Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by add
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Spanokopitas

. But I cannot help thinking that his plight was brought about in large part by his own hubris.

He was never going to be accepted by anyone on the left. He most assuredly did himself a disservice with more independent minded people by picking fights he should not have. Fighting on stage with Dr. Fauci was dumb. Picking fights with entertainers like Lebron was dumb. The comments he made about John McCain were a horrible miscalculation that cost himself and Republicans dearly. Arizona is no longer red, and he owns that. Arizonans of all flavors revered McCain. Him schidting on McCain's grave made a few on the right happy, but he didn't need to that to stay in their good graces. Ultimately his mouth and his arrogance cost him.

You should have stopped writing after the first sentence.

Let's explore one part of my post. McCain. Do you think Trump's treatment of McCain won over any voters?

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by AKA_Spook

Here is a reply I sent to a friend who asked, "Whose side are you on?".

I'm on Trump's side and have been since shortly after he announced.

Trouble is there is not much left of his "side". He certainly would not have suffered the indignity of being impeached TWICE and the second time with significant bi-partisan support. Not much chance he will be convicted in the Senate but there will be significant bi-partisan support for conviction, much more than the first time. And, all of this impeachment crap because of what those azzhole "patriots" did. No other reason.

Because of that, and a few other things that happened since the election, politically he is dead meat. After he leaves office his life will be consumed fighting civil and criminal charges. His financial empire is crumbling. Powerful friends and allies, including his wife, are deserting him. All he really has left are the the "little people" like you and me who do not have the money, influence, or votes to help him.

I would not be surprised if he fled this country to live in exile in a country that does not have an extradition treaty with the USA.

The Wife and I, especially The Wife, are grieving over this whole mess. Maybe we will visit him in exile. But I cannot help thinking that his plight was brought about in large part by his own hubris. Think classical Greek tragedy.

If you ever studied ancient Greek mythology you might agree.

spanky, what is your purpose for posting this drivel?
Spanky is a Leftist Troll who doesn't even have the balls to just admit it like Paddler or LeRoy. On the order of Jello or SA Charlie.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

. But I cannot help thinking that his plight was brought about in large part by his own hubris. Think classical Greek tragedy.

I respectfully disagree, to a point. Yes, somewhat like Oedipus, Trump said, "I can". But he mostly said, "We Can".

He was not brought down by hubris but by a concentrated cabal of greedy ambitious like minded people.

So it is not as much as Sophocles' "Oedipus" as Plato's "Apology".

Me solum relinquatis

Molon Labe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by add

. But I cannot help thinking that his plight was brought about in large part by his own hubris.

He was never going to be accepted by anyone on the left. He most assuredly did himself a disservice with more independent minded people by picking fights he should not have. Fighting on stage with Dr. Fauci was dumb. Picking fights with entertainers like Lebron was dumb. The comments he made about John McCain were a horrible miscalculation that cost himself and Republicans dearly. Arizona is no longer red, and he owns that. Arizonans of all flavors revered McCain. Him schidting on McCain's grave made a few on the right happy, but he didn't need to that to stay in their good graces. Ultimately his mouth and his arrogance cost him.

Let's explore one part of my post. McCain. Do you think Trump's treatment of McCain won over any voters?
Damn you are retarded.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

Pretty good summary.

But we have to know that his brashness was also a very big factor in his popularity.

He made mistakes because he is human and mostly because everything he ever uttered was under a microscope.

Jmo

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.
IC B2

S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by slumlord
Spanx do you still have a facebook acct?

I never check Facebook. I think I may have an account but not sure. Why do you axt?

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

But we have to know that his brashness was also a very big factor in his popularity.

Jmo

Without a doubt his willingness to smack certain folks down was part of his popularity and it helped him get into office. He just couldn't seem to grasp when certain fights were of no possible value.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Those Jeb Bush slaps were hilarious

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

And “Little Marco”.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Those were an integral part of his success. He had to beat Jeb.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Trouble is there is not much left of his "side". He certainly would not have suffered the indignity of being impeached TWICE and the second time with significant bi-partisan support. Not much chance he will be convicted in the Senate but there will be significant bi-partisan support for conviction, much more than the first time. And, all of this impeachment crap because of what those azzhole "patriots" did. No other reason.

