Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Square metal GI Joe for me in the 60's. Had to be a little tougher as a white boy with blonde hair on the rez.😁

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by slumlord
Care to share?

Metal square one with a cartoon theme? Or one like your dad carried to the asbestos factory ?

slumlord;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope the day out east is a good one for you folks and all who matter in your world are well.

Thanks kindly for a positive thread, it's a much appreciated diversion in our fascinating times.

When I looked on the inner webs I couldn't find a photo of any that were exactly as I recalled them, but this is more or less what I had.

[Linked Image from s.ecrater.com]

They were plastic, with a plastic thermos type bottle in the top, held in with a fold out plastic arm that'd break right away so the water bottle would crush your white bread sandwiches.

It was always home made white bread, but they got crushed just the same. wink

Our small town schools didn't have a lunch counter - or a vending machine even - so any food came from home. There were two stores in town where snacks could be purchased - well three if you included the one gas station, but we weren't supposed to walk across the train tracks and highway to get to the gas station ever before junior high.

While I remember some of the kids having the square ones, it wasn't too many as I recall. Maybe it was a regional thing?

Oh, as we got older then the stickers would adorn the lunch kit like on the posted photo. It'd be snow machine and motorcycle stickers for the boys usually, some weird flowers and butterflies for the girls - it was the flower power age you see.

Thanks for the walk down another otherwise long forgotten path in my memory sir, I very much appreciate it.

Well, as Winnie the Pooh said, "I must be going now" as I've heard that a favorite mountain lake is frozen enough to drill holes in it, so I'm off to attempt to catch enough for a feed of perch.

All the best to you and yours.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P

Never had one.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by slumlord
Originally Posted by Beaver10
.45 cent hot lunch.

Back in the days of real hamburger gravy over mashed tatos and full sized chicken pieces.

đŸĻĢ

Same here bro

.40 cents

Best meal lil slumboy would get in the trailer park

School lunch favs

Big ice cream scoopie wad of spaghetti, hot giant fresh rolls, and orange with 35 seeds, chocolate mrlk.

Ice cream cup was extra, .15 cents

👍
Ice cream or milk was 5 cents when I was in elementary school. Don't remember what lunch was.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Hee Haw metal square box is the only one I can remember.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hot lunch until integration, my old man told me to never touch much less eat anything a black person was near.
Paper bags for a few years until HS then I could walk to a greasy spoon grill down the road. Black lady cooking in the back.

I turned out ok........ crazy

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
What I take to work, everyday !

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Never owned one. I always ate the school lunch, which was really good and made from scratch. I never saw pizza on the menu on the menu. Now it is once a week on the local school menu.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
None of you muddaphuckas got free lunch from the government? Dont need to tote no lunchbox fo' dat.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
None of you muddaphuckas got free lunch from the government? Dont need to tote no lunchbox fo' dat.

LoL
My Mom taught in public schools for 32 years, she told me later on that all the teachers, cafeteria and office staff paid for the few kids that didn't have lunch money until integration came along. They couldn't afford it after that.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S

No free lunch here. But it was long enough ago that it cost a quarter. Probably worth more like a dime, LOL.

And my lunchbox was lightweight. It had to be, on account of it was 2 miles uphill both ways.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Rat Protrol, or a brown paper sack

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
This is the one all the cool kids had. I had my $0.45 for the hot lunch, like it or not.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]image hosting free

------------------------
John
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
First was a Six Million Dollar Man. Later had a King Kong, a Star Wars and a Universal Monsters, which I still have.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by smokepole

No free lunch here. But it was long enough ago that it cost a quarter. Probably worth more like a dime, LOL.

And my lunchbox was lightweight. It had to be, on account of it was 2 miles uphill both ways.

Through a foot of snow.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
Metal square Roy Rogers. Still have the it.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
The 1st day of 3rd grade a fifth grader tried to take my lunch. I hit him in the face w/ my Josh Randall lunch box and broke the thermos and the handle. When my folks were called in by the pastor and asked what they were going to do? My dad said I would start bringing my lunch in a paper bag if the priest would inform the would be thief about the relevant commandment. Brown bag w/ my name on it no other consequences.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Nothing through 8th grade-just a brown paper bag with a bologna sandwich and an apple. High school had a full time cook staff and cafeteria. Chicken cacciatore every Tuesday, red beans and rice every Wednesday, and fish sticks on Friday. 25 cents in the 60's. Or there was a Dairy Queen across the street where you could get a fountain drink for 10 cents and a hamburger with mustard and ketchup for 15 cents. Either way, lunch cost a quarter. By the time we were seniors, we drove to the local bar and got a cold pint for the same quarter. No drugs where I lived, just booze and beer.
They left us pretty much alone most of the time.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

228 members (358WCF, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 280shooter, 204guy, 35 invisible), 1,965 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,161
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.