Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
We are in for a blizzard of anti gun legislation, no question, maybe the worst in our lifetime...is there any softening of attitudes toward the NRA's malfeasance. Maybe like the clothespin on the nose when you go to vote for a known rino (but it's better than the democrat?). It's my guess the NRA has a pretty good legal team, lobbyist team, knows where a few bodies are buried?
What say you?

Last edited by flintlocke; 01/11/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm still a paying member.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I’m an NRA Patron. And have been a lifer for 30 plus years.
Received a request for money/upgrade in membership level last week.
I sent back the request in the self addressed postage paid envelope with this written on the request, “Not until Wayne is gone.”

I know we are in for a battle in the upcoming years. That’s all the more reason to have strong leadership and leadership trusted by its members. If the NRA can’t find and replace leadership during a crisis, they’re a weak organization.
I hope to be able to become a financial contributor again.

NRA Patron
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Just renewed for 5 years

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You're kidding, right?

Starting in 1968 to present count the number of gun laws scribbled into the books and how much money the nra has collected...do the math.
Even if their intentions were honest in protecting the 2nd, they suck at stopping gun legislation.

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You're sure as hell tight about the coming schitt storm..................................

And it's gonna come quick.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The NRA is not perfect. But nothing in life is. I’m a Patron member and my wife is a Life member. Will continue to support. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The NRA never met a gun law they didn't like. Where's W4B? Just donate some more to the Wayne fund. Everything will be okay.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I get the sentiment but if they're continually ineffective and they do like to roll over a lot - why not give that money to a hungrier dog in the fight - GOA for example?

Me

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Teal
I get the sentiment but if they're continually ineffective and they do like to roll over a lot - why not give that money to a hungrier dog in the fight - GOA for example?

There's your huckleberry.
I donate every year to GOA.

https://gunowners.org/

“Some ideas are so stupid that only intellectuals believe them.”
― G. Orwell

"Why can't men kill big game with the same cartridges women and kids use?"
_Eileen Clarke

"Unjust authority confers no obligation of obedience."
- Alexander Hamilton

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dale06
I’m an NRA Patron. And have been a lifer for 30 plus years.
Received a request for money/upgrade in membership level last week.
I sent back the request in the self addressed postage paid envelope with this written on the request, “Not until Wayne is gone.”

I know we are in for a battle in the upcoming years. That’s all the more reason to have strong leadership and leadership trusted by its members. If the NRA can’t find and replace leadership during a crisis, they’re a weak organization.
I hope to be able to become a financial contributor again.

That’s how I see it.

I’m a life member but do not see myself giving to the NRA until they restructure. I do give money to other pro gun rights groups. If WLP is to selfish to do the right thing and step down knowing that he is bad for business and killing fundraising that’s all the more reason not to support them IMO. It isn’t just about the suits it’s about the whole structure of the organization and fake handpicked “choices” that were given for the board along with be completely tone deaf to membership and treating us like cash cows in exchange for cheap Chinese trinkets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Exacly, The NRA can get it together and fight for all our rights or go fugg itself. The NRA is no longer the only game in town.

The GOA gets it.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The NRA never met a gun law they didn't like.

Send all the money you used to send to the NRA to the GOA. They will actually use it to fight for our gun rights, and not luxury vacations and mansions.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
The Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition are both very worthwhile causes. The SAF, in particular, is very aggressive in litigation. Both receive high ratings from non-profit watchdog groups.

https://www.saf.org/
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

------------------------
John
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

That's what I do.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards
The NRA never met a gun law they didn't like.

Send all the money you used to send to the NRA to the GOA. They will actually use it to fight for our gun rights, and not luxury vacations and mansions.

^^^^^

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
F
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
F
I am trying to get some sense of what to donate to, personally. I know the NRA is a deeply flawed organization, I know my money is not well spent. It's a silly analogy, but I have supported a lot of rino's in my day...I hated every phucqing minute of it...but they had the seniority in the house and senate, were well placed on committees in finance, defense, judicial...yes, they were huge flaming azzholes. In other words, maybe it was better to win the battle with a crook...than lose the battle with a shining conservative knight. I guess it boils down to, is the NRA the best equipped to defend our hill? Maybe right now, this coming 4 years, is not the best time to change horses...we are crossing the Rubicon figuratively.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Anyone have a good email for someone at NRA?
I will donate my investment instructions letter for them to distribute.
Looked at their website this morning but couldn't find a good route to submit it.

GOA too..

Thanks

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by flintlocke
I am trying to get some sense of what to donate to, personally. I know the NRA is a deeply flawed organization, I know my money is not well spent. It's a silly analogy, but I have supported a lot of rino's in my day...I hated every phucqing minute of it...but they had the seniority in the house and senate, were well placed on committees in finance, defense, judicial...yes, they were huge flaming azzholes. In other words, maybe it was better to win the battle with a crook...than lose the battle with a shining conservative knight. I guess it boils down to, is the NRA the best equipped to defend our hill? Maybe right now, this coming 4 years, is not the best time to change horses...we are crossing the Rubicon figuratively.
GOA, as Local Dirt, TRH and Teal all said.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by jmh3
The Second Amendment Foundation and Firearms Policy Coalition are both very worthwhile causes. The SAF, in particular, is very aggressive in litigation. Both receive high ratings from non-profit watchdog groups.

https://www.saf.org/
https://www.firearmspolicy.org/

^^^^This^^^^

And your State Organizations, if the leadership is all volunteer and refuses to even accept gas money...

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

363 members (1lesfox, 2500HD, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 39 invisible), 1,669 guests, and 957 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,062
Posts18,463,354
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.