies! They work hard all day and drink beer hard all night, amazing.
I'm thinking they can hold their own with most anyone man to man. They did themselves proud in WWII - tough people.
F-ck the Chinese!

I trained with the Brits and the Aussies. No way we could keep up with their alcohol consumption. Next day they exhibited no signs of hangovers. Great guys and graet soldiers.

BP-B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Coming from an ex USMC Sergeant, the beer drinking bit was a big call mate, but thank you. I'll bet the blokes in North WEest Queensland took it up another notch or two.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by triplecanopy
Coming from an ex USMC Sergeant, the beer drinking bit was a big call mate, but thank you. I'll bet the blokes in North WEest Queensland took it up another notch or two.

But only an idiot attempts to keep up with the yanks when the top shelf stuff comes out.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Interesting thread, just read it from beginning to the last post. I'm not trying to get off the topic of China threatening Australia but check out the first paragraph of szihn's 3-17 post on page 3. He called exactly what happened re our election and it's result 5&1/2 months before it happened. Hard to believe the Republican Party couldn't at least sense the potential for this back then or earlier and start making a serious effort to fight it. By the time Roberts screwed us on the mail in ballots on Oct. 20th it was too late and here comes China Joe.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 01/09/21.
T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I'm thinking that with all this meaningful discussion going on we really do need a CAMPFIRE and some of the good stuff to round it off. I used to think that if you got a few world leader around a good fire and some nectar, most of the worlds problems could be solved literally over night. By the way, lets not forget that we had a Prime Minister here not all that long ago called Tony Abbott. He had said he's be happy to "shirtfront" Vladimire Putin. No pussy that bloke.

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by triplecanopy
I'm thinking that with all this meaningful discussion going on we really do need a CAMPFIRE and some of the good stuff to round it off. I used to think that if you got a few world leader around a good fire and some nectar, most of the worlds problems could be solved literally over night. By the way, lets not forget that we had a Prime Minister here not all that long ago called Tony Abbott. He had said he's be happy to "shirtfront" Vladimire Putin. No pussy that bloke.

He is fortunate he never tried it as Putin would simply kill him...I am no particular fan of Putin's but I do recognise a dangerous bastard when I see one.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by ribka
I worked in Sydney and North West Queensland for nearly a year. I thought I was an accomplished beer drinker, having practiced the art for a half a century or more. But no, I am just a mere rooky. My hats off to the Aussies! They work hard all day and drink beer hard all night, amazing.
I'm thinking they can hold their own with most anyone man to man. They did themselves proud in WWII - tough people.
F-ck the Chinese!

I trained with the Brits and the Aussies. No way we could keep up with their alcohol consumption. Next day they exhibited no signs of hangovers. Great guys and graet soldiers.

I worked afew years mostly offshore but when we hit shore, lookout. They measure distances while driving with tinnies. Not sure if that is correct spelling. So 5 tinies would be 100 km. Not sure of the scale being the same all across the board.

It is better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by 378Canuck
Originally Posted by ribka
F-ck the Chinese!

I worked afew years mostly offshore but when we hit shore, lookout. They measure distances while driving with tinnies. Not sure if that is correct spelling. So 5 tinies would be 100 km. Not sure of the scale being the same all across the board.

Our aussie cricket team did the same thing when flying to England many years ago for a game over there. Same principle but different scale I suppose (beers versus distance).

Here's a relevant recent song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hOK5JF5XGA

Originally Posted by mauserand9mm
Originally Posted by Raspy
Whatever you said...everyone knows you are a lying jerk.

That's a bold assertion. Point out where you think I lied.

Well?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Australia thinks Trump is still president, and for good reason.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
The song is from late last year

Well?
IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by kingston
Australia thinks Trump is still president, and for good reason.

The whole fucking world knows Trump is still President, it is you Americans that haven't caught on.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have a very limited knowledge of Australia but it’s always seemed like a cool place to visit and full of good people. Australia seems to have the US problem on steroids, a whole lot of “cultural centers” elites and suburbanites on its east coast making decisions for and controlling the rest of the land mass.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
We need to nuke those slant eyes off the face of the earth!!! Then move on to the muslims..

Years ago I used to like to play the board game risk. I always won. My main strategy was to get two other opponents to go after each other while I did my own thing and built strength. I just thought of that when I read your comment referencing the Chinese and the Muslims.

Bb

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by 44mc
every body should just quit buying all that crap that comes out of that country

I would but I love their Bundaberg Ginger Beer, and H1000, H4350, and IMR 8208xbr.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/28/21.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
buy bud and varget instead grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by szihn
Just to clear it up. The Aussi troops in the 60s and early 70s were great. I am not speaking to them. I am speaking to the current "men" of Oz from around 2015 until today. I am speaking to the people of Oz the surrendered their guns when a communist ordered them to so. Now they can be controlled. The compromised themselves right into safety and bliss.....................right? I see the same thing happening in my own country, and like all the defect to the other side, I have the utmost contempt for those American too.

Facts and historical truth can be dismissed, the "reasons" argued, and the blame passes, but you can't change the past or the truth.
And the people of Oz already surrendered to the communist in office and didn't resist at all.

Believe me this man knows nothing of Australia or its inhabitants.I have worked and served with Aussi`s and not one is a chicken chit coward.Sometimes it is best to keep your pie hole shut and to be thought ignorant then open it and prove that you are.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JSTUART

The whole fucking world knows Trump is still President, it is you Americans that haven't caught on.

JSTUART,

This is the post of the year!

“My horn is full and my pouch is stocked with ball and patch. There is a new, sharp flint in my lock and my rifle and I are ready. It is sighted true and my eyes can still aim.”
Kaywoodie
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by Huntz
Originally Posted by szihn
Just to clear it up. The Aussi troops in the 60s and early 70s were great. I am not speaking to them. I am speaking to the current "men" of Oz from around 2015 until today. I am speaking to the people of Oz the surrendered their guns when a communist ordered them to so. Now they can be controlled. The compromised themselves right into safety and bliss.....................right? I see the same thing happening in my own country, and like all the defect to the other side, I have the utmost contempt for those American too.

Facts and historical truth can be dismissed, the "reasons" argued, and the blame passes, but you can't change the past or the truth.
And the people of Oz already surrendered to the communist in office and didn't resist at all.

Believe me this man knows nothing of Australia or its inhabitants.I have worked and served with Aussi`s and not one is a chicken chit coward.Sometimes it is best to keep your pie hole shut and to be thought ignorant then open it and prove that you are.

Thanks for the good words. For me szihn's posts have zero credibility - he comes across as very fearful and ignorant and a conspiracist.

Well?
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
It would appear that China has already captured Australia. At least the government. They seem indistinguishable from the CCP

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by BustemAgain
It would appear that China has already captured Australia. At least the government. They seem indistinguishable from the CCP

So...how is your new President going?

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
245 members (1Longbow, 12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 27 invisible), 1,925 guests, and 882 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,800
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.