Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Ahem...

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
For laptops I prefer Dell and Lenovo running Linux (Fedora or Ubuntu mainly).
Lots of "flavors" for Linux. If you want something closer to the Windows look, Mint.

Apple cost more than it's worth and too proprietary.

B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
Macbook

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Macbook

Why support the enemy?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have a couple of HP's, one an I-7, one an I-5 with 16 G ram, solid state drives & both have been rock solid & trouble free.

Once you learn the formats, work arounds & how to configure Win 10, it is by far the most stable Win version yet.......by far.

I hate Microsoft & Apple, but I'm not going to move to Linux.

MM.

IC B2

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
Originally Posted by Brazos
MacBook.

Thank me later.

In the past I've recommended MacBook. However, Apple is now censoring free speech and trying to put Parler out of business.

I don't know what to buy but buying from Apple might be like Jews voting for Hitler.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
MM, "the most stable version of Windows" is like saying the best smelling turd.

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
I think Nancy Piglosi's laptop may become availiable!!

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
The software on my iPhone is a joke. It works fine but, the construction looks like it was done by a 14-year-old hacker. Every screen uses a different approach/position to screen control. Hackney is the best description.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Apple is now deliberately making their laptops difficult or impossible to repair, especially by third parties. Would you purchase a car that could only be serviced by a dealer? Who, when there is a merely a faulty crank position sensor, says you have to replace the entire engine? If so, then by all means go Apple.

Don’t like Windows, then use Linux on PC hardware.

IC B3

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Have fun replacing parts on that macbook yourself...enjoy mac store repair prices and part prices.

I've deal with laptops for years in business and education environments, dell latitudes have always been my go to.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by oldtrapper
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Macbook

Why support the enemy?
So Microsoft/Gates is your friend? No matter what you choose, it's the enemy.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
It's intuitive - but the learning curve is steep. Dontcha just love oxymorons?

I saw that too and thought it was pretty funny.

If you have been on Windows for a long time and are familiar with it, Macs will be frustrating. If you just surf and email, it won't be too bad switching.

I have had good luck with Dell business class notebooks. Like most things, you get what you pay for.

Jerry

Minnesota; Land of 10,000 Taxes
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
My 2011 Macbook Pro is the best computer I've ever had. I've replaced the battery, hard drive, and added memory all on my own using aftermarket parts and I'm not that good with electronics. I don't know about the new ones, though, and I'm probably not going to find out. While I really like the way my Macbook works I'm not buying a new one. I'm interested in the Linux concept, but I'll have to educate myself greatly it seems.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MM, "the most stable version of Windows" is like saying the best smelling turd.

Yeah, to a point, but on several machines, even one with 8.1, it just works..................every day.

I just have no desire to move to Linux.

MM

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by High_Noon
Originally Posted by Sheister
Funny, my wife has a Macbook and I have a Dell and I love my Dell and I hate the MacBook. She tolerates it because it was a gift and it was a reasonably high end model, but she struggles with it constantly....

That's because both of you haven't learned how to properly use it yet - you been conditioned to believe that crap PCs work well. Once you learn how to use a Mac properly, you'll wonder why you ever used a convoluted PC. Macs are a helluva' lot more intuitive than PCs could ever hope to be.

Keep at it, or sign up for a course, if you need it. The learning curve for Macs can be steep, but it's well worth the effort to learn how to use it. I would never, ever go back to a PC - they suck compared to a MAC.

Sorry, I don't want to get married to the damn thing or have sex with it, I just want it to do what I need without having to learn a secret handshake.... I had Macbooks the last couple places I worked as field laptops and hated using them. Always went back to using my home PC when I could to finish up work I couldn't get done in the field during the day because I was much more familiar with it. Never have any problems with my PCs, but the Macs all seem like they are purposely made to be unnecessarily complicated and now that they have jumped to the fascist left without even trying to hide it I wouldn't even consider giving them a dime of my hard earned cash....

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
MM - You may have to if MS succumbs to Big Tech Political Insanity. I would not rule that out. Apple is already showing symptoms, and the tide may rise farther when President Xiden starts taking orders from his Chinese captors.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I bought MrsK a MacBook for Christmas...no contest.

"Miss Jean Louise, stand up. Your father's passin.'"
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Don't overlook refurbished business machines at Woot!

Great idea.
All the bells and whistles. Professionally cleaned (physically and software. Probably has a good software package...

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
MM - You may have to if MS succumbs to Big Tech Political Insanity. I would not rule that out. Apple is already showing symptoms, and the tide may rise farther when President Xiden starts taking orders from his Chinese captors.

Rocky,

Yeah, well if that happens, I'll deal with it.

I converted one to Linux Mint a few years ago...............pretty cumbersome procedure at that time, IMO, & I'm decently computer literate.

I imagine the procedure has been improved somewhat by now, have not looked at it lately.

MM

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

636 members (1badf350, 12344mag, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 73 invisible), 2,530 guests, and 1,283 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,686
Posts18,456,386
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.