Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Ever get ripped off in a fraudulent internet firearms purchase ? How did you go about getting your money back ?

BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had a couple firearms arrive that weren't in the condition advertised, and one arrived with a stock broken in transit. In the case of the first two, the condition issues weren't terrible, but I have no doubt the seller intentionally misrepresented the product, knowing that my cost to ship the rifles back would make it a hard decision for me. I learned a couple lessons there.

In the case of the broken stock, the seller who did a schitt packaging job did pay me to have it professionally repaired. Now, I insist any purchase made be sent in a hard case.

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
I'm talking about sending your funds and not receiving any firearm, seller and shipping FFL ceased responding to e-mail.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Haha

You got foucked

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Many years ago, through the old Gun List ,pre internet, but yeah, Broken Arrow OK Pawn Shop ripped me off bad. Ordered a 700, .308 silhouette..got an incomplete, non firing, group of 700 parts, visibly worn bbl was screwed in finger tight. Hostile, argumentative owner, no negotiating. Let's see, pawn shop? Serves me right.

Last edited by flintlocke; 01/15/21.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gunswizard
Ever get ripped off in a fraudulent internet firearms purchase ? How did you go about getting your money back ?

A Sako I bought never existed. Kept myself from driving 500 miles to have a surprise meet up after getting a valid address. I knew that every mile I drove I would get more and more pissed off and it would end bad for both of us.

I contacted my state's attorney general's office with receipts, correspondence etc. They said they couldn't do much but they did send him an official letter.

I got my money back within days of him getting the letter. A lot of folks that were past members of the Sako Collectors Club knew him. I made sure to contact a bunch of folks and told them not to deal with him.

This was during the glory days of Gun List. I got him blacklisted there so he could no longer run ads.

Not a big deal but it made me feel better.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Wait till you get skrewed, we'll see how funny you think it is. Till then feel free to GFY

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
My dad did. He found some model 94 winchesters on gunsamerica or some other such site. Sent $2500 for them, and the guns never showed up. Dad told me he got an email from the guy saying he got mugged while taking the rifles down to be shipped. Lost them as well as the $2500. I asked my dad to send me all the emails between him and the seller. Looking through them it was obvious that he'd been scammed. Just not internet savvy enough to realize it. He sent the money to an address in a town in Indiana. A search of the house showed a real estate listing for a chit box run down house with a mail box in front. They were using that address to collect the money without it going to their address. I called the local PD and got the usual "we'll look in to it" never heard anything back.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
LAUGHING

Gunwizard PMing me

“Please don’t make fun of me getting ripped off”

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

How much $$$

Is this a real set back for you?

Will there be more month left vs Alpo?

IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
No. Been very fortunate in buying, selling, trading. And made some good friends along the way.
Sorry to hear of your being taken advantage of.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
That's not what I said and you know it, ya f'n troll.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

Oh boy....

Threatening me via PM

lol

What a knee slapper.

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
I'm talking about sending your funds and not receiving any firearm, seller and shipping FFL ceased responding to e-mail.

All you have to do is call BATF, since a FFL is involved, and things will happen pretty darn quick.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Try your State's AG office for starters.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

Italian Proverb

G
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
G
Ya got put on ignore Mr. Smartazz, so play your fu ktard kiddie games all you want.

Last edited by gunswizard; 01/15/21.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

All you have to do is call BATF, since a FFL is involved, and things will happen pretty darn quick.

Not necessarily. I tried that since I had (have) an FFL and they didn't do anything. This is more of a fraud issue.

You can still try though.

dogzapper

Italian Proverb

A
add Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by slumlord

Oh boy....

Threatening me via PM

lol

What a knee slapper.

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Ya got put on ignore Mr. Smartazz, so play your fu ktard kiddie games all you want.

If you have him on ignore don’t toggle his comments and look it kinda defeats the purpose.

Sorry to hear you got ripped off. I’ve not experienced that yet, but I’m sure it’s a matter of time.

I hope you find a resolution!

E
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
E
Originally Posted by Sakoluvr
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91

Not necessarily. I tried that since I had (have) an FFL and they didn't do anything. This is more of a fraud issue.

You can still try though.

With an FFL on the "shipping" end, and party to the fraud, they have to.

You were on the receiving end, and if the shipper was not an FFL, I can see why they said for you to deal with it in civil court.

The law always pushes it off to being a civil case if there is any way they can avoid getting involved.

"He is far from Stupid"

”person, who happens to have an above-average level of intelligence

– DocRocket (In reference to ElkSlayer91)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
755 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 007FJ, 10ring1, 160user, 10gaugeman, 84 invisible), 2,917 guests, and 1,231 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,704
Posts18,400,064
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.