24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Censorship by Social Media #15658894 01/15/21
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,415
OMCHamlin Online Content OP
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,415
I have said to people in my circle of friends repeatedly, that nothing about this scares me more then the censorship that is being brought about by "big tech".

Here's the thing though, we (not me actually, never have) willingly signed up on each of these platforms. We (conservatives) need to simply leave social media in total, at least until we can get a foothold on a true, non-biased social media platform.
Hell, if you look at it, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, all of them are VOLUNTARY. Put another way, it's we're like Jews fighting and clawing our way up the ramp to find a "good spot" in the cattle car. WTF?

Break your addiction. Stop! Stop going there, there IS life without Facebook!


Okay, I've said my piece, queue up the "it's not that simple" crowd... (because somehow, I'm sure it's not confused)

BP-B2

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: OMCHamlin] #15658956 01/15/21
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 17,132
16bore Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 17,132
Funny how any post about the democrats is a Russian bot, but any post about Republicans is absolute truth.

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: OMCHamlin] #15659013 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
JimFromTN Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
The reason for censorship by social media, which is their right because they are private companies, is that certain "Hate" groups were using social media to spread their message as well as to organize events like the storming of the capitol and the charlottesville event that the woman was killed by the lunatic in the car. In addition, people are using it to spread misinformation not to mention absolute lies that can incite violence or at least sway public opinion. The fact that they are private companies means they are into making money. If they don't ban these hate groups, hate speech, misinformation, and down right lies then the other 90% of their customers who don't approve of it will start pulling out. They also could possibly be held liable if their platform is used to encourage criminal behavior. They are gambling that censorship will save them the most money in the long run. I am sure the billion dollar companies have actuaries working on it right now to determine how far they need to go with it.

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659026 01/15/21
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 963
jmh3 Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Dec 2016
Posts: 963
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
The reason for censorship by social media, which is their right because they are private companies, is that certain "Hate" groups were using social media to spread their message as well as to organize events like the storming of the capitol and the charlottesville event that the woman was killed by the lunatic in the car. In addition, people are using it to spread misinformation not to mention absolute lies that can incite violence or at least sway public opinion. The fact that they are private companies means they are into making money. If they don't ban these hate groups, hate speech, misinformation, and down right lies then the other 90% of their customers who don't approve of it will start pulling out. They also could possibly be held liable if their platform is used to encourage criminal behavior. They are gambling that censorship will save them the most money in the long run. I am sure the billion dollar companies have actuaries working on it right now to determine how far they need to go with it.



I've seen more than a few outright lies from the other side not be banned or censored.


------------------------
John
Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: OMCHamlin] #15659027 01/15/21
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 54,110
Redneck Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 54,110
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
I have said to people in my circle of friends repeatedly, that nothing about this scares me more then the censorship that is being brought about by "big tech".

Here's the thing though, we (not me actually, never have) willingly signed up on each of these platforms. We (conservatives) need to simply leave social media in total, at least until we can get a foothold on a true, non-biased social media platform.
Hell, if you look at it, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, all of them are VOLUNTARY. Put another way, it's we're like Jews fighting and clawing our way up the ramp to find a "good spot" in the cattle car. WTF?

Break your addiction. Stop! Stop going there, there IS life without Facebook!
Agreed... I was, for a time, on Twitter.. Gave it up when they got mad at me for sayin' the FLIP should be standing in front of a cement wall, blindfolded and facing a squad of riflemen.. They HATE the truth.. So EFF 'em all...


NRA Benefactor member.

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69

Gunsmith since '98.

Pro-Constitution.

Molon Labe..
IC-A

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659040 01/15/21
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,089
S
shootem Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 8,089
You’re so full of chit you’re eyes are brown. Just go somewhere and end your miserable life. Animals need the oxygen you waste.


Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659041 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 23,829
O
Old_Toot Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
O
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 23,829
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
The reason for censorship by social media, which is their right because they are private companies, is that certain "Hate" groups were using social media to spread their message as well as to organize events like the storming of the capitol and the charlottesville event that the woman was killed by the lunatic in the car. In addition, people are using it to spread misinformation not to mention absolute lies that can incite violence or at least sway public opinion. The fact that they are private companies means they are into making money. If they don't ban these hate groups, hate speech, misinformation, and down right lies then the other 90% of their customers who don't approve of it will start pulling out. They also could possibly be held liable if their platform is used to encourage criminal behavior. They are gambling that censorship will save them the most money in the long run. I am sure the billion dollar companies have actuaries working on it right now to determine how far they need to go with it.


They are in the public domain using public airways.

You have a privately owned bakery and you refuse to bake a cake for a Gay wedding. How did that work out?

You have a private bar and you refuse service to Black people. How would that work out?


The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: OMCHamlin] #15659042 01/15/21
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,611
JPro Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Dec 2004
Posts: 13,611
The problem is that the "hate" group balance has made a large shift in the last five decades. Under the broad umbrella of "hate" activity, is there still white supremacy and such? Of course, but it makes up a much smaller portion of the overall than it used to. It seems like much of the "hate" these days comes from the other side of the aisle, yet the old white supremacy example gets trotted out all the time with a small handful of actual evidence, while the volumes of other evidence is overlooked on purpose. America sees this, much like the "Cops shoot unarmed minorities" dogma. Do unarmed minorities get shot by cops? Of course, but the TV and internet would have you believe that it happens 5 times a day in all the major US cities. America sees this too. If the numbers added up, it would make sense that "hate groups" and "racist cops" are the problem, but the numbers simply don't show that. America knows this. The country I live in, by and large, is a much less racist place these days than when I was a kid 30 years ago. I'm talking real life here. Watching the MSM, you'd think is was up 200%.


Now with even more aplomb
Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659054 01/15/21
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,804
Stickfight Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,804
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
which is their right because they are private companies


You LOLbertarians are like children.

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: Old_Toot] #15659064 01/15/21
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 104,924
T
The_Real_Hawkeye Offline
Campfire Oracle
Offline
Campfire Oracle
T
Joined: Jun 2002
Posts: 104,924
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
They are in the public domain using public airways.

You have a privately owned bakery and you refuse to bake a cake for a Gay wedding. How did that work out?

You have a private bar and you refuse service to Black people. How would that work out?

This.


"Our prayers are with the family of George Floyd, and our prayers are also with the family of Ahmaud Arbery in Georgia. We have no tolerance for racism in America. We have no tolerance for violence inspired by racism."

- Mike Pence
IC-B

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: The_Real_Hawkeye] #15659075 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
JimFromTN Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
They are in the public domain using public airways.

You have a privately owned bakery and you refuse to bake a cake for a Gay wedding. How did that work out?

You have a private bar and you refuse service to Black people. How would that work out?

This.



Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists. What can you do?

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659079 01/15/21
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,930
aalf Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 13,930
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
*** You are ignoring this user ***


[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: OMCHamlin] #15659088 01/15/21
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,524
O
oldtrapper Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
O
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 13,524
Go check our the memes at Gab. Then join, now.


[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: OMCHamlin] #15659090 01/15/21
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,102
SockPuppet Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,102
White supremacists don't bake cakes for gay folks?


Would you experience immensely righteous fulfillment if I conceded to your condescending suspicions? -Northern Dave, 21st Century philosopher

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659097 01/15/21
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,804
Stickfight Offline
Campfire Guide
Offline
Campfire Guide
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,804
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists.


Q: How do you know they are White supremacists?
A: Because Faceberg told me they are!

