Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by dimecovers5
Do Aussies have nukes?

Nah... No one will give us any dimecovers5.

We just rely on you guys to send the Nukes if needed.

GB1

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
I'm glad to hear other's beliefs in #1 buckshot. You can't tell the younger cats around here in my neck of the woods a damn thing - they are all about "double aught" (#00). Just won't listen to us old farts who have experience.

I think it's a case of seeing is believing Triggernosis. Also the retailers always push the bigger stuff. I guess bigger sounds better. Just not in this case.😁

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I'm glad to hear other's beliefs in #1 buckshot. You can't tell the younger cats around here in my neck of the woods a damn thing - they are all about "double aught" (#00). Just won't listen to us old farts who have experience.

And impossible to find loaded.
I just got done setting a guy up. He uses #1 or #2
He hates to use Double Aught....now he doesn’t have to! Lol

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Enjoyed the video, looks like a blast.
My only comment on the video is that the large text in the middle of the screen was a bit distracting. Smaller text at the bottom would be better.
Let us know when you post up new vids.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by 257_X_50

I have mentioned it on 24hourcampfire before.

We use something a little smaller again than #1 Buckshot. They call it AAA Buckshot hear.

The Exact load I use often is Eley Alphamax 36gr AAA. It works a treat. But I don't think it's available in the USA from what I'm told.

The Video I put on this thread is not the best example as I wasn't using AAA in this one. Watch my other Video Called Hog muster 3 on my YouTube Channel to see the AAA in action.

IC B2

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
I'm using AAA in this Video. They go down dead with these...💯

Watch "Australian Feral Pig Muster 3. Wild Boar Hunt Australia." on YouTube
https://youtu.be/kDqZ6Qqo5QM

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by NVhntr
Enjoyed the video, looks like a blast.
My only comment on the video is that the large text in the middle of the screen was a bit distracting. Smaller text at the bottom would be better.
Let us know when you post up new vids.

Thanks for the feedback NVhntr.

I hear you in regards to the Text size. Also the length of time its on the screen is a pain. I can't actually adjust the size, where its located, or length using the Gopro app on my phone.

I need to buy a decent computer so I have more editing options.

Doing it on my phone is very limited.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a hoot! I bet you are sore after a day bouncing around and shooting like that. I always get a kick out of hearing you guys talk down there! Farts sound the same down there as they do here...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
That looks a lot like what we do in the winter to coyotes on snow mobiles. Lots of fun. Very dangerous. Usually one guy is the hazer and one guy is the shooter. An AR15 or a shotgun using #4 buck works best.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Looks like a hoot! Reminds me of chasing jacks through the cedars as a kid from the back of an FJ40 landcruiser. Old man and his buddy would have a couple "sundowners" with dinner, wait for dark, pile us kids in the back of the FJ40, turn on the KC's, and go out chasing jacks in the cedars.

Holy hell, could not get away with that these days!

Guns are responsible for killing as much as Rosie O'Donnel's fork is responsible for her being FAT.
IC B3

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by OzzyHunter
The Exact load I use often is Eley Alphamax 36gr AAA. It works a treat. But I don't think it's available in the USA from what I'm told.

According to the charts I've seen, Aussie AAA shot is the equivalent of American T shot. 0.20", or 5.16mm.

I don't see T shot around my neck of the woods in factory shells. Not in lead, anyway.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by OldHat
I thought you guys used boomerangs.

What do you call a boomerang that doesn't come back?

A stick.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

We use something a little smaller again than #1 Buckshot. They call it AAA Buckshot hear.

The Video I put on this thread is not the best example as I wasn't using AAA in this one. Watch my other Video Called Hog muster 3 on my YouTube Channel to see the AAA in action.

Do you buy your ammo or does the Govt buy it for you? I'm guessing it gets a bit spendy if you buy your own.

Last edited by ryoushi; 01/14/21.
O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by ryoushi

Do you buy your ammo or does the Govt buy it for you? I'm guessing it gets a bit spendy if you buy your own.

No the government doesn't buy my ammo.

The Farmers generally pay and supply for my Ammo and fuel.

That AAA ammo. We can normally source it for about $150 Au per 250 rounds. It's not to bad.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by NMiller
Looks like a hoot! I bet you are sore after a day bouncing around and shooting like that. I always get a kick out of hearing you guys talk down there! Farts sound the same down there as they do here...

Haha... Yeah we do get a little knocked around... depends how many drains and holes we hit. But it's all part of the fun.

When I went to Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, and California in 2012 for a few weeks. I found many people over there couldn't even understand us. Hopefully we are making sense on the video.

I reckon those farts probably smell similar there too.😊

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by DaveR
Looks like a hoot! Reminds me of chasing jacks through the cedars as a kid from the back of an FJ40 landcruiser. Old man and his buddy would have a couple "sundowners" with dinner, wait for dark, pile us kids in the back of the FJ40, turn on the KC's, and go out chasing jacks in the cedars.

Holy hell, could not get away with that these days!

Sounds like glory days there DaveR.

I'm guessing Jacks are Jack Rabbits right?

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by TwoEyedJack
That looks a lot like what we do in the winter to coyotes on snow mobiles. Lots of fun. Very dangerous. Usually one guy is the hazer and one guy is the shooter. An AR15 or a shotgun using #4 buck works best.

Sounds Similar alright.

We double up on motorcycles sometimes and chase hogs aswell.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I would do that in a new york minute. Do you have trouble getting ammo over there?

L
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
L
That looks like more fun than a toddler in a room full of bouncy balls! If I ever got a chance to go down under, I'd want to look you guys up! Great video, it was fun to watch.

O
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
O
Originally Posted by DouginLa
I would do that in a new york minute. Do you have trouble getting ammo over there?

Ammo prices have gone up considerably the last few months. I normally buy in Bulk when I see a special so I haven't had to buy any for a long time. I'm fairly sure you can get most ammo here atm. Just a little more expensive than usual due to the shortage out of the USA.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

558 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 160user, 1lesfox, 1Longbow, 11point, 49 invisible), 2,576 guests, and 1,247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,361
Posts18,468,985
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.