Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Lucked into a decent deal for a CZ 527 Suppressor Ready in 300 BO. Now, I’ve no love for the 300....though don’t necessarily hate it, either. I have in my mind a 300 HAMR or 6.8 on it. 1:7 twist may not do well if I just re-chamber to the HAMR, and 6.8 gets bolt face opened, new bottom metal, and mags, on top of a barrel, if I’m hearing correctly. It’s a coin flip for loading ease of either. Off the shelf ammo is a toss up, as well. I DO believe I can wring more out of the 6.8 for hunting performance across the board. If I go to a new barrel, it’ll probably be a lightweight, threaded 18”, in place of the 16 that’s on it, and leaning 6.8 if I need a new barrel to get where I’m after. Then again, if I’m getting a new barrel, I COULD go many directions, I guess.

Last option: leave it alone and try to wring all I can out of the 300 with supers, and try not to pop a primer.

Opinions, advice, sources, experience, loads....let her rip.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 01/15/21.
GB1

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
You know what they say, don't shoot the downer, but I would. I would play around with it enough to see how it shot and performs on hogs or other game first.
Then decide, the 6.8 would be my first choice out of the ones you mentioned. I would look at some of the specialty bullets like the Lehighs too, this could up the performance. Check the reviews as some had narrow velocity or range limits to work well.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Sure....I’ve played with the blackout, and I’ve liked all my 6.8s....just trying to find the best route to 6.8/300 HAMR performance, which I feel is a notch or two above 300 BO....from my results with it and the 6.8, anyway. I’d divested all my blackout ammo and bullets, believing I wouldn’t touch one again. It was my last choice in this package, but I’d have bought this one, no matter the caliber. LOL

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The CZ's are pieces of fhuqking schit,wearing a schit proprietary magbox,that is too trite to do anything worth a fhuqk...especially in the chamberings cited. Hint.

AR-15 COAL,is for AR-15's. Hint.

Laughing!...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Keep in mind, this is for stuff under 250, mostly under 150 yards, doesn’t need high BC, long bullets, doesn’t need to be loaded to any longer max COAL than factory, hold 30 rounds or use AR mags, and is about compactness an handling, speed, deer/hogs/coyotes/truck gun use in thick cover, ease of getting into and out of vehicles, stands, briars, mostly shot offhand, likely never prone, and maybe using a can just to be hearing safe, on occasion. If available, it’ll probably run factory loads as much as handloads, just for convenience. It may get exposed to all sorts of weather, beat to [bleep], get shoved in the hands of a newby/smalley to shoot something......in short, all those practical things that don’t concern long range, max ballistics, pushing envelopes, or any of the other nitpicky, rifle looney concerns that my other ARs and bolt guns are far more suited for. It’s not supposed to be like anything else in my safe. This is not being done to suit the desires or purposes or opinions of 99% of other shooters, just mine. I don’t care that someone else hates where I’m going with it or what I’m driving. It’s gonna be another farm/brush/tractor/rhino gun.....not something with colored tape, or for being photogenic with trout rods, shooting mats, and little people, or bragging about.

IC B2

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The 300BO is kid of fun with supers....I killed several deer with the 110gr Sierra HP, works fantastically at those speeds.

L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
The 300BO is kid of fun with supers....I killed several deer with the 110gr Sierra HP, works fantastically at those speeds. They even suppress pretty damned well for a supersonic round.

That being said, the fun with the BO is subs with a can...especially in a bolt gun.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
That’d be the key.....finding the super load that was good for stuff across the board....was also mulling the Sierra 150gr soft point.....would likely only start out at 2100-ish, but might be better for off angles on deer/hogs than the lighter stuff...save monos.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
The 300 Hamm’r should just be a rechamber job.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 375Taylor
The 300 Hamm’r should just be a rechamber job.

If the Whisper barrel is twisted for heavy subsonic loads what would be a deal breaker for me.....

