24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah. I still have a few play guns, but the for real fighting guns are for real fighting guns.

And body armor

And Individual First Aid Kits

And comms

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
ARIC

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Here's this one. It checks a lot of boxes for me.

13.7" SOLGW upper
Pinned SF brake with a Warden
Aero lower with a SOLGW trigger and Geissele LPK
Springco white-hot spring and H buffer
B5 stock, K2 grip, Magpul sling
SF Scout Ultra in a Frank Proctor direct mount
Steiner P4Xi with Magpul BUIS

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
A couple Rock Rivers

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a drill that I think could be more useful than bench shooting for EOTWAWKI. This was a hit on a C-Zone and a hit on a 6" plate from each position. A good goal, IMO, would be a hit on the C-Zone within 3 seconds of getting into each position. I shot this at 100, 150, and 200 yards. From the last two positions at 200 I really struggled with the 6" plate. I don't believe I got a hit from the very last position for sure.

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Bluedreaux,
I just wish I could get up and down half as fast as you. The shooting is secondary.

Thanks, Dinny

Medics bury their mistakes..
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Miniguns are more fun and remarkably effective.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Blue you still like the nitrided barrel in the SOLGW upper? How many rounds do you think one of them is good for?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s fine. Running just like new. I have no idea how long it’ll last.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by DigitalDan

Watched Predator Sunday with my son who’s never seen it (15)
He’s still talking about Jesse Ventura and that mini gun.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Tell your son not to get too excited. There ain’t no way on earth that a man would remain standing due to the recoil.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B3

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jackmountain

Watched Predator Sunday with my son who’s never seen it (15)
He’s still talking about Jesse Ventura and that mini gun.

Ol’ painless...

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
My wife would probably trade the AR for the TP if we ran out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tell your son not to get too excited. There ain’t no way on earth that a man would remain standing due to the recoil.

Come on DD, that is the GUV Jesse we talking about! He could it with just his mouth!😂
Still one of my all time fav's. Wore out 2 vhs and one dvd. Watch until they slaughter the rebel base go to sleep and wake up to Arnold covered with ash, flying off. Dont make them any more.

Last edited by deerstalker; 01/13/21.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Alright, lets have it. Show me your best SHTF rifle and tell me why you think its the best. There's always a lot of talk about these rifles and how they never fail. My rifles dont fail me either, but some here think they are only good off the bench. This bs coming from the guys that have never had to shoot against me. ha ha.. This can be a fun thread. Lets see what you got. I'm thinking one of my favorites is my Northtech defense. It shoots everything accurately. Yeah, I know it has a 20" barrel, but it gets the job done. Just for chidts and giggles:

Less than 8 seconds on target downrange in preparation for one of my AR shoots. Yeah, the bigshots from Portland and Vancouver got their chidt stomped that day. Just sayin whistle:
This rifle is fast and smooth and has never had a hiccup. Not one in over 3,000+ rounds downrange with it. It likes just about every kind of ammo I've tried in it. It isn't finicky... Excellent for chidt hitting the fan scenarios, if you will...

Same rifle in the Carl Ross positional match. Its the High score rifle in that event, where guys like Formid also shot..

I like the idea of an AR10 for a SHTF rifle, but it just doesn't send rounds downrange as fast as the .223/556 does:
Its accurate enough and would make a hell of a good longrange SHTF rifle, but for up close and personal, I'd take my lighter ar15 over the AR10. Don't be bashful, post yours up. This isn't about shooting 10 shot groups, but if you can put them all in the x ring in under 8 seconds, I'll give you bonus points...

Are you bragging, or taking two big leaps out of the closet?

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
In an effort to contribute, I'll offer this.

A SHTF rifle is a rifle that would presumably be used to fire at other people who also have rifles in a situation of societal collapse. And it will likely happen within 200 yards.

To accomplish that, the rifle, and you, need to have the following characteristics:
1--It's gotta be reliable. Not mostly reliable. Absolutely reliable, no matter what. Part of reliability is that it should be made of parts that won't break and are assembled in a way to eliminate the likelihood that it will fail.

2--You need to be able to see what you're shooting at. If you're going to encounter bad guys doing bad things, the likelihood of you encountering them in the dark is very, very high. A fighting rifle should have illumination. Preferably illumination with more throw than spill. I like mine as close to 12 o'clock as I can get it.

3--Once you can see it you need to be able to discriminate if you should shoot it or not. Societal collapse involves lots of good guys and bad guys all mixed in together, or folks that move freely between those two and look like each other. Or folks that are partially obscured behind cover or concealment. Magnified optics are great for that. Good optics are very reliable and work even without batteries. 4x on the top end would be good, 6x or 8x would be better. The low end being very low is more important than having 6x or 8x. A generous field of view and very generous eye box are more important than high end magnification. Set it up to work from 25-100 all the time from any position, and build up from there.

4--You need to be able to retain it. That nonsense in Kenosha brings that out. A sling isn't optional. I prefer an adjustable two point sling. I like the Magpul.

5--It needs to be "accurate". This is the bottom of the list. SHTF scenarios would theoretically be mostly defensive in nature. As such, a shot anywhere on a person, or likely even real close to a person, would be enough to stop them. As much as we don't want to admit it, a 3MOA rifle would be more than accurate enough for defensive purposes. By that, I mean 3MOA on demand from field positions. Accuracy is a function of the rifle and shooter. This is the thing we obsess over the most, which is probably the least important. We should probably obsess more on our field shooting than our rifle's accuracy potential.

6--It should be reasonably portable. 16" guns can work. Shorter is more better.

Everything else, IMO, is lagniappe. I want a reliable rifle, with a sight and light that lets me see what I'm shooting at, that I can keep with me, that I can use to hit a 6" target at 200 yards.

Worth repeating.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The rifle & TP reminded me I did have a pic of my best one.

Rock River lower with 2 stage match trigger. Windham Maine Bushmaster H-bar, chrome line, fluted. YHM flip up front w/tritium, MBUS rear. 1.5-5 Leupold.
Changed the stock to a MP CTR & added a Vickers sling.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
You need that square body in the pic.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by GreatWaputi
You need that square body in the pic.

You ain't joking. Gunzo is holding out the last good thing.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Not a close up, but how bout 2 square bodies? Black Dog on the left, Black & Tan on the right.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
10.5" LWRC Piston upper, SBR.
Light, 1-4 power scope.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
200 members (257 mag, 12344mag, 300jimmy, 10Glocks, 300_savage, 2UP, 16 invisible), 1,548 guests, and 867 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,592
Posts18,397,911
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.