Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Northman
I was talking to them in middle of December about specs and weights on a stock model... now 4 weeks later it seems I can't order the stock anymore, because they removed it.

Had I known in December they where canceling several of their stock models.. I would have bought it then!
Propper messaging to customers, either via Facebook, website or emails, and they would have gotten 2 maybe 3 stock orders from me then..
Combine that with all the others from several forums just finding out now, it would add up to quite a few orders..

What models did they discontinue?

GB1

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
From the looks of their website you can get a generic stock for a Rem 700 BDL. Looks like cookie cutter stuff to me.

"I never thought I'd live to see the day that a U.S. president would raise an army to invade his own country."
Robert E. Lee
z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I quit using Mc stocks after two customers ordered custom fit stocks from them, both of which had major fitment issues.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by z1r
I quit using Mc stocks after two customers ordered custom fit stocks from them, both of which had major fitment issues.

Curious who you found that was comparable with the options McMillan offers that does a better job? Serious question not arguing about it.

z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by z1r

Curious who you found that was comparable with the options McMillan offers that does a better job? Serious question not arguing about it.

I stock almost exclusively with wood and worked almost exclusively on Mausers. These were customer supplied stocks that they provided McMillan the barreled actions for. Both completed stocks had inletting/fitment issues that weren't readily fixable due to being completed/painted. The customer's paid a good deal extra, waited longer, and incurred the time and expense of mailing McMillan the barreled actions, only to get a stock whose inletting did not match what was sent to them. Prior to these I used a few McMillans with the edge fill, at least one of which was part of a group by here on the fire, that fit well and were nice. But as time went on, more issues seemed to crop up to the point where it wasn't worth my time and effort to build a rifle using their stocks. I never looked for another vendor since it wasn't a big part of my business model.

For other Makes and Models, their stocks may be fine, but they didn't serve me or my customers well for our needs.

IC B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

good that they nailed his ass.

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
That doesn't really make sense. I have had to send my barreled action to McMillan several times, and the rifle comes back assembled after they inlet.

z1r Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
That doesn't really make sense. I have had to send my barreled action to McMillan several times, and the rifle comes back assembled after they inlet.

Correct, makes no sense, you'd think since they charge for the service it would fit. But that's why I won't use them again.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I don’t blame you for not using them again. I have only used them for Remington/clones Winchester and Howa/Vanguard. They have all been right or right enough considering I was bedding them anyway. If I sent the barreled action in to them or anyone else and it wasn’t s good fit I would not be pleased either.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

372 members (204guy, 1_deuce, 1minute, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 42 invisible), 2,396 guests, and 1,113 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,167
Posts18,465,330
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.