Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
R
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
R
Okay I’m bored and didn’t think this one all the way through before asking it. Disregard this post.

Why do we not have a shooting test too get a hunting license like in some European countries? Most anyone that hunts long enough will have an animal get away at some point. However a lot of people can’t hit the broadside of a barn and have no business shooting at anything alive until their marksmanship improves.
I think it would encourage good marksmanship. You cant shoot you don’t get a tag. That’s motivation for improving your shooting skills.
Too edit the reason why I say this is not because of more government intrusion in our Iives but because there are too many idiots that can’t even hit the vitals of a deer even at just 100 yards unless it’s luck. Then you see deer running around because of that with jaws shot off etc.

Last edited by ridgerunner_ky; 01/10/21.
GB1

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Why , just simply why ?

More government f~!cking with my life, more money out of my pocket ,thank you , NO !

Writing here is Prohibited by the authorities.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by jimy
Why , just simply why ?

More government f~!cking with my life, more money out of my pocket ,thank you , NO !

exactly

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
How many steps from your ...."have no business shooting at anything alive " to " have no business owning a gun"?
You want to be held to a standard?
What's the standard and who sets it?
You want to be judged against my skills?
Hope you like ground chuck.

TRUMP- GABBARD 2024
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I think everyone agrees with your sentiment that we have a responsibility to be a proficient shot, just not that the government should have any say in it.

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They already have a hunter safety requirement, which, to me, is stupid—at least the way it’s applied. I safely carried around, slept with, and shot thousand of rounds through all kinds of firearms in the Marines, which doesn’t satisfy the requirement. But the fact that I took and passed a hunter safety course, that I barely can remember, back in 1978 in southeastern Kansas, allows me to hunt.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by ridgerunner_ky
Why do we not have a shooting test too get a hunting license like in some European countries?

I'll go out on a limb here and say, because we're not a European Country.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
smokepole for the win

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Why do we not have a shooting test too get a hunting license like in some European countries? Most anyone that hunts long enough will have an animal get away at some point. However a lot of people can’t hit the broadside of a barn and have no business shooting at anything alive until their marksmanship improves.
I think it would encourage good marksmanship. You cant shoot you don’t get a tag. That’s motivation for improving your shooting skills.
Too edit the reason why I say this is not because of more government intrusion in our Iives but because there are too many idiots that can’t even hit the vitals of a deer even at just 100 yards unless it’s luck. Then you see deer running around because of that with jaws shut off etc.

You can't legislate stupid.

Why not a grammar test before one is allowed to post on the internet? Maybe an IQ test prior to breeding?

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by smokepole
Why do we not have a shooting test too get a hunting license like in some European countries?

I'll go out on a limb here and say, because we're not a European Country.

Thank God.

IC B3

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Originally Posted by MichieD
Too edit the reason why I say this is not because of more government intrusion in our Iives but because there are too many idiots that can’t even hit the vitals of a deer even at just 100 yards unless it’s luck. Then you see deer running around because of that with jaws shut off etc.

Maybe an IQ test prior to breeding?

That one might have legs

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes. We absolutely need a government run proficiency data base.

1Minute
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Wtf

Ummm, no.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I've seen more than a few like right now that gear up
with the intent of shooting at deer from 400-500+
yards away that never shoot a single round of ammo
other than a 25 yard " sight in "
Then they get on the forums and ask where to hold
on a deer at long range with their particular setup
Some of the same ones get back on the forums
during deer season and post on the deer hunting
section " Anybody near XXXXXX county have a
blood trailing dog ? "

There's no way I would know of to cull the poor
hunters from the qualified ones.
And we've already fought 2 wars years ago to
get strict european rule gone from this country
Why would we want it back?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
This thread is funny as hell..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by MichieD

You can't legislate stupid.

Why not a grammar test before one is allowed to post on the internet? Maybe an IQ test prior to breeding?

I'd happily agree to attempting to legislate stupid, including grammar tests before public posting and IQ tests for breeding, but the problem always lies in the authority inherent in such structures and how they are inevitably co-opted by corrupt people and used for corrupt ends. That's why it never works. Because we surely could "legislate stupid" in a more indirect but also quite successful fashion: removal of the social safety net in all its forms.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
The Europeans also have strict gun ownership regulations, licensing requirements, registration, regulation after regulation. Do you really want to go there??? I don't.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by 1minute
Yes. We absolutely need a government run proficiency data base.

Never thought of it that way, but I can see it now. "The suspect was also an expert marksman with advanced training in the use of high-powered rifles......"

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by elkmen1
The Europeans also have strict gun ownership regulations, licensing requirements, registration, regulation after regulation. Do you really want to go there??? I don't.

And pay a lot for the privilege of hunting, commonly under the direction of a hunt master.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Wyoming required one years back for bison license holders, I had to take it before my 1st bison hunt.
Watched a couple of folks struggle to get 3 shots inside a 4 inch circle at 50 yds. They had so many minutes to do it.
One person had not qualified before I left to go hunt.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 688 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,679
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.