Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Was over east last Friday and was doing some gun buying at one of my favorite gunshops and they had a newly placed on the rack Ruger #1-B in caliber 257 Roberts.
The Rifle was as new and had the gloss rings with it.
No flaws were seen by me on the Rifle at all - no wear anywhere.
I even contemplated buying it for myself as an investment - but I ended up buying a Smith & Wesson Model 60 instead.
The stock on the Ruger #1-B was extra nice and it had the black rubber buttpad.
Ring screws were not mangled at all.
The muzzle even had 100% bluing on it.
The asking price was $1,299.00 - no sales tax in Montana.
If anyone is interested in making them an offer the phone number is 406-682-4210 Monday through Saturday.
Long live the Ruger #1
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

BP-B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That sounds like a deal.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
That sounds pretty tempting. Does the wood have any character or figure? Do you have any idea what year Ruger manufactured these?

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Cluggins: Yes the wood - especially the buttstock was especially pleasing.
One of the countermen at that number is very computer savvy and I am sure they would be willing to photograph the Rifle and text or E-mail it to you.
I am headed past there later this week to do gunshops in the next big city (Bozeman, Montana) and there is a 20% chance I will get by the gunshop in question (if we have time in our travels later this week) and if I do get there I will take pictures for you to get them texted or E-mailed eventually.
I am guessing it is 5 to 10 years old.
It is later manufacture than the red buttpad Ruger #1-B's I do know that - and probably NOT currently manufactured, if I understand things at Ruger?
If you call the shop they can relay the serial number to you and you can check the Ruger dates of manufacture charts for the exact year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Considering new ones cost that and 257 Roberts aren't easy to find I'd say it's a very good deal. Glad he's not local to me because I doubt I'd have the willpower to let it sit there.

IC B2

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by VarmintGuy
Cluggins: Yes the wood - especially the buttstock was especially pleasing.
One of the countermen at that number is very computer savvy and I am sure they would be willing to photograph the Rifle and text or E-mail it to you.
I am headed past there later this week to do gunshops in the next big city (Bozeman, Montana) and there is a 20% chance I will get by the gunshop in question (if we have time in our travels later this week) and if I do get there I will take pictures for you to get them texted or E-mailed eventually.
I am guessing it is 5 to 10 years old.
It is later manufacture than the red buttpad Ruger #1-B's I do know that - and probably NOT currently manufactured, if I understand things at Ruger?
If you call the shop they can relay the serial number to you and you can check the Ruger dates of manufacture charts for the exact year.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Thanks VG. I am going to call them. I have a bud who is looking for a number 1 as well, so between the 2 of us it may find a new home.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Done deal. Just got off the phone and said the "I'll Take It" so it's on its way to Northern Michigan. VarmintGuy, thanks for the tip!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by stevevan1
Done deal. Just got off the phone and said the "I'll Take It" so it's on its way to Northern Michigan. VarmintGuy, thanks for the tip!

That was rude. I had a honey-do list I was working on.

V
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
V
Stevevan1 & Cluggins: I am happy one of the CampFirers got this super nifty Rifle. But sad there weren't two of them available.
On our way to the gunshops and pawnshops in Bozeman, Montana yesterday morning we diverted to go by the shop in question and I was going to take pictures of the Ruger #1-B for you's guy's but the Rifle was "gone"!
I did not learn of its destiny til just now when I woke up this morning (long day yesterday).
Anyway that handsome and somewhat rare Rifle will be a good investment for our fellow CampFirer and I am a bit envious/jealous that "I" did not jump on this Rifle when "I" had the chance.
No ammo to speak of at all in our 280 mile round trip with stops in 5 cities at MANY shops and stores!
You are more than welcome Stevevan1 glad to have helped.
Enjoy.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
$1299.OO for a nice 257 Roberts in a Ruger #1 that was a decent price for a great rifle ,Great caliber and you will never see that price again maybe not even a 257 Roberts ? glad someone snag it i own a couple mine shoot very well.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
A nice U.P. deer rifle for sure. Nice snag Stevevan1. I went the other way and bought a #1 in 405 from a gentleman in Powers. smile

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
368 members (1lesfox, 160user, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 40 invisible), 2,042 guests, and 893 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,593
Posts18,397,970
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.