Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter

Pro athletes pay more taxes and should jump COVID vaccination line, Barkley says
By Leada Gore | lgoreal.com

NBA hall of famer Charles Barkley would like to see pro athletes skip ahead in the line for the COVID vaccine.

Why? Because they pay a lot of taxes, he said.

In a segment on “Inside the NBA” said pro athletes – he specifically mentioned NFL, NBA and NHL – should not have to wait until the vaccine is widely available, something that is likely to not occur until summer.

“As much taxes as these players pay…they deserve some preferential treatment,” said Barkley, who played at Auburn University.

When asked if the preferential treatment should extend to matters of life or death, Barkley replied, “yes.”

Most states, including Alabama, began vaccinations in late December with front-line medical workers and residents of long-term care facilities. Next in line for the vaccine are first responders and those over age 75, according to the state’s health plan. Mass vaccinations aren’t expected until summer or early fall.

From al.com

=====================
Boots were made for walking
Winds were blowing change
Boys fall in the jungle
As I Came of Age

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Glad to read that he remains consistently an A-hole.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image from totalprosports.com]

"Maybe we're all happy."

"Go to the sporting goods store. From the files, obtain form 4473. These will contain descriptions of weapons and lists of private ownership."
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nearly all dumb niqqers don't pay any income taxes at all, and get dollars in one form or another by the gubmint just because they are alive. They can have all the vaccines. Give them mine and my family's for sure.

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
It's sad that someone can even start an argument about deserving "better" health care because they paid more taxes.
If he wants something, he should be able to go out and buy it on an open market.

Politics is War by Other Means
IC B2

MAC Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
If every pro athlete in the nation died today it would have absolutely no impact on me. Don't watch sports. Don't follow sports. Don't care about sports. Bunch of overpaid punks playing games. I have no use for any of them.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Don't care to watch overpaid hoodrats play professional sports. If professional sports ceased to exist it wouldn't bother me in the least.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
I watched an hour-long interview of Barkley during which he impressed me as level-headed and intelligent. How that guy could make such an asinine comment is beyond me. One's tax bill or bank balance ought to have absolutely nothing to do with priority to get this vaccine. (I will leave the discussion of IF anyone should get it aside for now.)

In any rational system, priority ought to start with those most vulnerable to the disease. Then to those who minister to the most vulnerable. After that, to the public - except that if any other priority should be given it should be to veterans. Athlete and celebrity parasites ought to be shoved to the end of the line.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by bruinruin
Glad to read that he remains consistently an A-hole.

Barkley has always been an asswhole, he's just a standard run of the mill arrogant, rat basterd asswhole.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Have at it! They can have mine too.

Think.
It's not illegal, yet.
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MAC
If every pro athlete in the nation died today it would have absolutely no impact on me. Don't watch sports. Don't follow sports. Don't care about sports. Bunch of overpaid punks playing games. I have no use for any of them.

Originally Posted by gunswizard
Don't care to watch overpaid hoodrats play professional sports. If professional sports ceased to exist it wouldn't bother me in the least.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree, agree. agree.
My inlaws are all sports nuts and just cant understand why I dont give a sh1t.

Life (and forums) is like a box of animal crackers----There's a Jackass in every box
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
That's racist!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Fine, let them jump to the front of the line. I won't feel slighted in the lest bit.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Donald Trump has drawn more enemies of freedom out of the woodwork than any other human in my lifetime! Here we have another stepping forward in Barkley.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
They're welcome to my share.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
give it to them cut with battery acid

Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by MAC

I’m with you,

Last edited by hanco; 01/15/21.
Campfire Savant
Campfire Savant
Originally Posted by Beoceorl

Pro athletes pay more taxes and should jump COVID vaccination line, Barkley says
By Leada Gore | lgoreal.com

NBA hall of famer Charles Barkley would like to see pro athletes skip ahead in the line for the COVID vaccine.

Why? Because they pay a lot of taxes, he said.

In a segment on “Inside the NBA” said pro athletes – he specifically mentioned NFL, NBA and NHL – should not have to wait until the vaccine is widely available, something that is likely to not occur until summer.

“As much taxes as these players pay…they deserve some preferential treatment,” said Barkley, who played at Auburn University.

When asked if the preferential treatment should extend to matters of life or death, Barkley replied, “yes.”

Most states, including Alabama, began vaccinations in late December with front-line medical workers and residents of long-term care facilities. Next in line for the vaccine are first responders and those over age 75, according to the state’s health plan. Mass vaccinations aren’t expected until summer or early fall.

From al.com

Isn’t that racist????

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Lol. I love Charles. Guy is a riot.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by AZmark
[

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Agree, agree. agree.
My inlaws are all sports nuts and just cant understand why I dont give a sh1t.

Most of the hunters I know here couldn't give a flying toss about watching someone else play a child's game...a few I have met are sort of interested but are not rabid about it like most of the other dills that hang it out in every conversation.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

670 members (160user, 12344mag, 1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 67 invisible), 2,460 guests, and 1,250 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,627
Posts18,455,165
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.