Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Here's a spin- off of slumord's lunchbox thread. ledvm mentioned he had a Jonny Quest lunch box.

That was about my favorite cartoon growing up, I didn't realize it was actually a little before my time watching it though. It must have rerunned for over 10 years. It began in 1964 through '65.

I'm not sure what my favorite one was. Maybe the one where they get stranded in the Andes and Reese has to dogfight the old German ww1 ace.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It was violent and racist and anticommunist. It would NEVER get made today. It was awesome. wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL!
That was one of Hanna Barbers's best toons.
I don't remember the favorite. I wish my memory was that good.

I wonder when YouTube will ban this?
The friend Hadji will upset some soft effeminate girlie boy on the censorship staff no doubt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoTEUiSehDUxsNsw-26hWdLcvMnVYxe2j[/video]

This YouTube generated Channel claims to have full episodes if anyone gets insomnia and is looking for an excuse to do a a JQ marathon .

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Badass loved that show as a kid in the early 70's.

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Let's see, Tutu the Terrible, the pterodactyl that dragged it's master into the tar pit.... the secret undermountain nerve gas factory in the Himalayas that Team Quest destroyed with an avalanche...the one with the mummy... the Sargasso sea with the frogmen monster and their lasers trying to take out our rockets from Cape Canaveral...Dr. Ming in Thailand and Jade, Race Bannon's girlfriend; I especially like how Race ricocheted carbine rounds of a dozer blade and took out two commies behind the corner of the building.... The queball space monster spider thing... the energy monster they had to dump paint on to see .. the race to the artic to recover a sabotaged rocket with a fly-by of I swear F-16s (in 1964!)...

Ah, the good old days when killing commies was the duty of every kid. And you aspired to be a scientist or a soldier.

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Damned if I remember any of the plots or stories, but I watched it enthusiastically from the time it was introduced. Saturday mornings were awesome when I was a kid.

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I loved it

I remember the invisible energy monster

I never knew about Thunderbirds until I was an adult. I think I would have liked it as a kid.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/10/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the energy monster they had to dump paint on to see ....YEA ! ...was that a .30 carbine that the old man was wacking at'em wit ?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jade was a babe. I'd do her:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Slam Bang Theater on Saturday mornings.

The Three Stooges was a favorite of mine.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
we would break out the legos and build what we could of that THUNDERBIRD show! Good times for sure.

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
B
byd Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Was there ever a Jonny Quest movie ?

Last edited by byd; 01/11/21.
1911a1 Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by byd
Was there ever a Jonny Quest movie ?

According to wikipedia there were 2. They were made in 1990s so I'm sure they are a lot more PC.
There have been atemps to make a live action movie too but we all know they'll just ruin it if they ever do.

Figures don't lie, But Liars figure
Assumption is the mother of mistakes
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Ranger_Green
Let's see, Tutu the Terrible, the pterodactyl that dragged it's master into the tar pit.... the secret undermountain nerve gas factory in the Himalayas that Team Quest destroyed with an avalanche...the one with the mummy... the Sargasso sea with the frogmen monster and their lasers trying to take out our rockets from Cape Canaveral...Dr. Ming in Thailand and Jade, Race Bannon's girlfriend; I especially like how Race ricocheted carbine rounds of a dozer blade and took out two commies behind the corner of the building.... The queball space monster spider thing... the energy monster they had to dump paint on to see .. the race to the artic to recover a sabotaged rocket with a fly-by of I swear F-16s (in 1964!)...

Ah, the good old days when killing commies was the duty of every kid. And you aspired to be a scientist or a soldier.

Damn, you have a good memory! Things were so different then...like even being lucky enough to catch a Johnny Quest episode. Only 2 channels for me in 60s & early 70s. If you were unlucky enough to miss the quest time slot...you were SOL til the next Saturday.

It was definitely my favorite cartoon. I may have to try and learn to stream or screen mirror or something before the new communist regime erases it from all forms of history.

Last edited by ledvm; 01/11/21.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The time that Race died his whole body purple with some berries, then found out the it wouldn't wash off. It would have to WEAR off.

I think his hair was still white.

"Live like you'll die tomorrow, but manage your grass like you'll live forever."
-S. M. Stirling
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
I'm quite fond of the one set in the sargaso sea. Fun fact-Jonny was voiced by Tim Matheson. He'd be best known as "Otter" from animal house.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Before my time to watch it Saturday morns.

But watched it on Cartoon Network.

Those era cartoons were the best.

Dave

�The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.� Lou Holtz

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Saturday cartoons were epic in the 60s and 70s. Johnny Quest was one of the best, and like others have posted I watched them all and don’t remember a favorite.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I remember waiting with baited breath for the Bugs Bunny Show. Before that it was the Beany and Cecil show, with Cecil the seasick sea serpent.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

562 members (1minute, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 007FJ, 1lesfox, 54 invisible), 2,673 guests, and 1,244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,365
Posts18,469,021
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.