Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
rlott Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Every morning I marvel at my new Kohler's ability to gulp down a Peterbuilt with a shotglass of water. Amazing.

GB1

Campfire Savant
Online Content
Campfire Savant
They tend to make your sewer line stop up, because you aren’t moving much water through the line. New buildings come with low flow parts in the flush valves. The first thing we do is put parts in to increase water flow. They are good in theory, but ain’t worth a cshit in commercial buildings. I hate unstopping toilets and stopped up sewers. I pay 3.00 for a thousand gallons of water. That means I can flush my toilet at my house 333 times for three bucks, compared to 666 times with a low flow toilet. I doubt if wifey and I flush 6 dollars of water down the toilet in a month. You aren’t really saving much.

But what the hell do I know??

Last edited by hanco; 01/15/21.
W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I like our Mansfield.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
The cure for low flow toilet problems is a 5 gallon bucket. Keep one handy and prevent problems.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by hanco
They tend to make your sewer line stop up, because you aren’t moving much water through the line. New buildings come with low flow parts in the flush valves. The first thing we do is put parts in to increase water flow. They are good in theory, but ain’t worth a cshit in commercial buildings. I hate unstopping toilets and stopped up sewers. I pay 3.00 for a thousand gallons of water. That means I can flush my toilet at my house 333 times for three bucks, compared to 666 times with a low flow toilet. I doubt if wifey and I flush 6 dollars of water down the toilet in a month. You aren’t really saving much.

yeah, well you're ruining the environment and making the world a desert.

Or something.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
Same here. We just bought two and in one of the demo videos I watched it showed them flushing a bucket of golf balls.

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by rlott
Every morning I marvel at my new Kohler's ability to gulp down a Peterbuilt with a shotglass of water. Amazing.

Koehler revolutionized toilets with the wide flapper that hits the bowl with more water at once and is extremely efficient.

Most people however don’t know how to change the flapping seal (which is just a ring of rubber on the canister like flapper).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Same here. We just bought two and in one of the demo videos I watched it showed them flushing a bucket of golf balls.

Seems golf balls might roll on their own down a waste pipe, turds and paper require water to move them along.

Paying attention to the plumber will cost less in the long run.

Originally Posted by hanco

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
The idiots in WDC have a habit of passing catch all regulations. They might be needed for some but they pass them for everyone, even when not needed. I can see that some big cities have water shortages and that some changes needed to be made, like low flow toilets, showers, and kitchen faucets. So, the geniuses in WDC forced them on everyone, needed or not. We have a well and septic. All the water that goes down our drains ends up back in the ground., no net loss to the aquifer. I really hate standing in front of the sink waiting for it to fill because some genius decided that I shouldn't get more than 2 gal/min out of a faucet. It doesn't save any water. It only costs me time waiting for it.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
They never show those golf balls going 30 feet through a sewer line, not to mention the trap with a wad of tissue. It is a monthly at minimum t to pour that 5 gallon bucket through every drain in my home.

1.6 x 3 flushes to go clean is pretty much 5 gallons.

Do not forget the water saving kitchen faucet that takes forever to fill a pot and will not flush a garbage disposal. I compost almost everything.

IC B3

S
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
S
I just go to the neighbors and do an upper decker.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
. All the water that goes down our drains ends up back in the ground., no net loss to the aquifer.

And you think these guys know how that works?

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

That's the one I got also. So far it's batting 1000. Never had to flush it twice to get it to empty and it's had some log jams in it.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
C
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
C
I live in Mississippi, I can kick my boot heel in the ground and strike water. The last thing I need is low flow anything, we've got water everywhere.

If you live in a desert like California or Arizona then I can see worrying about water availability, but I don't choose to live in a desert. I've got to deal with toilets that won't flush a man turd because some idiots in D.C. thinks the entire country has a water shortage.

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Upon installation of two new 17.5 inch seat height toilets in our house, I changed out the drain valve to a new one that sits 3 inches closer to the bottom of the tank. And put in new adjustable fill valves which allow three additional inches of fill depth in the tank.

Those bitches will take the Peterbuilt AND the 53 foot trailer. No 2'nd flushes required. I don't think it even costs a penny to pump the water for a flush.

Oh, the low flow restrictors in the faucets and showers are removable. My daughter comes over and marvels at the flow rate in our kitchen sink.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Oh, the low flow restrictors in the faucets and showers are removable. My daughter comes over and marvels at the flow rate in our kitchen sink.
Some, yes, but not all of them.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

"Low flush" and "toilet" should never be used in the
same sentence.

- Rogue
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
My Toto's just flat work with little water use and no issues in 12 years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Time for the gastroenterologist..

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
I've got the American Standard "Ferguson" I defeated the low flow trigger mechanism on the high flow flush valve. It started life timid but, it is monster now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 163bc, 10Glocks, 160user, 56 invisible), 2,300 guests, and 1,311 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,233
Posts18,466,666
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.