I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by Fireball2
I'm a master in the Poon Tang discipline. Deadly.

If I ever meet up with you, I'm gonna fugk you until you love me.

Book it.

LOL

Sex tapes made Kim Kardashian rich!

🦫

Now that's just disgusting. KK or FB&Flave.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
GB1

L
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
L
Originally Posted by Rick n Tenn

Indiana guy. Spent quite a bit of time with him and others in the 80s.

Bill Wallace is first class

Last edited by lapua6547; 01/13/21.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Ammo shortage has me worried, so thinking of hitting the dojo for some last minute, pre civil war II training. I thought karate was the only option but apparently there’s:
Karate. This covers many styles of self-defense involving kicks, punches, and open-handed chops. ...
Jujitsu. Developed in China and Japan, this martial art is a forerunner of both aikido and judo. ...
Aikido. ...
Judo. ...
Hapkido. ...
Kung fu. ...
Capoeira. ...
Krav maga.

WTF?! Any jet li wannabe’s on here for advice ?
I’m thinking the standard break a beer bottle and cut a mother [bleep] style might be the best bet?

Moss berg 590 loaded with #4 buck.I can kick anyones ass with that.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Gun Fu

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper

This is just the Filipino martial art choreography in a handful of movies to give you an idea of basics.

The typical fma competitions make UFC/MMA comparatively safe sports. Basically No rules and you beat the hell out of each other with ratan clubs as hard as you can. Bones are often broken in the first round.

Then there's the level of real life encounters and spec ops.

Camper,

The closest you've come to kicking something's ass, was eating a ham sandiwch.

LOL

STFU, you fat girl.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
J

This is just the Filipino martial art choreography in a handful of movies to give you an idea of basics.

The typical fma competitions make UFC/MMA comparatively safe sports. Basically No rules and you beat the hell out of each other with ratan clubs as hard as you can. Bones are often broken in the first round.

Camper,

LOL

STFU, you fat girl.

He chipped a tooth so technically the ham sandwich won.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Quart-O-Blood technique...........Only for the true karate man.

In actuality, very few that wrestle through high school end up pussies. Some can’t punch for schit, but most will put you on your head pretty damn quick.
All kinds of karate folk can’t fight their way out of a wet paper sack.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
I saw a solid compact good High School wrestler put a known , well respected Black Belt (? Degree ) Karate instructor on his back, and rained down a few Bunkey the Monkey blows to his face in a blink of an eye one night. When he got up the instructors student stepped in. OOPs mistake.

[Linked Image]
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Wrestlers can get messed up as well. The right combination is know how to effectively punch and block and then be able to finish it when it gets to the ground. Northern style Kung Fu and Kempo Karate both stress strikes more than kicks. Dirty boxing with punches, jabs and elbows is cash. In a real fight you want to get low, start with percussion and blocking and then get them off their feet. Most of the best people I know avoid conflicts when they can, but end them quickly if there is no alternative. Setups really do work. I would take a baseball bat over a knife if things got serious every time. Knife fights are the worst and I would rather run my fat ass then to get sliced up by a little filipino who wanted carve me up like a ham. That being said a good reverse or hip lift from a duckunder which is a Greo-Roman wrestling move will end most fights.

I would say that as we get older, we think deadlier and are more likely just to pop a cap into an opponent because ego has left the building. That being said about 6 months ago a dimwit wanted to try to intimidate me at the local Holiday(its what we have up here) in front of his girl. I picked up a can of dinty more beef stew put it right up next to his head in his space and asked him if he was hungry. He left like a coward. It is the cowards that you always have to watch. Weapons of all sorts are good.

If I was living in Lower 48 I would go to Dog Brothers or to Kali/Silat. We can get by getting in close when we are young and fight for long enough to get the right position or situation to win when we are young, quick and limber but as we age we need tools to make up for the loss of cardio VO Max capacity.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Camper,

LOL

STFU, you fat girl.

He chipped a tooth so technically the ham sandwich won.

True Jack,

I've had a chipped tooth with less than that.

If you really want to know, ask God if He would send you one or two of the challenges that came after me.
He might just listen. I suggest you drop your hand when you do that.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Crapper = a Bible thumpn' Jack Reacher.

