24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
My wife is diabetic and is determined to find a diet that will control her glucose without taking pills or shots. Of course what she eats, I eat. I have discovered this about all the diets on the web:

eat eggs, you die
drink milk, you die
eat grains, you die
eat sugar, you die
eat broccoli, you don't die but you wish you could
drink coffee, you die
eat fruit, you die
eat nothing, you die That's probably the most painful death of all but your glucose is nice and low

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
BP-B2

D
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
D
I eat what ever I want in moderation.

NRA Patron
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My dad trained his dog to not eat. He had Chomper damn near trained and then he up and died.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Take a look at carb cycling. My wife's entire family is diabetic and it's worked for all of them. I have no problem eating what she eats.

------------------------
John
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
As far as no food. We called it the 3W diet back in the 80's. Weed, water, and Wiedemann (an awful beer you could get for $4.00/case from Pittsburgh Brewing Company).

edited to get rid of a [bleep]

Last edited by jmh3; 01/15/21.

------------------------
John
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hard to avoid sugar altogether. I did stop drinking sodas, & started exercising. Lost 40 lbs & feel better. I'm not a diabetic though. I think moderation is key as mentioned earlier in thread.

Romans 5:1
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
You forgot to add salt to your list of things that will kill you if you eat them. grin

Actually, it's mainly about proportions. Keep starch, sugar, salt, processed foods, low, eliminate trans-fats, and otherwise have a varied diet, and you are good to go. Nothing wrong with most of the stuff doctors were warning us about for the last fifty years, e.g., eggs, red meat, butter, cream, etc.. That was all the influence of the grain producers over the medical profession trying to get us on a grain and vegetable oil based diet, so they gained control over the medical profession and trained doctors to transmit the message that traditional foods like milk, butter, meat, eggs, were bad for you. Quite the contrary. Those are healthy. What you should avoid are the foods the grain producers want us to consume in mass quantities, i.e., grains, canola oil, corn oil, sugar, high fructose corn syrup, etc..

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by jmh3
As far as no food. We called it the 3W diet back in the 80's. Weed, water, and Wiedemann (an awful beer you could get for $4.00/case from Pittsburgh Brewing Company).

edited to get rid of a [bleep]

I used to be a devout follower of the OWL (only weed and liquor) diet, which is perhaps a spin-off of yours..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I read somewhere that every slice of bacon takes five minutes off your life. If that’s true I should’ve died in 1792.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by mart
I read somewhere that every slice of bacon takes five minutes off your life. If that’s true I should’ve died in 1792.

LOL

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I've been on a low carb diet for two years.

I lost 30 lbs and that's good enough for me!

I had to give up beer, but switched to a wee bit of Scotch whisky.

Cut way back on bread, and am eating more veggies.

My blood sugar and colesteral (SP?) as well as blood pressure dropped greatly.

Plus, i seem to have more energy.

Works for me! Virgil B.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
A person who couldn't eat themselves into obesity following the famous USDA food pyramid...had something wrong with them. I always thought the "national nutritional guidelines (for death)" were designed to kill us boomers to keep social security solvent.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by flintlocke
A person who couldn't eat themselves into obesity following the famous USDA food pyramid...had something wrong with them. I always thought the "national nutritional guidelines (for death)" were designed to kill us boomers to keep social security solvent.

The Food Pyramid only works if you are training like Michael Phelps and burning loads of calories a day through strenuous activity. Not much of that going around these days...

I've seen folks lose fat and get off all kinds of meds by dumping the prepackaged junk meals, fast food, the sweets, the extra grains/starches, the sugary drinks, and focusing on getting their calories mainly from vegetables, meats, eggs, some fruit, and some complex starches. The more sedentary or overweight you are, the less fruit and starch you really need. Like others mention, cycling that a couple times a week can be much more healthy and quite livable. Maybe you are low carb for two days, and then have a day with some meals with more significant carb counts. Then start over. Lots of people use this to keep bodyfat down in the modern age.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The food pyramid NEVER works, unless you are willing to eat less than maintenance level of calories (be hungry all the time) if you are sedentary. It gets worse when you are an athlete or someone who does hard physical labor. Several Olympic level endurance athletes became pre-diabetic due to the whole "carb loading" thing.

You just can't stuff that many carbs into the human body and not create problems.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by mart
lmao

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular

This book would be a good read for you. In short, the author is an advocate of fewer grains, more meat and veggies, eggs, butter, etc.

"Wheat Belly"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If u stand a slice of pizza up on the outside crust.......that be my food pyramid !

I work harder than a ugly stripper....

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (06hunter59, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 16penny, 73 invisible), 2,771 guests, and 1,324 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,627
Posts18,398,735
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.