Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
What do i need to make lightweight bcg work correctly.?
Only bcgs i could find were lightweights from righttobear.com
Have never used them and needed some to finish two builds.
Do i need heavier weight buffers
I have adjustable gasblocks in these builds. both Carbine length.
One is 223wilde 16 inch
Other is 10.5 7.62x39 just for S and G's.
Thanks for any info.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
ARIC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
David Tubb sells carrier weights for tuning the action.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I take the weights out of regular carbine buffers and tune the gas blocks to your loads. You want lightweight carriers not heavy. Taccom sells one but removing the weights works fine

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
So with the light weight carriers i have coming i need lighter buffer weight or heavier?
Must be covid, i am having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept of the lite bcg.
Less mass = less inertia = slower recoil of the bcg right? Or is it the other way around?
Been stuck inside too long.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G

IC B2

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
You have adjustable gas blocks.

Have you tried adjusting them?

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don't think he's built the guns yet; if he has AGB's a light(er), assuming not Ti weight, BCG's will work fine with carbine or H1 buffers & a standard or enhanced spring if he understands how to set up the rifle.

Not sure he really understands all that he knows by the questions he's asking.

Might be wrong...............

MM

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by badwolf
I take the weights out of regular carbine buffers and tune the gas blocks to your loads. You want lightweight carriers not heavy. Taccom sells one but removing the weights works fine

+1

Adjustable gas block, light weight bcg, empty carbine buffer will run just fine in my experience as well. I think I'm running a Sprinco Yellow (reduced power) spring as well, if I remember right. All the gas tuning is done with the gas block, as badwolf says.

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U

That's what I would have done. I've found as I get older that you don't have to get everything today. Wait a few days and you'll find what you really want without overpaying for it.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
I don't think he's built the guns yet; if he has AGB's a light(er), assuming not Ti weight, BCG's will work fine with carbine or H1 buffers & a standard or enhanced spring if he understands how to set up the rifle.

Not sure he really understands all that he knows by the questions he's asking.

Might be wrong...............

MM

Probably not .
First outing with lite weight BC.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Do you already have buffers or springs?

Just because you have a light BCG doesn't mean you can use them. If the gun is to be used for anything buy a play gun, you really don't want to get it to the ragged edge of functionality as some are suggesting with ultra light buffers.

Let us know................we can walk you through the basic tuning procedure for the gun with AGB's.

What brand AGB's did you buy?

MM

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
RTB's lightweight is all the specs i have. Should have waited until they got here. Thought to get edumacated on any specific quirks.
Guess i will be back when or if they get here.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, those are definitely on the very light side at 6.8 oz.

It will work in the 223W, never dealt with a 7.62x39 in a short barrel, but I doubt it's really ideal, but will probably be usable with the AGB.

Some questions:

What's the use for both guns?
Have you already bought buffers & spring?
What make of AGB?

MM

Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
MM. The use for these is just an old guy scratching an itch. I found myself without any 223/556 weapon but several thousand brass ,loaded and unloaded.
Every 223/556 i have assembled someone came along that had to have it. When offered double what i have invested in a gun, the equity overcomes me. Plus it funds two more . I am not a competitor anymore ,havent since the 70''s so it's just a hobby to keep me from washing dishes.
Just to show my ignorance i just now figured out what AGB stood for!😂
Yes the buffers and springs are coming, i hope. With deliveries the way they are now i hope all the parts get here before Jan 20. After that it will be a pigs guess.
The AGB's are Seekins.
The short 7.62x39 is also to utilize existing ammo. I have one in 16" and a sks so i figured to try a short one.
i have a 8.5 inch 300 bo and it is my goto whenever i go walkabout with the dog.
Again just a old guy's itch.

Last edited by deerstalker; 01/11/21.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by deerstalker
MM. The use for these is just an old guy scratching an itch. I found myself without any 223/556 weapon but several thousand brass ,loaded and unloaded.
Every 223/556 i have assembled someone came along that had to have it. When offered double what i have invested in a gun, the equity overcomes me. Plus it funds two more . I am not a competitor anymore ,havent since the 70''s so it's just a hobby to keep me from washing dishes.
Just to show my ignorance i just now figured out what AGB stood for!😂
Yes the buffers and springs are coming, i hope. With deliveries the way they are now i hope all the parts get here before Jan 20. After that it will be a pigs guess.
The AGB's are Seekins.
The short 7.62x39 is also to utilize existing ammo. I have one in 16" and a sks so i figured to try a short one.
i have a 8.5 inch 300 bo and it is my goto whenever i go walkabout with the dog.
Again just a old guy's itch.

Im following this thread too because mm really likes his AGB's and im sure he will give you some good advice. Ive never toyed with a lightweight BCG either, so it should be an interesting thread. I also know MontanaMarine (not the mm I just mentioned) has a 7.62x39, but he probably kept that rifle pretty simple with conventional bcg and buffer and spring.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Good Lord! I must be getting senile. I thought i was conversing with MontanaMarine. Think ill go back to bed!😬

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good Lord! I must be getting senile. I thought i was conversing with MontanaMarine. Think ill go back to bed!😬

I'm sure they get that all the time..

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Yeah, not the 1st time...................he's my brother, & knows more than I do but I'm much better looking, LOL

MM

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by MontanaMan

Yeah, not the 1st time...................he's my brother, & knows more than I do but I'm much better looking, LOL

MM

I remember you because you look like a german shepherd..

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
What do i need to make lightweight bcg work correctly.?
Only bcgs i could find were lightweights from righttobear.com
Have never used them and needed some to finish two builds.
Do i need heavier weight buffers
I have adjustable gasblocks in these builds. both Carbine length.
One is 223wilde 16 inch
Other is 10.5 7.62x39 just for S and G's.
Thanks for any info.

Several years ago I was looking for something to reduce recoil without using a muzzle device.
I bought a JP LMOS, it is a light weight BCG along with a light weight buffer, JP said that I might have to install an AGB to make it work properly..........never did, it has worked flawlessly for years. less recoil, less upset as the bolt closes and cycles faster. (all are subtle changes but noticeable).

You might have to go to a lighter buffer instead of heavier

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
734 members (10gaugemag, 257 roberts, 222Sako, 16penny, 160user, 12344mag, 78 invisible), 2,713 guests, and 1,362 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,624
Posts18,398,651
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.