Please don't feed the trolls!
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by hh4whiskey
Keep in mind, this is for stuff under 250, mostly under 150 yards, doesn’t need high BC, long bullets, doesn’t need to be loaded to any longer max COAL than factory, hold 30 rounds or use AR mags, and is about compactness an handling, speed, deer/hogs/coyotes/truck gun use in thick cover, ease of getting into and out of vehicles, stands, briars, mostly shot offhand, likely never prone, and maybe using a can just to be hearing safe, on occasion. If available, it’ll probably run factory loads as much as handloads, just for convenience. It may get exposed to all sorts of weather, beat to [bleep], get shoved in the hands of a newby/smalley to shoot something......in short, all those practical things that don’t concern long range, max ballistics, pushing envelopes, or any of the other nitpicky, rifle looney concerns that my other ARs and bolt guns are far more suited for. It’s not supposed to be like anything else in my safe. This is not being done to suit the desires or purposes or opinions of 99% of other shooters, just mine. I don’t care that someone else hates where I’m going with it or what I’m driving. It’s gonna be another farm/brush/tractor/rhino gun.....not something with colored tape, or for being photogenic with trout rods, shooting mats, and little people, or bragging about.

Sweetheart,

I'm not on the business of expressing opinion,as I simply stated facts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Had an 18" 270 squirtin' 105's in my mitts all day,despite the 80mph++ winds and multiple inches of rain. 'Course it's on a rifle worth a fhuqk,with a magazine worth a fhuqk,shooting bullets worth a fhuqk and 250yds don't begin to test same. Pardon them fhuqking facts too,along with Reality. Hint. Laughing!

I'll feign my GREAT "surprise",that the only fhuqking thing you can speak about in the first hand are your surging Estrogen Levels and raging Emotions,as you try to concoct "excuses" that quantify your fhuqking STUPIDITY,as somehow being a fhuqking "choice". It ain't and this schit is only fhuqking funny,because you are doing your best. Read that again. now one more time. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your fence hopping heart,for trying though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!......................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I suggest just use it as-is. Maybe break in the action with some HBN, then add drop of oil.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
So true! I rechambered a blackout with a 1-8” to 7.62x40 WT and it shot 3” at 100yds. Pretty useless.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
If it’ll shoot 300 AAC loads with 110-150gr bullets respectably, I might try a rechamber. If it’s ‘iffy’, I’ll probably just rebarrel later.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Then there’s rebore going to 350 or 357 AR.....just to really piss off the BC worshippers.....either way, there’s 2.32” of mag box to work with vs 2.26” for anything with an AR mag. ....so I’m thinking there’s few barriers to going any of my possible directions, aside from time, $, and components.

Last edited by hh4whiskey; 01/17/21.
E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
If it shoots like crap, nay, before you shoot it, get a torque driver and check the action screws torque. Mine were loose from the factory.

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by Esteban325
If it shoots like crap, nay, before you shoot it, get a torque driver and check the action screws torque. Mine were loose from the factory.

I may put some pillars/bedding in it, too....haven’t gotten that far yet, though.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Then there’s rebore going to 350 or 357 AR.....just to really piss off the BC worshippers.....either way, there’s 2.32” of mag box to work with vs 2.26” for anything with an AR mag. ....so I’m thinking there’s few barriers to going any of my possible directions, aside from time, $, and components.

DUMBfhuqk,

ASC's easily exceed 527 COAL latitude and now you can say you've "seen" one...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

EVERY fhuqking bullet has a BC and an SD. While ALL bullets of like diameter/mass,share IDENTICAL SD's,their BC's vary GREATLY...if only to the chagrin of CLUELESS fhuqking Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

The ENTIRE impetus of the Whisper was/is,to drive the highest BC possible from mag confines,while staying subsonic. Hint.

Pillars/bedding are lipstick upon the CZ Pig. Hint.

The ONLY things you "shoot" are your mouth and fhuqking Imagination. Hint.

Bless your CLUELESS Drooling heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Oooooooooopsie! Another slow but "balmy" day,with a .530 BC at 2550fps ala 18" spout and 24.6grs of powder. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Laughing!......................

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Have a Snickers bar dude. I'm not sure what you are showing there- is that a Ruger?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Everdumb,

Nobody has ever doubted the sanctity of your STUPIDITY...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You Amazingly CLUELESS Dumbfhuqks would be best served by shutting your Whining mouths,taking notes and applying same. Not that it ain't funnier than fhuqk,that you can't even "do" that "much". Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart for doing your best though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!................