-Bulletproof and Waterproof don't mean Idiotproof.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I spent two years going twice a week to training. The best martial art is the one you practice. Practice and conditioning will win most fights and I have been in hundreds. We had to fight every class several times. With that said, some times winning a fight can get you hurt more than loosing. There has only been a couple of fights away from the school and those not trained or practiced commonly hold there breath so all you need to do is defend for about 15 seconds and they're out of gas. If you hear controlled breathing you'll want to consider other options.

The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. Albert Einstein
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Boise
I spent two years going twice a week to training. The best martial art is the one you practice. Practice and conditioning will win most fights and I have been in hundreds. We had to fight every class several times. With that said, some times winning a fight can get you hurt more than loosing. There has only been a couple of fights away from the school and those not trained or practiced commonly hold there breath so all you need to do is defend for about 15 seconds and they're out of gas. If you hear controlled breathing you'll want to consider other options.

I have to agree. It sounds like you learned well in that investment of hard work.
Most bad guys don't have any training, although they might be strong, desperate and armed. Training takes self discipline and that works to the advantage of the disciplined.....which most thieves and criminals are not.
Even a non combat related sport art can be very effective against an unarmed tough street punk with little skills. Like you said, cardio is extremely important. The younger and multiple opponents have the clear advantage in those cases.
This changes as the numbers increase and the elements of surprise take us off guard. I've never been in a fair fight. The others have always been armed or struck a sucker "punch", etc.
All said and done, the good Lord protected me through it all these years. I'm probably not the only one who can say that.

Last edited by Happy_Camper; 01/13/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lifetime of training in martial arts, meets MMA beat yo ass in the real world.

I like this dude. He enjoys kicking the dog chit out of some of China’s most revered, yet fake martial artists.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

Regardless the fighting style an skill level, above all else you must have a all-in win and end it anyway possible, 'killer', mindset. Just because someone excels in organized, controlled sport combat arts doesn't mean they can do they same outside in a anything-goes street or bar fight.

I watched a black belt karate and kung fu trained guy get walked backwards hopping on one foot up a aisle at work one time by guy that was a known skilled and experienced street brawler. Karate Kung fu guy tried a fancy kick, the street brawler caught his foot and proceeded to push him off balance backwards hopping foolishly on one foot.

Same karate / kungfu guy entered a area tough man contest once and got his butt stomped royally. Several at work went to watch him. They said you could even hear him holler out "Ouch!" and "OW !" when he got hit over the crowd noise.

Real good guy, always does well in organized karate / kungfu events, even teaches it, too, but just can't seem to muster up a 'killer' instinct.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by 673
Korean Martial arts, been proven in battle, stay on your feet.

How many fights YOU been in that didn’t go to the ground?

3 that I can think of. A front or back kick to the bottom of the chin ends chidt quickly. lol

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

673 Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by joken2

Regardless the fighting style an skill level, above all else you must have a all-in win and end it anyway possible, 'killer', mindset. Just because someone excels in organized, controlled sport combat arts doesn't mean they can do they same outside in a anything-goes street or bar fight.

I watched a black belt karate and kung fu trained guy get walked backwards hopping on one foot up a aisle at work one time by guy that was a known skilled and experienced street brawler. Karate Kung fu guy tried a fancy kick, the street brawler caught his foot and proceeded to push him off balance backwards hopping foolishly on one foot.

Same karate / kungfu guy entered a area tough man contest once and got his butt stomped royally. Several at work went to watch him. They said you could even hear him holler out "Ouch!" and "OW !" when he got hit over the crowd noise.

Real good guy, always does well in organized karate / kungfu events, even teaches it, too, but just can't seem to muster up a 'killer' instinct.

Killer instinct, yes this exactly. Then when you have this combined with the proper training you get an elite individual in any type of training.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My army combatives students used to ask me the same question. I told them, in my opinion, if they were to choose one, it should be Russian Sambo.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by 673
Originally Posted by joken2

Killer instinct, yes this exactly. Then when you have this combined with the proper training you get an elite individual in any type of training.

This is exactly right. The training becomes instinct when in a brawl. You don't even know you're using it until after it's ended.

The deer hunter does not notice the mountains

"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve" - Isoroku Yamamoto

There sure are a lot of America haters that want to live here...

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Confused
Campfire Outfitter
J
The best technique is avoiding confrontation.

Outside of that...arm bar, knees, elbows, and not being a b itch

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 01/13/21.
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

713 members (01Foreman400, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 1234, 10ring1, 62 invisible), 2,655 guests, and 1,156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,151
Posts18,465,027
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.