Hop To
Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Cheesy
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by Cheesy
There’s never been any funny business in animal breeding, be it dogs or cows or whatever. Like somebody above said, all AKC cares is you pay your money and they’ll give you the registration paper. No proof as to what the lineage actually is.

I’ve got a litter of silver labs if anybody is interested.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL !!! Truth too.

I've got a litter of Cockayorkiepoohunds around here somewhere.

Only $1700 for the males.

Females are $2K cause you can breed 'em with a [bleep] and get even more money for the pups.

That’s my uncles business model. And he laughs all the way to the bank. “This one here is a tri-color so it is another $1000”

whistle

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The best companion/pet dogs I've had have been rescue mutts. The worst/dumbest have been registered dogs. I've had two beagles that made my registered shepherd look positively stupid. I'm sure they actually understood more words in the English language than many campfire members.

The smarter the breed, the smarter the owner needs to be. Otherwise the dog spends its time manipulating its stupid owner. Dumb dogs seem to fare better with owners who are on the same intellectual plane. Shepherds are smart, and beagles are dumb.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The best companion/pet dogs I've had have been rescue mutts. The worst/dumbest have been registered dogs. I've had two beagles that made my registered shepherd look positively stupid. I'm sure they actually understood more words in the English language than many campfire members.

Sounds like you should dog better.

I’d imagine that in most cases if someone has a beagle that’s outperforming a dog whose breed has years and years of selective breeding specifically for trainability, that the person handling them is beyond incapable.

Fortunately I don’t have to back this up with experience or evidence as artificial selection has already done it for me.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard

The smarter the breed, the smarter the owner needs to be. Otherwise the dog spends its time manipulating its stupid owner. Dumb dogs seem to fare better with owners who are on the same intellectual plane. Shepherds are smart, and beagles are dumb.

Mic drop.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
To the op, get a mutt.
Pets are pets, to think you can get a hunting dog and not hunt it religiously is foolish.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

I raised and trained beagles for rabbit hunting for 30 years. I've had beagles that were dumb and others that were very smart. You'd have done well to be on the same intellectual plane with the dumb ones. Nobody on here is more gullible and stupid than you. If you weren't a complete and utter moron you would realize that. You've certainly had it pointed out enough times by many of the members here. It's always funny when the little retard kid calls somebody else stupid though.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

I’d imagine that in most cases if someone has a beagle that’s outperforming a dog whose breed has years and years of selective breeding specifically for trainability, that the person handling them is beyond incapable.

Fortunately I don’t have to back this up with experience or evidence as artificial selection has already done it for me.
I've had registered dogs from some of the best bloodlines that turned out to be a disappointment. Much as your parents undoubtedly felt about you.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by deflave

A common theme among broke dick losers.

Since I don't hang around with losers...

I do believe that... even losers have minimum standards.

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by CashisKing

You are a petty little man like many here. Openly part of the pack mentality that is so prevalent among today's neutered beta male. You might better spend time finding someone to wash that big yellow stripe off the middle of your back rather than nipping at your superiors here.

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S

I raised and trained beagles for rabbit hunting for 30 years. I've had beagles that were dumb and others that were very smart. You'd have done well to be on the same intellectual plane with the dumb ones. Nobody on here is more gullible and stupid than you bicycle boy. If you weren't a complete and utter moron you would realize that. You've certainly had it pointed out enough times by many of the members here. It's always funny when the little retard kid calls somebody else stupid though.

Our Beagle, Daisy, is the smartest dog we have ever owned and we have had some smart dogs. She can tell time, that is, we feed her at 5:30, and every day about 5:28 she waltzes into the kitchen and looks up at the refrigerator. She had a big vocabulary, she knows her name, she knows the work "walk" she knows lots of words.

Also, sometimes we will be planning a drive with her and won't say "go for a ride" and won't grab up the car keys, but she gets amped up and stands by the door. I think she has esp. Very very smart dog.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So it appears a dog fight has broken out in the dog thread, how charming.

Padded VA Hospital Rooms for $1000 Alex

Originally Posted by renegade50
My ignoree,s will never be Rock Stars on 24 hr campfire.....Like me!!!!

What are psychotic puppet hunters?
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

You are a petty little man like many here. Openly part of the pack mentality that is so prevalent among today's neutered beta male. You might better spend time finding someone to wash that big yellow stripe off the middle of your back rather than nipping at your superiors here.

Can you still suck a golf ball thru a garden hose... or did the Covid effect you lung capacity?

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by akasparky
So it appears a dog fight has broken out in the dog thread, how charming.

10 pages of opinions... no way the OP is still seeking wisdom on the matter.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

I raised and trained beagles for rabbit hunting for 30 years. I've had beagles that were dumb and others that were very smart. You'd have done well to be on the same intellectual plane with the dumb ones. Nobody on here is more gullible and stupid than you. If you weren't a complete and utter moron you would realize that. You've certainly had it pointed out enough times by many of the members here. It's always funny when the little retard kid calls somebody else stupid though.

This seems like a good time to remind you of two things. 1. I am not the one who is too damn dumb to train the world's third smartest dog breed. B. You can't seem to quit me. At last count I had made your ignore list two different times. If you don't care for the comments of someone who doesn't suffer mental and emotional midgets lightly, I'd recommend you usher me back over to your ignore list.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

This seems like a good time to remind you of two things. 1. I am not the one who is too damn dumb to train the world's third smartest dog breed. B. You can't seem to quit me. At last count I had made your ignore list two different times. If you don't care for the comments of someone who doesn't suffer mental and emotional midgets lightly, I'd recommend you usher me back over to your ignore list.
All dogs of a breed are not of equal intelligence, much like people.

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B

Can you still suck a golf ball thru a garden hose... or did the Covid effect you lung capacity?
Juvenile as always. It's all you've got.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

All dogs of a breed are not of equal intelligence, much like people.

Tell yourself whatever you need to.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Ducksanddogs

I've had registered dogs from some of the best bloodlines that turned out to be a disappointment. Much as your parents undoubtedly felt about you.

All I keep hearing is you can’t train a dog. But feel free to keep providing evidence.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Sponxx

Thinking Beagle, Vizsla, Brittany Spaniel, Lab...

- short hair or non shedding midlength coat (like a Brittany Spaniel at the most)

A non-shedding Labrador? That's pretty comical and I wish you luck finding one of those. If I'd paid more attention in Home Economics as a 3rd grader during the 'make your own stuffed critter' days, I could've now had a roomful of large teddies jammed full of Lab hair stuffing.

We have a pair of Labs and they're about as good of dogs as I could ever have hoped for, as hunters and just as wonderful, super smart, protective dogs when in the house and everywhere else we take them. Anyway, point is, I've been around Labs for decades, own two now and I'm here to tell you that Labs shed. A LOT.

Page 9 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1234, 19rabbit52, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 66 invisible), 2,624 guests, and 1,243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,528
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.