Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by deflave
Labradoodles rank right up there with "silver labs."

AVOID.

I thought that Silver Labs were Weimaraners that hadn't learned how to point? Neighbor's SIL had one of those and he got hoppin' mad when we dubbed his Weim "The Grey Lab". But, what else do you call a Weim that retrieves and won't point?

Worthless.

The perfect breed for people that don't know schit.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
BP-B2

S
sse Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
you have to research the breed and the potential breeders you get it from. dog folks in the know are more than happy to share information

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

L
las Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
L
Originally Posted by Dess
A happy Lab tail can sweep a shelf, coffee table, and a toddler all in one cycle. smile

Any good dog can wash your face, French kiss you , and clean your nose out with one good swipe. Usually after licking him/herself or eating something rank.... smile

Honey HalfLab is half the size of a Lab- 45 lbs.

Last edited by las; 01/15/21.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by JeffP
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Why don't you use your google fu and look up long haired red lab!

I know all 3 of the Cocker/Springer breeders/trainiers from Bismarck that I referenced earlier in this thread. Between the 3 of them occasionally there's an "Oops" breeding of a springer with a cocker. Happens when somebody doesn't catch a female in heat quickly enough. They've nicknamed the combo a "Sprocker". Before I owned him, my 1st male cocker sired such a litter in fact.

My dog and the mother springer were both very well pedigreed. That didn't make their mutt pups AKC anything other than mutts. They made great pets and hunting dogs, a friend got one of the females from the Oops litter.

There's no "Long Haired Red Lab" that's all Labrador Retriever. In fact, given your "Red Lab's" narrow head, a bit of Irish Setter isn't out of the realm of possibility either.

Might as well save your breath - he doesn't want to hear it, or believe it.

Breeders that don’t dq these dogs from breeding are the problem. The other problem is $ . AKC just cares about the money from registering litters. Breed standards be damned.

crittrgittr,

In short, the problem is this "Breeders that don’t dq these dogs from breeding are the problem.".

The dogs are a result of two copies of a recessive gene, which disqualifies them from the show ring, which is intended to better the breed according to the "Standard" for labs. Of course, that doesn't mean a "long haired red lab" isn't a Lab, it just means it doesn't meet the breed standard.

A long haired Lab is a Labrador Retriever with two copies of a recessive gene which causes them to grow a longer, finer, wavier coat than typical Labradors.

Long coated Labs are still purebred dogs which can be entered onto breed registries. But their coats disqualify them from the show bench.

That story goes on to say they are still Labs though. And can be registered as such, but they don't meet the Breed Standard and can't be shown in the US, Britain, and Australia:

https://www.thelabradorsite.com/long-haired-lab/

I'm sure there's other websites about the issue also.

But, not meeting the standard is kind of a no-no in the dog world, otherwise why have a standard in the first place.

Kind of like with our whippets. My wife had a gorgeous bitch, that did fairly well in some shows as a junior, and at one coursing event one of the Bay Area whippet club officers looked at her before a race and said "Damn, she really is a fine looking bitch" . But she was never bred because cryptorchidism (one or both testicles don't descend) ran in her lines, due to her breeder not attempting to weed it out. Great dog, multiple other titles in Obedience, Coursing, Rally, and such but not in the show ring. Yes, still a whippet, but not a candidate for improving the breed according to the Standard.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Geno, thanks for that link to the article it was pretty interesting.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The best companion/pet dogs I've had have been rescue mutts. The worst/dumbest have been registered dogs. I've had two beagles that made my registered shepherd look positively stupid. I'm sure they actually understood more words in the English language than many campfire members.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by crittrgittr
Geno, thanks for that link to the article it was pretty interesting.

You're more than welcome.

It just goes to show one, that a dog can be a certain breed, and even be considered "purebred", but not be what most folks think of.

The disqualify blue eyes in some breeds, and allow them in others.

Dachshunds have smooth, long, and wirehaired as well as mini and standard sizes.

Can get to be a bit of a pain in the ass if you ask me!

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
There’s never been any funny business in animal breeding, be it dogs or cows or whatever. Like somebody above said, all AKC cares is you pay your money and they’ll give you the registration paper. No proof as to what the lineage actually is.

I’ve got a litter of silver labs if anybody is interested.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Cheesy
There’s never been any funny business in animal breeding, be it dogs or cows or whatever. Like somebody above said, all AKC cares is you pay your money and they’ll give you the registration paper. No proof as to what the lineage actually is.

LOL !!! Truth too.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
The breed association I admire is that of the Kelpie. No physical breed standard, solely judged on ability.

I recall Jack Russels and heelers before they were recognized and bred to a physical standard. Before that they were best thought of as “types” rather than breed, and varied in dimensions quite a bit.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B3

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The best companion/pet dogs I've had have been rescue mutts. The worst/dumbest have been registered dogs. I've had two beagles that made my registered shepherd look positively stupid. I'm sure they actually understood more words in the English language than many campfire members.

A common theme among broke dick losers.

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
The breed association I admire is that of the Kelpie. No physical breed standard, solely judged on ability.

I recall Jack Russels and heelers before they were recognized and bred to a physical standard. Before that they were best thought of as “types” rather than breed, and varied in dimensions quite a bit.

Yeah I mean, who doesn’t want a Blue Heeler or Jack Russell?

LOL

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

San Antonio specials.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

LOL !!! Truth too.

I've got a litter of Cockayorkiepoohunds around here somewhere.

Only $1700 for the males.

Females are $2K cause you can breed 'em with a [bleep] and get even more money for the pups.

In it is contentment

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

LOL !!! Truth too.

I've got a litter of Cockayorkiepoohunds around here somewhere.

Only $1700 for the males.

Females are $2K cause you can breed 'em with a [bleep] and get even more money for the pups.

That’s my uncles business model. And he laughs all the way to the bank. “This one here is a tri-color so it is another $1000”

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Got a Mountain Cur 5 weeks ago.

She is a Stone Cold Bittch... even named her Miss Lillie SCB.

She is 3 month now. Hell of a nose on her and fearless... she will fight my Australian Shepherd for hours... even grab his cock and balls when she can. 14 pounds vs. 54.

And the Sheppard ain't no whip. Kills squirrels on the fly and groundhogs in the open.

Both breeds are damn smart... quick and tough.

We are NOT city people... so keep that in mind... our dogs work.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T

How could my wife say no to 'Marlee' 12 yrs ago....

Her mom got shot for chasing sheep.......

12+ yrs later....Marlee has slowed down....

But has proven to be a good ole girl.....

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
[Yeah I mean, who doesn’t want a Blue Heeler or Jack Russell?

LOL

Beagle/Mini Pin, one of the best-kept secrets in dogdom 😎

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Blackheart

A common theme among broke dick losers.

Since I don't hang around with losers I'll have to admit not being qualified to argue with your obvious expertise in the matter. Perhaps if you didn't drink so much and could learn not to be such an abrasive ass hole you might attract a better class of friends. Just a little friendly food for thought.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
[Yeah I mean, who doesn’t want a Blue Heeler or Jack Russell?

LOL

Beagle/Mini Pin, one of the best-kept secrets in dogdom 😎

Geeze, people actually breed these things on purpose.... “meagles”... I didn’t know they actually existed.

https://www.dogbreedplus.com/dog_breeds/meagle.php

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
96 members (257robertsimp, 99Ozarks, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 17 invisible), 1,661 guests, and 667 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,727
Posts18,400,741
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.