Hop To
#15658105 01/14/21
J
JCR Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
J
From what I have seen personally and with the relatively few people that I have talked to, this Coivid-19 pandemic has not seemed worse than other flu seasons. Many that tested positive had no symptoms, and the people that did, their symptoms were typical of the flu. Nobody that I know has died.

I was surprised when I read the article, then posted. I should not have. I deleted the link.

Last edited by JCR; 01/15/21. Reason: false information
BP-B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Does tinfoil make you warmer or cooler in the summer?

A
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
Please go volunteer at your local hospital. They could use the help for some unknown reason. No PPE required wink

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Come on guys. JCR read it in the it's got to be true.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

The only way you could get governments all around the world to collude on something like that is if aliens had landed...otherwise some would be jockeying for a better position to shaft others.

The covid exists...how much of a threat it is remains to be seen.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I was unaware that the Republic of Ireland was on the front line of virology research and vaccine development.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well they're wrong. I've had Covid 19 and it's the worst thing I've ever had. The flu is a lot more fun.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It does exist, I had it too. What a stupid thing to write

Beware of any old man in a profession where one usually dies young.

Calm seas don't make sailors.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by 19352012
Does tinfoil make you warmer or cooler in the summer?

My gut reaction is to say cooler since it would help to reflect direct sunlight but when I think about it, it would also help to reflect your body heat back to you and the body loses most of it's heat through the head so I'm inclined to say warmer.

Yea..... definitely warmer

Last edited by Soulfly; 01/15/21.

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Daughter lives in Sligo area of Ireland and they’re still in county quarantine. That reporter is a wacko for sure. Wife and I both had COVID over the holidays and it ain’t no fun for sure.

"You may all go to Hell, and I will go to Texas" - Davy Crockett
IC B3

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
112 posts here in 16 years, and that was one of them.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Do you guys just hold down Shift or do you use Caps Lock?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Do you guys just hold down Shift or do you use Caps Lock?

Oh caps lock for sure

A lap dance is sooooo much better when the stripper is crying
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
What ever it was that caused me the lose of taste and smell seemed real enough. Which by the way, my taste and smell still isn’t completely recovered.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Originally Posted by JCR
From what I have seen personally and with the relatively few people that I have talked to, this Coivid-19 pandemic has not seemed worse than other flu seasons. Many that tested positive had no symptoms, and the people that did, their symptoms were typical of the flu. Nobody that I know has died.

I was surprised when I read the article, then posted. I should not have. I deleted the link.

Your exposure is limited.

I have never known in my 64 years anyone hospitalized for the flu.

First, I will state Covid is NO threat to National Security and response across the nation has done more damage to the nation than benefit, and has been done for political gain.

But Covid is not "just the flu" let alone just a cold in many cases. I know personally three who have been hospitalized for Covid in the last six months. This is three out of sixty six in our workplace. Two more stayed at home with O2 sat numbers as low as 80% for several days when they really should have been in the hospital.

And lastly one 64 year old acquaintance, best friend to my sister in law, was buried last week. He went to the hospital with Covid and died. I never knew anybody before who died from the flu.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
This is a perfect time for some Mark Twain quotes:

"The trouble with the world is not that people know too little; it's that they know so many things that just aren't so."

"Just because you’re taught that something’s right and everyone believes it’s right, it don’t make it right."

"Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect."

"No amount of evidence will ever persuade an idiot."

"How easy it is to make people believe a lie, and [how] hard it is to undo that work again!"

"Consider the average intelligence of the common man, then realize 50% are even stupider."

"Never let the truth get in the way of a good story."

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience."

And for good measure:

"When the doctrine of allegiance to party can utterly up-end a man's moral constitution and make a temporary fool of him besides, what excuse are you going to offer for preaching it, teaching it, extending it, perpetuating it? Shall you say, the best good of the country demands allegiance to party? Shall you also say it demands that a man kick his truth and his conscience into the gutter, and become a mouthing lunatic, besides?"

Now please, feel free to continue your ignorant, inane mental meandering about what you've been told is true.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
It sounds like you have to prove you've had COVID to get the next government check.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
589 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 56 invisible), 2,403 guests, and 1,112 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,217
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.