Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Probably not the right place to post it, but it’s something I’m gonna have to buy locally anyways, so I figured I’d throw up a post and maybe hear from someone before it got moved or taken down.

I finally got my hands on a M70 Stainless Classic in .375 H&H. I’ve got bullets, brass, and primers. I need to get my hands on some RL15 and realize I picked about the worst time in recent history to try to do so.

I’m not asking for tons, just a pound or two so I can get a load worked up and make a few boxes of ammo to last me years to come.

I’m willing to pay “today’s prices” for some, and have plenty of other stuff to trade if cash isn’t your thing. Just can’t find any locally and don’t know how long it’ll be until I see some more on a shelf.

Also interested in any other load data you might have for this round. Would prefer a monolithic, but accuracy trumps toxicity.

Thanks!

BP-B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
I should be able to help you out. Will be in the valley this weekend if you want to meet up. 71 grains is where I ended up with the 270 tsx.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Good choice on powder. It is very versatile and works great in the 375.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs
Probably not the right place to post it, but it’s something I’m gonna have to buy locally anyways, so I figured I’d throw up a post and maybe hear from someone before it got moved or taken down.

I finally got my hands on a M70 Stainless Classic in .375 H&H. I’ve got bullets, brass, and primers. I need to get my hands on some RL15 and realize I picked about the worst time in recent history to try to do so.

I’m not asking for tons, just a pound or two so I can get a load worked up and make a few boxes of ammo to last me years to come.

I’m willing to pay “today’s prices” for some, and have plenty of other stuff to trade if cash isn’t your thing. Just can’t find any locally and don’t know how long it’ll be until I see some more on a shelf.

Also interested in any other load data you might have for this round. Would prefer a monolithic, but accuracy trumps toxicity.

Thanks!

Have to disagree completely... bullet performance trumps everything else. In my experience monolithics win the accuracy race easily, but their performance makes them the only choice, IMO&E in the 375.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Sitka deer

Thanks!

Have to disagree completely... bullet performance trumps everything else. In my experience monolithics win the accuracy race easily, but their performance makes them the only choice, IMO&E in the 375.

That’s why I’m starting with them. On a recommendation from a trusted buddy on this caliber/weapon and my own experience with monolithics in every other caliber I’ve killed animals with. 99%+ weight retention and perfect mushrooms on the few I’ve recovered.

But in order to maximize bullet performance, you need accuracy. I don’t care how well a particular projectile performs, if I’m aiming at the shoulder and impact is on the hip, we’re gonna have issues.

Last edited by Ducksanddogs; 01/14/21.
IC B2

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by cwh2
I should be able to help you out. Will be in the valley this weekend if you want to meet up. 71 grains is where I ended up with the 270 tsx.

Name a time/place/price and I’ll be there. PM to follow.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I’ll look in my load logs when I get off work, text you a pic or two if I find anything exciting. I do recall having great luck with IMR4831, found some data in an old manual and tried it for grins. Good accuracy with 300s and 2550 or so out of my 20” barrel.

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Doubt you will have any trouble accuracy wise with the barnes (or most any bullet in 375). Looks like I have tons of room to add powder - the load above is squarely middle of the road. Kind of a nice change.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by TheKid
I’ll look in my load logs when I get off work, text you a pic or two if I find anything exciting. I do recall having great luck with IMR4831, found some data in an old manual and tried it for grins. Good accuracy with 300s and 2550 or so out of my 20” barrel.

My 20" AI loves IMR4831, essentially AA3100 for the 270grTTSX. A number of people have shot their best ever group with this rifle, which is usually the biggest they have ever shot...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by TheKid

My 20" AI loves IMR4831, essentially AA3100 for the 270grTTSX. A number of people have shot their best ever group with this rifle, which is usually the biggest they have ever shot...

That’d be nice, for sure. As long as I can achieve minute of brown bear at 200 yards, I’ll be a happy camper.

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
D
My go-to hunting load for the .375 H&H is 72.5gr of RL-15 with the 270gr TSX. Brown bears don't like the TSX. Not even a little bit.

Depending on how cwh hooks you up with powder, I probably have some '15 I can spare, as well.

I've shot a fair amount of IMR 4064 out of my .338-06 and .375s, and it does a good job, too.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
Thanks guys, I think I’ve gotten what I need lined up.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
74-74.5gr RL15, FED215, R-P brass, 300gr TSX seated at 3.595.. Barnes max load with RL15 is 75.0gr, and it’s a hot one. Another good powder is Big game powder.. I have to get my notes out, and see that specific data.. My 300gr tsx load with RL-15 is north of 2550 if I remember right.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
....so I figured I’d throw up a post and maybe hear from someone before it got moved or taken down.

I'm of no help; however, this really made me, literally, laugh out loud.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I haven't loaded a 375 round in quite a few years but i did, i found Varget and Big Game to be good powders too. I think i settled on 270 grain Partitions

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
639 members (06hunter59, 007FJ, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,843 guests, and 1,423 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.