Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I have said to people in my circle of friends repeatedly, that nothing about this scares me more then the censorship that is being brought about by "big tech".

Here's the thing though, we (not me actually, never have) willingly signed up on each of these platforms. We (conservatives) need to simply leave social media in total, at least until we can get a foothold on a true, non-biased social media platform.
Hell, if you look at it, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, all of them are VOLUNTARY. Put another way, it's we're like Jews fighting and clawing our way up the ramp to find a "good spot" in the cattle car. WTF?

Break your addiction. Stop! Stop going there, there IS life without Facebook!

Okay, I've said my piece, queue up the "it's not that simple" crowd... (because somehow, I'm sure it's not confused)

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Funny how any post about the democrats is a Russian bot, but any post about Republicans is absolute truth.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
The reason for censorship by social media, which is their right because they are private companies, is that certain "Hate" groups were using social media to spread their message as well as to organize events like the storming of the capitol and the charlottesville event that the woman was killed by the lunatic in the car. In addition, people are using it to spread misinformation not to mention absolute lies that can incite violence or at least sway public opinion. The fact that they are private companies means they are into making money. If they don't ban these hate groups, hate speech, misinformation, and down right lies then the other 90% of their customers who don't approve of it will start pulling out. They also could possibly be held liable if their platform is used to encourage criminal behavior. They are gambling that censorship will save them the most money in the long run. I am sure the billion dollar companies have actuaries working on it right now to determine how far they need to go with it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by JimFromTN
The reason for censorship by social media, which is their right because they are private companies, is that certain "Hate" groups were using social media to spread their message as well as to organize events like the storming of the capitol and the charlottesville event that the woman was killed by the lunatic in the car. In addition, people are using it to spread misinformation not to mention absolute lies that can incite violence or at least sway public opinion. The fact that they are private companies means they are into making money. If they don't ban these hate groups, hate speech, misinformation, and down right lies then the other 90% of their customers who don't approve of it will start pulling out. They also could possibly be held liable if their platform is used to encourage criminal behavior. They are gambling that censorship will save them the most money in the long run. I am sure the billion dollar companies have actuaries working on it right now to determine how far they need to go with it.

I've seen more than a few outright lies from the other side not be banned or censored.

------------------------
John
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by OMCHamlin
I have said to people in my circle of friends repeatedly, that nothing about this scares me more then the censorship that is being brought about by "big tech".

Here's the thing though, we (not me actually, never have) willingly signed up on each of these platforms. We (conservatives) need to simply leave social media in total, at least until we can get a foothold on a true, non-biased social media platform.
Hell, if you look at it, Twitter, Facebook, Snapchat, all of them are VOLUNTARY. Put another way, it's we're like Jews fighting and clawing our way up the ramp to find a "good spot" in the cattle car. WTF?

Break your addiction. Stop! Stop going there, there IS life without Facebook!
Agreed... I was, for a time, on Twitter.. Gave it up when they got mad at me for sayin' the FLIP should be standing in front of a cement wall, blindfolded and facing a squad of riflemen.. They HATE the truth.. So EFF 'em all...

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
You’re so full of chit you’re eyes are brown. Just go somewhere and end your miserable life. Animals need the oxygen you waste.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

They are in the public domain using public airways.

You have a privately owned bakery and you refuse to bake a cake for a Gay wedding. How did that work out?

You have a private bar and you refuse service to Black people. How would that work out?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The problem is that the "hate" group balance has made a large shift in the last five decades. Under the broad umbrella of "hate" activity, is there still white supremacy and such? Of course, but it makes up a much smaller portion of the overall than it used to. It seems like much of the "hate" these days comes from the other side of the aisle, yet the old white supremacy example gets trotted out all the time with a small handful of actual evidence, while the volumes of other evidence is overlooked on purpose. America sees this, much like the "Cops shoot unarmed minorities" dogma. Do unarmed minorities get shot by cops? Of course, but the TV and internet would have you believe that it happens 5 times a day in all the major US cities. America sees this too. If the numbers added up, it would make sense that "hate groups" and "racist cops" are the problem, but the numbers simply don't show that. America knows this. The country I live in, by and large, is a much less racist place these days than when I was a kid 30 years ago. I'm talking real life here. Watching the MSM, you'd think is was up 200%.

Now with even more aplomb
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
which is their right because they are private companies

You LOLbertarians are like children.

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

You have a privately owned bakery and you refuse to bake a cake for a Gay wedding. How did that work out?

You have a private bar and you refuse service to Black people. How would that work out?

This.

IC B3

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

This.

Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists. What can you do?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
*** You are ignoring this user ***

[Linked Image from media.tenor.com]

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Go check our the memes at Gab. Then join, now.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Happy
Campfire Outfitter
White supremacists don't bake cakes for gay folks?

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists.

Q: How do you know they are White supremacists?
A: Because Faceberg told me they are!

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by JPro
The problem is that the "hate" group balance has made a large shift in the last five decades. Under the broad umbrella of "hate" activity, is there still white supremacy and such? Of course, but it makes up a much smaller portion of the overall than it used to. It seems like much of the "hate" these days comes from the other side of the aisle, yet the old white supremacy example gets trotted out all the time with a small handful of actual evidence, while the volumes of other evidence is overlooked on purpose. America sees this, much like the "Cops shoot unarmed minorities" dogma. Do unarmed minorities get shot by cops? Of course, but the TV and internet would have you believe that it happens 5 times a day in all the major US cities. America sees this too. If the numbers added up, it would make sense that "hate groups" and "racist cops" are the problem, but the numbers simply don't show that. America knows this. The country I live in, by and large, is a much less racist place these days than when I was a kid 30 years ago. I'm talking real life here. Watching the MSM, you'd think is was up 200%.

Until social media, none of this has been in the public eye so they remained small and unnoticed. Extremist groups came into existence because of social media regardless of whether they were the boogie boys or antifa. Social media gave them a platform to grow. Social media is finally recognizing this and taking responsibility but as in most cases they maybe taking it too far. Newton's third law doesn't apply to just physics. As for cops shooting unarmed minorities, the numbers are not up, they are just being seen for the first time and people who did not realize it existed are taking notice.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by Stickfight
Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists.

Q: How do you know they are White supremacists?
A: Because Faceberg told me they are!

Because they say on their websites that they hate black people and jews?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye

This.

Public opinion just isn't on the side of white supremacists. What can you do?

You would be wrong in your assumptions.

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Originally Posted by SockPuppet
White supremacists don't bake cakes for gay folks?

Only they gay ones but most white supremacists don't like to talk about them.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by JPro

Until social media, none of this has been in the public eye so they remained small and unnoticed. Extremist groups came into existence because of social media regardless of whether they were the boogie boys or antifa. Social media gave them a platform to grow. Social media is finally recognizing this and taking responsibility but as in most cases they maybe taking it too far. Newton's third law doesn't apply to just physics. As for cops shooting unarmed minorities, the numbers are not up, they are just being seen for the first time and people who did not realize it existed are taking notice.

One shoe doesn’t fit both feet, Jim. Your argument is totally one sided which puts it on the wrong side.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
665 members (163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,682 guests, and 1,195 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,346
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.