Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I have a .17 Remington LVSF and the recoil pad sorta melted. Bad rubber I guess. Anyway never liked the stock and want a classic sporter style either laminated or medium quality synthetic. The problem I keep running into is I can't find an ADL bottom short action that also has a magnum contour inlet. I think I'm right that the fluted barrel is magnum sized. I really would like it to be a drop in deal with little or no work on my part. I also would prefer to not spend money on bottom metal to get a BDL stock which does seem to exist. Any ideas on what may be out there that would work? If I have to order a custom McMillian would that be a better way to go than ordering bottom metal and buying a medium quality stock? Still hoping a decent quality drop is in out there and somebody can point me to it.

Remington did send a replacement but it's even more awful than the original stock. I want a run and gun light sporter for shots under 150 yards. I might mount a bipod

Last edited by dimecovers5; 01/06/21.
GB1

T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Boyd’s laminates are decent and not a bunch of money. They should be able to sell you one that will be more or less a drop in. A McMillan will be a far nicer unit but also way more money and wait time.

You could also just have a pad ground to fit your original stock probably around $100 for the pad and installation.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I went with a McMillan Classic on mine. They were cheaper then, but guess I would do the same now. Get the color you want and a LOP that fits you.

"Mark the birds and handle your Dog"
N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
They’ll drop in a Ti SAUM takeoff stock. Put a want to buy add in the classifieds they go for ~$250

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Buy whichever stock you like and sand out the barrel channel if its sporter contour, there is really VERY little difference...Ive got a .17 LVSF that I put into a B&C Alaskan stock...I had the BDL bottom metal on hand, so no biggie there but again, its an easy "fix" to put it in a sporter contour stock.

Heres mine...just because...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Find a McMillan Compact and hog the channel out yourself. Won't take long at all.

You have one of the greatest calling rifles ever assembled. Don't fugk it up.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Clark...I didn't know your .17 was an LVSF.....sweet!

I would concur...one of the greatest calling rifles ever made.

Last edited by ingwe; 01/07/21.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just sell it to me, and you won't have to worry with it.

I did what Ingwe did, put mine in a B&C Alaskan T1. Not because of the recoil pad, because mine didn't melt, but because I dislike the factory LVSF stock for anything but shooting off a bench.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Find a McMillan Compact and hog the channel out yourself. Won't take long at all.

You have one of the greatest calling rifles ever assembled. Don't fugk it up.

That is an awesome pic!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Has anyone used #2952 ? Seems like it would fit the fluted barrel of the LVSF without any work.
https://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1058

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Has anyone used #2952 ? Seems like it would fit the fluted barrel of the LVSF without any work.
https://www.bellandcarlson.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1058

No, but I used the BDL version and the barrel channel was perfect....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

619 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 10gaugeman, 1234, 62 invisible), 2,275 guests, and 1,152 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,740
Posts18,457,663
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.