Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
i have a local guy that makes his own stocks....stock,paint,bedding $800.00 complete, i am going this route next time i do something

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The outfit I quoted is really good and honestly I have seen several AG stocks that weren’t inlet well.
Regardless this is how some outfits are charging $5k and up for a rifle.....Time = $$

But as for me and my house we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Phil. 4:13

I DON'T NEED A WSM AS I HAVE A WEATHERBY!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by beretzs
Man, they are shipping stocks fast right now. I ordered two on Dec 4 and had them both by New Years. Never seen them shipped so quick.

Must have had them already finished in the store

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by alpinecrick
Man, they are shipping stocks fast right now. I ordered two on Dec 4 and had them both by New Years. Never seen them shipped so quick.

Maybe, but the one was a Hunters EDGE for a P64 with Sunny Hill BM 14" LOP with a red Pachmayr and the other was for my M700 Ultimate ML also with a 14" LOP. So, maybe I just got darned lucky. I haven't had much over a 2 month wait on a stock from them the past year. They still quote me the 4-6 months but it is usually half or less, at least the last 5-6 stocks..

Now, on the other hand, I have been waiting over 6 months for Echols to get a run of Legends.. Those are like RL26, Unobtanium!

Semper Fi
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M

Maybe, but the one was a Hunters EDGE for a P64 with Sunny Hill BM 14" LOP with a red Pachmayr and the other was for my M700 Ultimate ML also with a 14" LOP. So, maybe I just got darned lucky. I haven't had much over a 2 month wait on a stock from them the past year. They still quote me the 4-6 months but it is usually half or less, at least the last 5-6 stocks..

Now, on the other hand, I have been waiting over 6 months for Echols to get a run of Legends.. Those are like RL26, Unobtanium!

You didn't get lucky in receiving your stock so soon. I saw many customers commenting on another website they received their stocks fairly fast.

I received an email today from McMillan announcing the change of ownership:

"We are thrilled to announce that Bob Beck of Extreme Outer Limits, MOA Rifles, and Rugged Ridge Outdoor Gear, a longtime customer and friend of Kelly McMillan, has purchased McMillan Fiberglass Stocks. Bob’s plan is to continue the success of the legendary brand Kelly and the McMillan family built. He is committing resources to reduce delivery times and maintain McMillan’s dominance as the premium brand for synthetic rifle stocks on the market."

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I got the same email. I like McMillans. I don’t get surprises when I open the box and I know I can expect a high quality handle. I wished their EDGE stocks were a touch lighter but whatever.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

You're probably right, that's not a stock they keep around in the store too much!

Of course, I just ordered a Bansner in the raw. He said about two weeks to ship.

I've got a 2-3 years supply of RL-26. Things had better loosen up by then or I'll be pizzed........

Casey

Not being married to any particular political party sure makes it a lot easier to look at the world more objectively...
Having said that, MAGA.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
I got the same email. I like McMillans. I don’t get surprises when I open the box and I know I can expect a high quality handle. I wished their EDGE stocks were a touch lighter but whatever.

The stiffest, AND the lightest stock I own is a Wildcat Composites. It's every bit as stiff as my Edge. In the raw $320 to my door a couple years ago. Alas, his insurance company will not let him sell to the US of A. Too much gun litigation down here was the reason. I am really bummed over this........

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I’ve heard they’re wicked but never owned one.

Semper Fi
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

The stiffest, AND the lightest stock I own is a Wildcat Composites. It's every bit as stiff as my Edge. In the raw $320 to my door a couple years ago. Alas, his insurance company will not let him sell to the US of A. Too much gun litigation down here was the reason. I am really bummed over this........

When did this occur?
Damn.
They are really nice stocks.

IC B3

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Me too, I was all set to order another tikka wildcat and he said it’s a no go for now. I really hope that changes soon! Trully amazing stock for any price but crazy good for how cheap they are. Granted, they require some finishing know how but nothing touches them in they weight abd stiffness realm. He said he is working on a tikka stock set up for carbon fiber barrels so hopefully it all works out at the same time since I have a carbon fiber hells canyon barrel laying around needing a good home!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

AKW, I'm pretty sure just recently. I talked to him just before Christmas. He says he's going to try and see if the insurance company will relent if USA customers are willing to sign a waiver
Doesn't sound promising.........

Casey

Having said that, MAGA.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

94 members (Algotguns, Akhutr, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, batch, 11 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 855 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,228
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.