Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I will be helping a friend sell off more stuff, including an M1 Garand. I couldn't give any details about its condition since I haven't even seen it in five or six years, but it is most certainly serviceable and he wouldn't have bought a beat up junker.

Completed auctions on Gunbroker seem to suggest that they're bringing about $1500 lately. There was a time I would have accepted that as a reasonable selling price but nothing strikes me as being very reasonable these days. I have never been interested in these rifles because they just don't appeal to me so I have never followed the market on them.

What says the crowd?

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

GB1

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The key is who made it? Some bring more money than others, Also is it all matching numbers? Take mine it’s a H&R with a 52 receiver and a 54 barrel. I paid $800 for mine 2 yrs ago, but Springfield and others are always selling for $1500.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
About a $Garand.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I bought a mint condition CMP Garand several years ago and think I paid just over $1300 for it. I thought the price was high but the shop I bought it from wouldn't budge on the price. In today's current climate, it's a seller's market and your Gunbroker results don't surprise me and may be a good indicator.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by 79S
The key is who made it? Some bring more money than others, Also is it all matching numbers? Take mine it’s a H&R with a 52 receiver and a 54 barrel. I paid $800 for mine 2 yrs ago, but Springfield and others are always selling for $1500.

Ouch - that confirms I paid too much! Mine's an H&R with all matching numbers, a '54 receiver and '55 barrel (I think)...

Last edited by JGray; 01/11/21.
IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Depends on who made it.
Number of original manufacturers parts in rifle and date stamps of said parts.
Muzzle wear and throat erosion are factors also.
For those of us eligible to buy through CMP they can still be had for as little as $650.00 at times.

Winchesters bring more cash than Springfield's.

CMP forums would be a good place to start your research.

Your mind is your primary weapon. Never let it get rusty.

Endowment Member NRA
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by JGray
Originally Posted by 79S

Ouch - that confirms I paid too much! Mine's an H&R with all matching numbers, a '54 receiver and '55 barrel (I think)...

Last year, I bought a nice H&R for $950. I'd damn sure buy another one like it for that price. Probably several.

I consider $1000 the floor for a serviceable Garand, and that price is moving up quickly.

Last edited by gregintenn; 01/11/21.
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S

I need to add the guy I bought mine from needed cash fast and he said $800 I didn’t flinch. Because I seen them at gun shows for $1000 or more.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by RiverRider
I will be helping a friend sell off more stuff, including an M1 Garand. I couldn't give any details about its condition since I haven't even seen it in five or six years, but it is most certainly serviceable and he wouldn't have bought a beat up junker.

Completed auctions on Gunbroker seem to suggest that they're bringing about $1500 lately. There was a time I would have accepted that as a reasonable selling price but nothing strikes me as being very reasonable these days. I have never been interested in these rifles because they just don't appeal to me so I have never followed the market on them.

What says the crowd?

The bottom would be $1,000.

Lots of variables to determine top dollar.

Go get info and come back.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I bought a mint condition CMP Garand several years ago and think I paid just over $1300 for it. I thought the price was high but the shop I bought it from wouldn't budge on the price. In today's current climate, it's a seller's market and your Gunbroker results don't surprise me and may be a good indicator.

Who cares what you paid. You got one.

That’s all that matters.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
My H&R was arsenal rebuilt, new barrel, new parts new stock, new parkerized finish, then never reissued. Had to wait almost 2 years for CMP to find one rated as Select Grade. 19 years ago I paid $570, today I'd expect maybe 2 1/2 times that.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"The older I get, the better I was"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That's a bucket list gun for me.

Sounds like I better hurry up

I'd have to track down ammo too.

Last edited by KFWA; 01/11/21.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mine is a Springfield Armory M1. Date is April of '44. It was a gift, many years ago, from a fellow that carried one just like it in WWII. I would not sell it at all. Took it apart this morning, cleaned, oiled it, put it back together. I have 'some' MilSurp ammunition loaded up in those enbloc clips

Sam......

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by jbmi
My H&R was arsenal rebuilt, new barrel, new parts new stock, new parkerized finish, then never reissued. Had to wait almost 2 years for CMP to find one rated as Select Grade. 19 years ago I paid $570, today I'd expect maybe 2 1/2 times that.

The only comment I could add to this picture is; you need 1903 Springfield in equal condition right beside it. Could you imagine that picture. It would honor a Boomer's parent.

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Buddy of mine who is a Garand collector told me the H&R's were the best of them as they had the newest and best tooling. A nice H&R around here starts at $1500.

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
L
L

That's a real battle rifle- buttstroke a commie with that and get real results

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by LowcountryRebel

That's a real battle rifle- buttstroke a commie with that and get real results

"Batteries not included, ammo not required," I take it. LOL

Don't be the darkness.

America will perish while those who should be standing guard are satisfying their lusts.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Originally Posted by deflave

Who cares what you paid. You got one.

That’s all that matters.

Yep, and I have no regrets!

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Garand collectors are anal, it all comes down to what it is, maker, year, refinished or not, matching, markings, on and on. Any serviceable one is worth $750 to $1K in my parts.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

443 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 53 invisible), 2,547 guests, and 1,188 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,957
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.