Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Chequamegon
Was also about to order a Privateer, any other owners notice weight is more than advertised? Will be needing a Rem mountain contour so that won’t help with weight loss. Would a McMillian Edge be a better bet for lighter weight?

Manner and McMillan have come out lighter for me than AG. About $100 more dollars and much longer weight times is the downside

GB1

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by timl
CAT and Alpine Hunter, both in Carbon Camo, came in a little under listed weight.

Awesome. Great news. Hope more people chime in. My sample was small so the more the better.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by shootAI
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
Just got in two more privateers. Their lightest stock. Both came in 5oz over listed weight. Weighed 29oz. Inletting was better on these two.

5 oz's is noticeable, hate to hear that. Have been contemplating a CAT (26 oz) but if it was +5 oz it would end up being 31 oz.

Yes I was a little disappointed. I wish I would of weighed the two alpine models but didn’t. Has anyone else weighed their AG ? Since it’s only a sample of two I would love to hear more feedback from other people.

I have two Alpines, one has QD sockets and weighs
32oz with the forward pic rail.

The other has the tripod ready aluminum block in the forearm, but no we cups and weights 33oz with the forward pic rail.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
Originally Posted by lone wolf
Is the fieldcraft stock same as there Sportsman model?

The Fieldcraft has a cheekpiece. I'm pretty sure the Fieldcraft stock is the Carbon All Terrain (CAT) model.

I agree. The Sportsman I have is wider and more squared off bottom of forend. The Fieldcraft stock is much slimmer and rounded off on bottom.

ETA: Looks like the CAT has the same forend width as the Sportsman. 1.75". The Privateer has a slimmer forend at 1.51", but no cheekpiece like the Fieldcraft.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Last edited by 257heaven; 01/30/21.

Sent from my Dingleberry Handheld Wireless
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Great info, 257.

IC B2

D
dale06 Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
D
Thanks for comments.
Ordered one this morning.
Supposedly 10 week delivery.

NRA Patron
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've got an adjustable Hunter coming in this evening. Will try to post pics.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Just got in two more privateers. Their lightest stock. Both came in 5oz over listed weight. Weighed 29oz. Inletting was better on these two.

I spoke to AG’s customer service about a few stocks being over advertised weight, they want everyone to know if you have any issues to please contact them!

My first privateer I had a minor hiccup. It wasn’t AG’s fault but they sent me a shipping label, took care of the issue and sent it right back. Customer service sells products, I ordered two more.

Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ordered my first last week, excited to get it. Alpine Hunter for Bergara build that got a little out of control.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think AG has a problem with milling the rear of the bottom inlet, at least for M4 DBM. Both I have received so far have a step up about 3/4” from the rear of the inlet. Like they didn’t run the end mill all the way to the end of the inlet.

Anybody else see that? And did you go ahead and Dremel it down so it’s all even? Or leave the step up?

The first one, I Dremeled it down, and there’s still a little play With the mag between the release lever and the feed rails. I think it can go a little deeper.

I checked the AG against a Manners I have for M4, and sure enough, there was more space on the AG, i.e.: the rear pillar was longer on the AG.

IC B3

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by 257heaven
I think AG has a problem with milling the rear of the bottom inlet, at least for M4 DBM. Both I have received so far have a step up about 3/4” from the rear of the inlet. Like they didn’t run the end mill all the way to the end of the inlet.

Anybody else see that? And did you go ahead and Dremel it down so it’s all even? Or leave the step up?

The first one, I Dremeled it down, and there’s still a little play With the mag between the release lever and the feed rails. I think it can go a little deeper.

I checked the AG against a Manners I have for M4, and sure enough, there was more space on the AG, i.e.: the rear pillar was longer on the AG.

I did notice a slight step up, I just left it.

In regards to the mag release. I have a ptg flush mount m5 and a Hawkins flush mount m5. The mag release on the Hawkins is slightly longer or “deeper in the mag well” than the ptg.
So the ptg may rattle a touch and the Hawkins is tight.

Last edited by wagner; 02/02/21.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wagner
Originally Posted by 257heaven

I did notice a slight step up, I just left it.

In regards to the mag catch. I have a ptg flush mount m5 and a Hawkins flush mount m5. The mag catch on the Hawkins is slightly longer or “deeper in the mag well” than the ptg.
So the ptg may rattle a touch and the Hawkins is tight.

Thanks for the info. I just thought it was weird that the step up involved the pillar, with part of the pillar shorter than the rest. I'll see how they feed and adjust accordingly.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Adjustable mag catches such as the Zermatt Rim x, saves a lot of heartache!

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
CAT is identical to the fieldcraft stock.

They seem plenty stiff if a bit chunky.

Gayer then aids wildcat won’t ship to the states anymore.

A bit diy but 20oz for 330$ and some epoxy/paint and a 50 cent flip flop didn’t suck.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
CAT is identical to the fieldcraft stock.

They seem plenty stiff if a bit chunky.

Gayer then aids wildcat won’t ship to the states anymore.

A bit diy but 20oz for 330$ and some epoxy/paint and a 50 cent flip flop didn’t suck.

I thought the fieldcraft stock was proprietary but the CAT was close - I don’t have a CAT to compare but it sounds like you did?

Agree on wildcat shipping. 👎

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
Yeah I had both. Couldn’t tell the difference.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Had an Alpine Hunter. Sold it. In comparing it to a side-by-side with McM Game Hunter and the Mesa Attitude, the 'squarish' bottom of the forend is what turned me off.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
the chalkbranch has a bevel-bottom foreend....

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Had an Alpine Hunter. Sold it. In comparing it to a side-by-side with McM Game Hunter and the Mesa Attitude, the 'squarish' bottom of the forend is what turned me off.

Just goes to show, everyone is different. The forearm profile is one of my favorite things about the Alpine. I find the Game Hunter is too rounded, making it harder to mount picatinny and Arca rails to..and it just doesn't ride a bag or pack as well.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
is the only difference between the sportsman and CAT the shadow cheek piece?

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

318 members (1_deuce, 10gaugemag, 264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 2five7, 39 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 1,077 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,609
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.