Originally Posted by wabigoon
So, who eats golf balls?

You can't drive a golf ball 300 yards?

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Originally Posted by hanco
They tend to make your sewer line stop up, because you aren’t moving much water through the line.

Yup. Better get you one of these:

[Linked Image]

N
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
N
So, who eats golf balls?

Well, I do, but a bucket at a time is just gluttony.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Upon installation of two new 17.5 inch seat height toilets in our house, I changed out the drain valve to a new one that sits 3 inches closer to the bottom of the tank. And put in new adjustable fill valves which allow three additional inches of fill depth in the tank.

Those bitches will take the Peterbuilt AND the 53 foot trailer. No 2'nd flushes required. I don't think it even costs a penny to pump the water for a flush.

Oh, the low flow restrictors in the faucets and showers are removable. My daughter comes over and marvels at the flow rate in our kitchen sink.

You can drill the hole in a shower head out to get more water through it. Some have a removable restriction washer. I took the washer out, drilled a bigger hole. Wifey has long thick hair. She was plenty happy.

Last edited by hanco; 01/15/21.
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
They tend to make your sewer line stop up, because you aren’t moving much water through the line. New buildings come with low flow parts in the flush valves. The first thing we do is put parts in to increase water flow. They are good in theory, but ain’t worth a cshit in commercial buildings. I hate unstopping toilets and stopped up sewers. I pay 3.00 for a thousand gallons of water. That means I can flush my toilet at my house 333 times for three bucks, compared to 666 times with a low flow toilet. I doubt if wifey and I flush 6 dollars of water down the toilet in a month. You aren’t really saving much.

But what the hell do I know??

just replumbed under a friends nephews house and laid a whole new sewer tap in with 3 inch due to these low flow issues.

If you are plumbed correctly it works. If not it doesn't

My old boss never understood and demanded 4 inch sewer lines on our inspections. I said NO not on new houses, its all by fixture units and the new ones are LOW Flow,

It means just what you said... but how he ever got an inspectors license and supposedly managed his CEUS always amazed me.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Upon installation of two new 17.5 inch seat height toilets in our house, I changed out the drain valve to a new one that sits 3 inches closer to the bottom of the tank. And put in new adjustable fill valves which allow three additional inches of fill depth in the tank.

Those bitches will take the Peterbuilt AND the 53 foot trailer. No 2'nd flushes required. I don't think it even costs a penny to pump the water for a flush.

Oh, the low flow restrictors in the faucets and showers are removable. My daughter comes over and marvels at the flow rate in our kitchen sink.

You can drill the hole in a shower head out to get more water through it. Some have a removable restriction washer. I took the washer out, drilled a bigger hole. Wifey has long thick hair. She was plenty happy.

My standard move when trimming out a house is to pull all shower head restrictors. Saves on call-backs where the customer is complaining about flow.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P

Install a bidet, use MUCH less toilet paper while significantly decreasing the possibility of blockage.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Poconojack

Install a bidet, use MUCH less toilet paper while significantly decreasing the possibility of blockage.
We have under-the-seat bidets on both toilets. They really do work in spite of the guffaws they get.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
So, who eats golf balls?
By the time Biden gets done, probably all of us.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had to have my pipes roto rootered a few months ago as one got blocked up and backed up the whole house. After the rootering around , he found a root had grown through one of my cast iron drain pipe joints but it was no match for the rooter machine... however, one thing he did tell me is to be careful not to use the bulky TP like the Costco and Charmin brand . They tend to take longer to break down and can block up a drain pipe pretty quickly. Also, never, ever put the sanitary or alcohol wipes down the toilet. The cloth like material they are made of take a very long time to break down, if they ever do and will really complicate rootering out your pipes later- not to mention most sewer treatment plants aren't designed to grind them up. A friend who worked at a sewer treatment plant for a while showed me a pic of a completely plugged up impeller in a huge pump at the plant that they had to remove every couple months and clean out the sanitary baby wipes in order for the treatment plant to resume operation. It wasn't a pretty picture...

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Never, ever, ever, never flush fuuucking baby wipes down the drains! Got this out on a Thursday, I took off Friday, another plumber got just as much out the next day.

I hate damn baby wipes.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by hanco; 01/15/21.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Never, ever, ever, never flush fuuucking baby wipes down the drains!

Absolutely. I complain that my wife abuses the disposer in the kitchen, no matter what I say, but to my knowledge, she and the kids are abiding by my rule about flushing wipes.

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Never, ever, ever, never flush fuuucking baby wipes down the drains! Got this out on a Thursday, I took off Friday, another plumber got just as much out the next day.

I hate damn baby wipes.

You make a convincing argument.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I hate damn baby wipes.

Drain cleaning isn't for me, though I've done it. Most plumbing companies around here don't do drain cleaning anymore, since a couple of local drain cleaning companies have popped up.

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by bruinruin

Absolutely. I complain that my wife abuses the disposer in the kitchen, no matter what I say, but to my knowledge, she and the kids are abiding by my rule about flushing wipes.

I do not have a garbage disposal in my house. Put the excess food in the damn trash. The grease collects in the line, turns into hard white cshit that clogs the line.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I do not have a garbage disposal in my house. Put the excess food in the damn trash. The grease collects in the line, turns into hard white cshit that clogs the line.

You know it and I know it, but I can't convince my wife. I tell her, "if you're going to take me seriously on anything, listen to me when I tell you as a master plumber going on 3 decades, that disposals aren't trash cans!"

Her mother is even worse about abusing the disposer. SMH....

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant

You know it and I know it, but I can't convince my wife. I tell her, "if you're going to take me seriously on anything, listen to me when I tell you as a master plumber going on 3 decades, that disposals aren't trash cans!"

Her mother is even worse about abusing the disposer. SMH....

Take the MFer out when she is gone.

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
You guys are being too hard on the women...

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
I’m sure was awkward for their previous owner but it’s not like there isn’t a trash can in the bathroom..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
689 members (160user, 12344mag, 12308300, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 70 invisible), 2,702 guests, and 1,280 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,615
Posts18,398,454
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.