Because of that, and a few other things that happened since the election, politically he is dead meat. After he leaves office his life will be consumed fighting civil and criminal charges. His financial empire is crumbling. Powerful friends and allies, including his wife, are deserting him. All he really has left are the the "little people" like you and me who do not have the money, influence, or votes to help him.

I would not be surprised if he fled this country to live in exile in a country that does not have an extradition treaty with the USA.

The Wife and I, especially The Wife, are grieving over this whole mess. Maybe we will visit him in exile. But I cannot help thinking that his plight was brought about in large part by his own hubris. Think classical Greek tragedy.

Spano you are incredibly ill informed. President Trump and his 80 million supporters love this exceptional country, based on our Constitution and Declaration of Independence. One day ye shall know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S

Hi biggest and perhaps only fault is picking fights that he cannot win. For instance McCain. That was a stupid mistake and gave us fulll-bore Obama Care and, worse, flipped Arizona.

www.paracay.com

It's better to live rich than die rich. Live simply so that I may simply live large.
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Old_Toot

Jmo

Without a doubt his willingness to smack certain folks down was part of his popularity and it helped him get into office. He just couldn't seem to grasp when certain fights were of no possible value.

Very true, Paul but when you’re all alone and totally surrounded by assailants you might ought better be swinging at anything and everything.

No doubt that the McCain thing cost him and the rest of us.

Jmo

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sycamore
"I shouldn’t joke, I shouldn’t joke because you know what? Running against the worst candidate in the history of presidential politics puts pressure on me. Could you imagine if I lose?" Trump said at the time.

"My whole life — what am I going to do? I’m going to say, I lost to the worst candidate in the history of politics! I’m not going to feel so good. Maybe I’ll have to leave the country, I don’t know."

Syc, the only problem with your little attempt at scorn is Trump never has and never will "say" . . . "I lost" . . . because he didn't lose. The election was stolen by the communists (Democrats, Fake Media and Globalists.) Do you deny that fact?

"All that the South has ever desired was that the Union, as established by our forefathers, should be preserved, and that the government, as originally organized, should be administered in purity and truth." – Robert E. Lee
S
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by highpockets1
What criminal charges will he face ?

There are a number of criminal charges pending. Give it a week or so after B is sworn in and we will all exactly what he will be charged with. Now, conviction is an entirely different matter.

www.paracay.com

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Your post sounds like a CNN host reading his teleprompter. You actually believe everything you wrote?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by highpockets1
What criminal charges will he face ?

There are a number of criminal charges pending. Give it a week or so after B is sworn in and we will all exactly what he will be charged with. Now, conviction is an entirely different matter.

Designed to drain him financially which is a part of the rush to impeach and convict.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BigDave39355
. . . I’m surprised hiden Biden hasn’t pushed to moved the inauguration to virtual / televised only.
Least they can lie about the crowds them.

As Biden raises money for his virtual inauguration, lobbyists prepare for a scaled-down schmooze-fest

Clic Pic
[Linked Image from cdn.cnn.com]

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I don't put much stock in any political party. I am on the side of the Constitution and vote according. For the last 30 years that means the DEMs have not made my cut but after this year I'm not 100% that the GOP will ever make it again. Both sides have shown disdain for the Constitution and that does not bode well for the nation. I fear our republic may very well cease to exist as we know it and the direction both parties have been taking will make it VERY hard to ever get it back. I see no way other than open rebellion and civil war. I pray I am wrong, but I don't think I am.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Originally Posted by add

Won me over and most of the people I know. We were aware of McCain's back door deals, and left leaning politics.. Surprised anyone thought McCain was worth a [bleep] as a leader of his constituents!

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

142 members (10Glocks, 44mc, AlleghenyMountain, 7x57Hunter, 7887mm08, 808outdoors, 15 invisible), 1,906 guests, and 784 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,693
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.