Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that the year's been as good as the photos indicate and you and those who matter to you are well.

Thanks for sharing the ice fishing photos with us, it's always an encouragement to me to see folks getting out doing what I'm apparently addicted to as well.

While what I'm catching would be bait in your part of the world, it's nonetheless something I love and with a daily limit of 20, there's enough for a good meal of fish tacos for two of us! grin

[Linked Image]

The little mountain lake I like to go to finally froze enough about a week ago to get out and try my hand at it.

While the fishing was a tad slower than some days last year, I had a limit in a few hours and honestly it's a nice diversion sitting in a tent watching that light line twitch.

Thanks to the OP for the thread.

All the best to you and yours this year Paul. Stay well.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

BP-B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BC30cal
Paul;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope that the year's been as good as the photos indicate and you and those who matter to you are well.

Thanks for sharing the ice fishing photos with us, it's always an encouragement to me to see folks getting out doing what I'm apparently addicted to as well.

While what I'm catching would be bait in your part of the world, it's nonetheless something I love and with a daily limit of 20, there's enough for a good meal of fish tacos for two of us! grin

[Linked Image]

The little mountain lake I like to go to finally froze enough about a week ago to get out and try my hand at it.

While the fishing was a tad slower than some days last year, I had a limit in a few hours and honestly it's a nice diversion sitting in a tent watching that light line twitch.

Dwayne

Cool Dwayne! We don't have yellow perch, but LOVE me some bluegills. I'm glad to see so many guys fishing. Winter fishing can be some of the best. Most people don't do it, simply because it's so different from warm weather fishing that they never really try.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
ltppowell;
Good afternoon to you sir, thanks for the response.

Indeed it's something that I loved to do years back and then quit because of family, work and well life getting in the way.

A couple years back my hunting and used to be fishing partner talked me into going with him again. I had such a blast I went home and had a tent, auger and a couple rods for the next time out together! laugh

The rest of the stuff I had I think Pat. Anyways as I say, they're all small and some folks wouldn't bother with them, but I really like to eat Yellow Perch and it's also one of the few fresh water species my good wife likes to eat, so that's always good too.

We've got what I believe are smaller cousins of your Bluegill called Pumpkinseed here and I've eaten them, but they're not in this particular lake - yet....

It's a stocked lake so here that means hatchery rainbows, brookies and kokanee, but someone put yellow perch and some koi in there as well.

Thanks again and all the best to you and your fine family sir.

Dwayne

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
The last thing I caught was late August I took my wife and son out to drop crab pots but while I was looking at the bottom contour to find a good spot to drop the pots we ran into a massive amount of bait. Birds working it, dolphins balling them up and salmon coming off the bottom working it. I told my son that it was too good to pass up so I dropped a ‘rigger and one rod with my deadliest spoon. That spoon has caught so many fish that the multitudes of fish teeth had worn the finish off and teeth marks have made a permanent imprint. We made one pass through and released a shaker on the second pass through the rigger tripped and a nice fish was stripping line at a rate I haven’t seen since albacore fishing offshore. I gained some line tightened the drag a little more and told my son that it’s a 15-20 pound King. He thought I was crazy since we hadn’t even seen the fish yet. He fought it for almost 10 minutes before the fish tired and came to the net. It was a beautiful 15# King and we had only spent 10 minutes with lines in the water. The communist state of Washington closed fishing because of the bullshit pandemic and since I always listen to communist dictates I would never disobey them.....

The last thing I killed wasn’t for food but depredation and the statute of limitations hasn’t expired yet. 😂

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Paul;

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Hi Dwayne, yes sir, all good further east of you (.gov excused !! frown ) !

Love me some perch & crappie too, even the odd, cold water snot rocket !!

Our best Crappie lake is frozen, but has so much slush, I/we're waiting for some decent cold to freeze the top.

Love this lady to the moon & back;

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Glad to see you getting it done too Mate !!

Best to you & your ladies !

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
IC B2

jmh3 Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We haven't had good ice here in years. Nobody even bothers with tents or shacks anymore. The most we get is a few days here and there.

------------------------
John
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Paul;
Thanks for the reply and further photos sir.

Now you do realize that you're putting me in a difficult situation here with those giant perch photos, right?

The Good Book indicates I'm not to covet anything my neighbor has, but my heavens sir, those perch are massive!!! cool cool

Honestly if I was to land anything close to the size of that one on the cutting board with the walleye, I'd have to pull my Stormy Kromer off in a big hurry lest it get stuck there permanently! cool

We can only dream of perch that size sir, but dream we must and dream we shall.

I'll also opine that any of us who has a wife that'd accompany us on hunting, fishing or outdoor forays are among the most blessed of men. cool

Thanks again and all the best to you and your lovely wife even though she catches bigger perch than I do.

Dwayne

PS;
Most excellent taste in fillet knives as well sir, but then I'd expect nothing less from you!

Last edited by BC30cal; 01/13/21. Reason: added PS

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Dog alerted me to this little guy hanging out in the backyard when I got home from work today. CZ 452 with CCI Quiets was the tool for the job. Very effective! [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Semper Fi

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A cold!

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc].

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Those fish pics are making me hungry, Paul!

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by killerv
Son wanted to set a cage trap in the backyard, possum in it last saturday, did the thing with a couple 22shorts, looked like deal was done.

Joker still breathing the next day, a couple more shots, left it.

Joker moved about 20 yards overnight, may have been dragged, but it was still breathing. A couple more shots on Monday and a strike from a piece of firewood,

Well anyway, still alive yesterday afternoon, 5 more shots, just went ahead and put him in a bag and got rid of him this am. Dangdest thing I've seen in a while.

I felt a little bad. How it survived maybe a dozen 22s to the head and a couple to the chest is beyond me. Those are some bleedin jokers too.

Ah, the ‘ole Rasputin ploy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Rock ptarmigan.
I am headed out in the morning to check lynx traps but will have a .22 with me and will be in more ptarmigan country, so one never knows what the day will bring.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Paul;

[Linked Image]

Dwayne

Good deal.....I haven't caught perch since I was a teen. That does look like a good time.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Got my boat out on a lake Tuesday.
Picked up 3 Kokanee, 1 rainbow and ! German Brown

MOLON LABE
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Thursday. 38 Special. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by slugflinger; 01/16/21.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I shot a fat doe 2 weeks today here in Tn. Good way to end the season.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I got a stinkbug off of the ceiling with a shot of pine scented Glade.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My wad and the clap. Just saying and desperate times.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
439 members (300jimmy, 160user, 10ring1, 1lesfox, 257 mag, 1lessdog, 48 invisible), 2,167 guests, and 934 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,595
Posts18,398,070
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.