Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Saw a thread on snipershide that McMillan stocks was sold to Bob Beck. Anyone got any info on this?

GB1

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How about a link to the thread you saw?

Thanks,

Jason

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 4th_point
How about a link to the thread you saw?

Thanks,

Jason

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/mcmillan.7052114/#post-9179064

Seems Dave Tooley confirmed it and I doubt his sources were bad.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Maybe new ownership is what that company needs...

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Man, they are shipping stocks fast right now. I ordered two on Dec 4 and had them both by New Years. Never seen them shipped so quick.

Semper Fi
IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Beretzs, where either of your stocks M70 w/edge fill? if so what weight did they come in at?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by beretzs
Man, they are shipping stocks fast right now. I ordered two on Dec 4 and had them both by New Years. Never seen them shipped so quick.

Wow that’s fast! That doesn’t even give me time to afford them...grin. Maybe they will start getting them out a little faster now.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by beretzs

Wow that’s fast! That doesn’t even give me time to afford them...grin. Maybe they will start getting them out a little faster now.

I know man! I wasn't ready for the two to hit at the same darned time myself! Oh well, can't complain about that sorta service.

Semper Fi
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I always liked McMillan stocks. I have to winder why they sold out....Could it be that there is more competition than ever now for a fiberglass stock? Never have I seen so many new composite stock makers out there (and cheaper).

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is CONFIRMED gentlemen.

Changes coming ...

"What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as freedom should not be highly rated." Thomas Paine
IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I like their stock but CS sucks. Hope they get that fixed

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Worth mentioning this man was so very instrumental in McMillan's success. I had many conversations with him over the years and he was as my former 'smith stated "there is no doubt Dick Davis is the best man in the fiberglass stock business!":

Remembering Dick Davis

They say it was a sad day at McMillan when Dick left for Lazzeroni but there was much joy when he returned!

Dick did alot for me and I will always remember him for his fantastic advice, knowledge and excellent customer service!

And I'll add kudos to Eileen for excellent CS as well.

I wish all the best for Kelly McMillan and family and that goes for the new incoming owners!

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I would like to see the weight come down a few ounces. The two that came in last week were a McMillan hunter for a Howa that weighs 35 ounces. My wife wanted the purple gel coat swirl so. The other is a mountain rifle pattern edge fill in the carbon ambush that has a couple molded in colors. It weighs just shy of 27 ounces so it’s not as bad. I know if I’d just be happy with normal colors they would weigh less.

Faster lead times and lower prices would be cool but I don’t expect that at all especially the price part. I doubt anyone would buy out a company and be able to come in and reduce the price of the products.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MtnHtr
Worth mentioning this man was so very instrumental in McMillan's success. I had many conversations with him over the years and he was as my former 'smith stated "there is no doubt Dick Davis is the best man in the fiberglass stock business!":

Remembering Dick Davis

They say it was a sad day at McMillan when Dick left for Lazzeroni but there was much joy when he returned!

Dick did alot for me and I will always remember him for his fantastic advice, knowledge and excellent customer service!

I wish all the best for Kelly McMillan and family and that goes for the new incoming owners!

I agree with you about Dick Davis and hope that the new owners address the customer service issues that have been present for the past few years.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Faster lead times and lower prices would be cool but I don’t expect that at all especially the price part. I doubt anyone would buy out a company and be able to come in and reduce the price of the products.

Good points. I called to inquire about a stock a week ago and a camo gel stock with studs, pad, etc was going to be like $750 out the door and a 6 month wait...

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i just cant digest 700 for a stock anymore...i guess remembering the 350-400 dollar days makes it harder also

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickBin
This is CONFIRMED gentlemen.

Changes coming ...

Orders you recently made with McMillan are still good to go Rick???

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I would like to see the weight come down a few ounces. The two that came in last week were a McMillan hunter for a Howa that weighs 35 ounces. My wife wanted the purple gel coat swirl so. The other is a mountain rifle pattern edge fill in the carbon ambush that has a couple molded in colors. It weighs just shy of 27 ounces so it’s not as bad. I know if I’d just be happy with normal colors they would weigh less.

SA or LA?

Dang, a Weatherby SA Griptonite only weighs 4oz more than that, and I thought it was an anvil.

What fresh Hell is this?
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223

Good points. I called to inquire about a stock a week ago and a camo gel stock with studs, pad, etc was going to be like $750 out the door and a 6 month wait...

I know it they’ve really gone up. When I first started buying them I waited until the annual Christmas sale. I apologize if I’m remembering wrong but I want to say standard gel coat stocks were $399 normally $449 or $499. Edge fill stocks were $499 normally $599. That said no one is twisting my arm to order them. I love the stocks and unless I get the nerve to try a Manners I’ll keep ordering and paying it when I need a stock. The only reason I haven’t tried a Manners is all the posts/threads about none of the stocks showing up correctly. I’ve never had that problem with McMillan. Yet anyway.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Pappy348

SA or LA?

Dang, a Weatherby SA Griptonite only weighs 4oz more than that, and I thought it was an anvil.

Short action. Yes sir I know it. I understand the shape stock I like is a bigger stock than say a mountain rifle classic or compact. That said I even asked for as light of fill as possible. Hate to think what magnum fill would weigh. I don’t have a list of weight on all my stocks or all the ones I’ve had but I think 35 ounces is getting on up there for a sporter stock. Like I said though if we could be normal people and happy with regular colors we could save some weight and money too. That part is all on me.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

422 members (1minute, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 10ring1, 10gaugeman, 45 invisible), 2,395 guests, and 1,162 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,325
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.