W

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That makes great sense.

Everybody knows the people they need to lobby are found
in Texas.

Maybe Wayne bought a mansion on the coast, and wanted
work moved closer?

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Waiting for whatsabear to confirm or deny.

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
If they dare to reincorporate with LaPierre and the same Directors, they can continue to kiss my ass.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
GOA all the way. No-compromising on 2A and actually trying to roll back legislation.

G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
The National Rifle Association (NRA) has filed for bankruptcy and will reincorporate in Texas, the gun rights advocacy group announced Friday.

The NRA, which is based in New York, said it's exiting “what it believes is a corrupt political and regulatory environment in New York” and will restructure as a Texas nonprofit. Its plan, it said, “involves utilizing the protection of the bankruptcy court.”

“The move will enable long-term, sustainable growth and ensure the NRA’s continued success as the nation’s leading advocate for constitutional freedom – free from the toxic political environment of New York,” the NRA said in a statement.

The NRA also claims it is in its “strongest financial condition in years” and said there will be no immediate changes to its operations or workforce. Texas is home to more than 400,000 NRA members and the group is holding its annual meeting in Houston in 2021.

“This strategic plan represents a pathway to opportunity, growth and progress,” NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre said in a statement. “Obviously an important part of this plan is ‘dumping New York.’ The NRA is pursuing reincorporating in a state that values the contributions of the NRA, celebrates our law-abiding members, and will join us as a partner in upholding constitutional freedom. This is a transformational moment in the history of the NRA.”
The news follows a lawsuit from New York Attorney General Letitia James (D) in August that alleges the NRA violated state law governing nonprofit organizations, contributing to a loss of more $64 million over three years.

The civil suit also claimed that the group and four of its top officials, including LaPierre, diverted millions of dollars away from its charitable mission.

Following the civil suit announcement, Democrats on the House Ways and Means Committee called on the IRS to review the tax-exempt status of the NRA and NRA Foundation.

https://thehill.com/homenews/534500-nra-filing-for-bankruptcy-moving-from-new-york-to-texas

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So, are they going to wipe out my life membership as part of this reorganization?

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
It's what they should have done years ago.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
They will never see another dime from me until someone drives a stake through Wayne’s heart

Sam......

IC B3

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
They going to come and repossess my life member jacket?

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
The fight is here, and right now. You better save your money for food, and bullets rather than supporting a 501c3 during this time in history.

No organization is going to be inside your domicile to help save your family when the gun powder starts burning.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Valid question
Originally Posted by Paul_M
So, are they going to wipe out my life membership as part of this reorganization?

Patron member, NRA, Life Member SCI,
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So LaPierre sucked all the available cash out of the coffers right before our very eyes.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Is Wayne a Democrat? Communist? Will he see prison?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You guys are not looking back far enough,

Where was WLP when the NRA showed support for GCA-68

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
If they dare to reincorporate with LaPierre and the same Directors, they can continue to kiss my ass.

^ I’m with this guy

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Paul_M

Federal Bankruptcy law states you must be insolvent to file, number one question is where did all the money go?

And as far as can they flush all responsibility to benefits, member levels and such, yes they CAN, will they that remains to be seen.

From a strategic stand point it is a wise move, but the Dems in TX will be just as vitriolic as those in New York, and mos the big cities will not want them headquartered there, may have to move to Cow Patty West TX.

To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them.-Richard Henry Lee

Endowment Member NRA, Life Member SAF-GOA, Life-Board Member, West TN Director TFA
I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
'Bout time.

Among those ditching New York are Rush Limbaugh and Donald Trump.

For the NRA, it's mostly a legal and regulation move. The HQ will stay in Virginia. Memberships will stay intact.

And we don't need any fat ugly pot-bellied affirmative action groid woman who hates us to "defend our interests" against the NRA executives, by abolishing our organization, thank you. This move basically eliminates the ability of Noo Yawk to politically persecute the NRA.

Last edited by IndyCA35; 01/15/21.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Originally Posted by RockyRaab

Yep. Donate what you used to give to the NRA to GOA.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

237 members (12344mag, 10Glocks, 257 mag, 1eyedmule, 2UP, 300jimmy, 18 invisible), 1,401 guests, and 918 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,061
Posts18,463,301
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.