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
the village idiot is back

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
44empty,

Don't be so hard on yourself,as your Handicapped Parking Permit IS warranted...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart for TRYING.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.................

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
LOL.....hell, I may buy another one, convert it to black powder, and shoot round balls out of it.

Since none of my ARs, regardless of chambering, accept AIC mags, then as long as it fits within AR mags, it’s fine in this rifle, since my loads will work in both and I’m not concerned with other rifle and mag combos for this purpose, just some commonality with what I’ve got on hand...,and doing it in a CZ 527.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LOL.....hell, I may buy another one, convert it to black powder, and shoot round balls out of it.

Since none of my ARs, regardless of chambering, accept AIC mags, then as long as it fits within AR mags, it’s fine in this rifle, since my loads will work in both and I’m not concerned with other rifle and mag combos for this purpose, just some commonality with what I’ve got on hand...,and doing it in a CZ 527.

DUMBfhuqk,

Nobody has mentioned "AIC mags",except you and you are talking out your ass about things that do NOT exist...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Now there are in fact AICS(Accuracy International Chassis Systems) mags and I've probably more than a whole fhuqking bunch,despite their having never been mentioned or pictured here. I fhuqking clearly stated ASC(Ammunition Storage Components),mainly because they fhuqking exist and just "happen" to fit EVERY fhuqking MilSpec AR-15,while exceeding 527 COAL confines. Hint. LAUGHING!

Do Nothing DUMBfhuqks such as yourself,would do well by asking questions,rather than TRYING to give "answers",mainly because you are an AMAZINGLY Inept Clueless Fhuqktard. Hint. LAUGHING!

Bless your heart,for TRYING your hardest though.

Hint.

LAUGHING!.....................

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Complete thread detour here, but I love these fish pics.

Originally Posted by Big Stick

DUMBfhuqk,

ASC's easily exceed 527 COAL latitude and now you can say you've "seen" one...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

EVERY fhuqking bullet has a BC and an SD. While ALL bullets of like diameter/mass,share IDENTICAL SD's,their BC's vary GREATLY...if only to the chagrin of CLUELESS fhuqking Window Lickers everywhere. Hint.

The ENTIRE impetus of the Whisper was/is,to drive the highest BC possible from mag confines,while staying subsonic. Hint.

Pillars/bedding are lipstick upon the CZ Pig. Hint.

The ONLY things you "shoot" are your mouth and fhuqking Imagination. Hint.

Bless your CLUELESS Drooling heart.

Hint.

LAUGHING!

Oooooooooopsie! Another slow but "balmy" day,with a .530 BC at 2550fps ala 18" spout and 24.6grs of powder. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Laughing!......................

I do not entertain hypotheticals. The world itself is vexing enough. -- Col. Stonehill
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I got a like new CZ 527 in jan 2008.
Two weeks later I took it to the range and blew the face off the bolt.
I had to buy a new bolt. I have not bothered shooting it since.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Well, that’d suck. Maybe mine will hold up.

Since we’re on things that give bad experiences,

....and suck seems wrapped around the axle because I said AIC instead of ASC....

Well, just replace it in my earlier post. I’ve had around 15 ASC 6.8 mags that they had to replace right out of the wrapper for being non functional....crappy welds. Shouldn’t have hired Stevie Wonder on the tig, I guess....the ones I kept all had to have feed lips totally revamped, and springs all replaced with something that’d work past 100rds....so, no....I don’t give two [bleep] about using them either, ever again. Conservative COAL is just fine for this rig, and the CZ has more than enough room.

It might end up a WLV, just because it’s easier.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Clark- what was the cause (if you found out why)? Was it bubba'd by the previous user?

H
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
H
Torn between 277 WLV, HAMR, or 7.62x40???

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Esteban325
Clark- what was the cause (if you found out why)? Was it bubba'd by the previous user?

The 30 carbine case head failed. Those heads are as bad as 25acp or 10mm for deep extractor groove too close to the primer pocket.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

648 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 06hunter59, 10gaugemag, 77 invisible), 2,535 guests, and 1,273 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,688
Posts18,456,480
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.