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JPro] #15659117 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
JimFromTN Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by JPro
The problem is that the "hate" group balance has made a large shift in the last five decades. Under the broad umbrella of "hate" activity, is there still white supremacy and such? Of course, but it makes up a much smaller portion of the overall than it used to. It seems like much of the "hate" these days comes from the other side of the aisle, yet the old white supremacy example gets trotted out all the time with a small handful of actual evidence, while the volumes of other evidence is overlooked on purpose. America sees this, much like the "Cops shoot unarmed minorities" dogma. Do unarmed minorities get shot by cops? Of course, but the TV and internet would have you believe that it happens 5 times a day in all the major US cities. America sees this too. If the numbers added up, it would make sense that "hate groups" and "racist cops" are the problem, but the numbers simply don't show that. America knows this. The country I live in, by and large, is a much less racist place these days than when I was a kid 30 years ago. I'm talking real life here. Watching the MSM, you'd think is was up 200%.



Until social media, none of this has been in the public eye so they remained small and unnoticed. Extremist groups came into existence because of social media regardless of whether they were the boogie boys or antifa. Social media gave them a platform to grow. Social media is finally recognizing this and taking responsibility but as in most cases they maybe taking it too far. Newton's third law doesn't apply to just physics. As for cops shooting unarmed minorities, the numbers are not up, they are just being seen for the first time and people who did not realize it existed are taking notice.

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: Stickfight] #15659123 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
JimFromTN Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists.


Q: How do you know they are White supremacists?
A: Because Faceberg told me they are!



Because they say on their websites that they hate black people and jews?

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659138 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 23,829
O
Old_Toot Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
O
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 23,829
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Old_Toot
They are in the public domain using public airways.

You have a privately owned bakery and you refuse to bake a cake for a Gay wedding. How did that work out?

You have a private bar and you refuse service to Black people. How would that work out?

This.



Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists. What can you do?


You would be wrong in your assumptions.


The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: SockPuppet] #15659147 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
JimFromTN Offline
Campfire Regular
Offline
Campfire Regular
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 897
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
White supremacists don't bake cakes for gay folks?



Only they gay ones but most white supremacists don't like to talk about them.

Re: Censorship by Social Media [Re: JimFromTN] #15659148 01/15/21
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 23,829
O
Old_Toot Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Offline
Campfire Kahuna
O
Joined: Nov 2003
Posts: 23,829
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
Originally Posted by JPro
The problem is that the "hate" group balance has made a large shift in the last five decades. Under the broad umbrella of "hate" activity, is there still white supremacy and such? Of course, but it makes up a much smaller portion of the overall than it used to. It seems like much of the "hate" these days comes from the other side of the aisle, yet the old white supremacy example gets trotted out all the time with a small handful of actual evidence, while the volumes of other evidence is overlooked on purpose. America sees this, much like the "Cops shoot unarmed minorities" dogma. Do unarmed minorities get shot by cops? Of course, but the TV and internet would have you believe that it happens 5 times a day in all the major US cities. America sees this too. If the numbers added up, it would make sense that "hate groups" and "racist cops" are the problem, but the numbers simply don't show that. America knows this. The country I live in, by and large, is a much less racist place these days than when I was a kid 30 years ago. I'm talking real life here. Watching the MSM, you'd think is was up 200%.



Until social media, none of this has been in the public eye so they remained small and unnoticed. Extremist groups came into existence because of social media regardless of whether they were the boogie boys or antifa. Social media gave them a platform to grow. Social media is finally recognizing this and taking responsibility but as in most cases they maybe taking it too far. Newton's third law doesn't apply to just physics. As for cops shooting unarmed minorities, the numbers are not up, they are just being seen for the first time and people who did not realize it existed are taking notice.



One shoe doesn’t fit both feet, Jim. Your argument is totally one sided which puts it on the wrong side.


The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin, SYSOP 

RR1
Who's Online Now
534 registered members (160user, 10gaugemag, 1holeaddict, 21, 007FJ, 40 invisible), 1,161 guests, and 555 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
RR2/3




END RIGHT 300x250 AD TAG ZONE B5 -->






Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2020 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
 
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3
(Release build 20190728)
PHP: 7.3.27 Page Time: 0.052s Queries: 15 (0.005s) Memory: 0.8978 MB (Peak: 1.0826 MB) Data Comp: Zlib Server Time: 2021-02-28 13:16:07 UTC
Valid HTML 5 and Valid CSS