Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
GB1

T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T
A good read indeed. Thanks for posting it.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Truth.

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

A
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
A
Surprised this post did not get more responses.

The gist of the paper is that screwing everything in sight is not the path to a fulfilled life, but marriage and children are. It's how we are built.

and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? (Micah 6:8)

d.v.

Musings on TDS
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by achadwick

The gist of the paper is that screwing everything in sight is not the path to a fulfilled life, but marriage and children are. It's how we are built.

It's an idiotic viewpoint that doesn't mention or recognize what the real problem is.

Here's the guy that wrote it:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

LOL

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O
Which is what, pappa Clark?

https://postimg.cc/xXjW1cqx/81efa4c5

Soli Deo Gloria

democrats ARE the plague.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by deflave

It's an idiotic viewpoint that doesn't mention or recognize what the real problem is.

LOL

Looks like that guy is just PO'ed because he doesn't have any game.

Music washes away the dust of everyday life
Some people wait a lifetime to meet their favorite hunting and shooting buddy. Mine calls me dad
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

LOL

The bottom line with respect to families is that birth rates are plummeting all across the collective West, to include Japan and Singapore.

Marriage rates falling, single parent homes increasing.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
T
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
T

LOL

Judge a book by it's cover much? Reminds me of some guys here on the fire that dismiss anything someone says if they haven't killed X number of elk or Y number of deer, etc. Bet if we all posted pics of ourselves, a lot of us would lose credibility, LOL.

Please enlighten us as to the real problem. I hope that your take is that it is our estrangement from Christianity. When people see themselves as just another animal, well, animal behavior is what results. What do animals do? They screw everything in sight and leave mama to raise the young; rinse and repeat. Doesn't work so well with humans. Marriage and children is the path God set forth for us from the very beginning. It can be argued that most of society's ills are the result of unmarried people not keeping their clothes on, and subsequent proliferation of fatherless kids, in addition to the spiritual emptiness that the author describes.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
B
A big part of the problem is, a lot of young people today don't see any path to making enough money to set up housekeeping and raising kids.

Another is, young men are shying away from marriage because in the event of a divorce, the man will be financially ruined for all of eternity.

Basically, young people see the marriage "thing" as something that's not available to them. It's something the previous generations participated in.

IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Bristoe
A big part of the problem is, a lot of young people today don't see any path to making enough money to set up housekeeping and raising kids.

Another is, young men are shying away from marriage because in the event of a divorce, the man will be financially ruined for all of eternity.

Basically, young people see the marriage "thing" as something that's not available to them. It's something the previous generations participated in.
There's a lot of truth to this.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Young men today just want to jerk off and play video games till theyre 35

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's an interesting article. Kinda exhibits the extremes between the Victorian era and today.

Several years ago, the author Tom Wolfe wrote an in-depth book about the same subject. His wit and astute observations made it very readable . I can't remember the exact title but it might have been Hooking Up. (?) I had a copy but have no idea where it is now. Worth a read if you get a copy.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)
O
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
O

Well perhaps It is because we are the "shoot every bit of paper, steel and selected game in sight" group we don't have time to screw everything in sight? That would inhibit our search for fulfilment via reloading supplies.

No time for "finger banging Mary Beth rottoncrotch through her frilly pink....."

-OMotS

"If memory serves fails me..."
Quote: ( unnamed) "been prtty deep in the cooler todaay "

Television and radio are most effective when people question little and think even less.
G
Gus Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by EthanEdwards

indeed. lot's of family stuff was begun to create a growing, and viable economy. no need to get into that. it'll just ruffle feathers, cause the bristles on the back of the neck of some individuals to rise up.

not being able to afford a family is very real. that is, they'd be in deep poverty from the start and who wants their baby to have to endure that?

sex drive is with us though. well some of us.

as we move further into the post modern world and economy old patterns of behavior are breaking down, for better or worse.

DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Fluid transfer........ uhhhh no!

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
A Communion of Anxiety: A Gathering of Trumpsters and the Offspring of Trumpsters.

The end of democracy, and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

AC,

The current reality of the dating world is much worse than this author can even imagine, and he's completely missed the true root causes.

In many sphere's Social Media and hook up apps have broken women's ability to accurately gauge their value to potential male suitors. They confuse their number of followers and likes on facebook post with the number of men willing to marry them.

Like wise on hook up app, 80% of the women are only selecting 20% of the men. These men are happy to bed them for a night or two, but too many average women mis-interpret these encounter as what they can expect for marriage. Since these top men have options, Miss Average gets plenty of hookup, but no proposals from the men she's after. After about the age of 25, her prospects diminish every year after that until at age 30 she hits "the wall". This is where she goes into panic mode trying to lock down a high value man, but the 35 year old man has plenty of prospects in the 23-28 age range, so they are just not interested.

Here's an interesting look into the psyche of the Modern Woman who over values herself on the dating market, and what she has to look forward to:

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Yessir.
Today’s local newspaper has an article about the proposed 15$/hour minimum wage “helping 50% of the workforce in Louisiana “.

Baby momma need babies for the perpetual money stream. Baby daddy says ‘I can help wit dat’.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Gus

indeed. lot's of family stuff was begun to create a growing, and viable economy. no need to get into that. it'll just ruffle feathers, cause the bristles on the back of the neck of some individuals to rise up.

not being able to afford a family is very real. that is, they'd be in deep poverty from the start and who wants their baby to have to endure that?

sex drive is with us though. well some of us.

as we move further into the post modern world and economy old patterns of behavior are breaking down, for better or worse.

For better or worse?

What’s the upside, Gus?

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

589 members (10gaugemag, 1234, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 007FJ, 49 invisible), 2,612 guests, and 1,153 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,505
Posts18,452,557
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.